Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Re: Lakers Give Michael Beasley a 2nd Workout 

Post#21 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:57 pm

goldrodd wrote:
kblo247 wrote:I don't want to hear all the bs about talent vs hard work here. Throw wes put there vs. Beasley and Beasley would bust his ass. He is also more consistently healthy than X and played at a level they've never sniffed in the league. All things equal and we know the only certain roles are Kobe, Lin, Boozer, and Nick as the 6th. I say let him get a deal and then watch him beat out wes, x, Kelly, and co

I say signing Beasley makes Jordan Hill expendable. With Nash to Phoenix for Eric Bledsoe.

I invite you to justify why getting rid of the starting center by bringing in a underachieving SF and a redundant PG makes us better than where we are now.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
goldrodd
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by goldrodd » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:06 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
goldrodd wrote:
kblo247 wrote:I don't want to hear all the bs about talent vs hard work here. Throw wes put there vs. Beasley and Beasley would bust his ass. He is also more consistently healthy than X and played at a level they've never sniffed in the league. All things equal and we know the only certain roles are Kobe, Lin, Boozer, and Nick as the 6th. I say let him get a deal and then watch him beat out wes, x, Kelly, and co

I say signing Beasley makes Jordan Hill expendable. With Nash to Phoenix for Eric Bledsoe.

I invite you to justify why getting rid of the starting center by bringing in a underachieving SF and a redundant PG makes us better than where we are now.

Bringing in Beasley gives us scoring from the 3 or 4. Jordan Hill is a 4 with no outside game. Bledsoe is a genius that can supercharge young legs like X, Young, Randell. It makes us better by increasing the tempo on offense and stopping the ball on defense.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#23 » by dockingsched » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:18 pm

So Beasley replaces the lakers starting center and a Nash package brings back Bledsoe...
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:23 pm

goldrodd wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:
goldrodd wrote:I say signing Beasley makes Jordan Hill expendable. With Nash to Phoenix for Eric Bledsoe.

Bringing in Beasley gives us scoring from the 3 or 4. Jordan Hill is a 4 with no outside game. Bledsoe is a genius that can supercharge young legs like X, Young, Randell. It makes us better by increasing the tempo on offense and stopping the ball on defense.

I don't agree with your logic, it is flawed, but let's just say I agree with you then how would you bring in Bledsoe? and I want to see trade checker links and/or a sound logical explanation how you would trade Hill for Bledsoe who is adamant about getting a max deal and how this won't affect our future plans for the next two years.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#25 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:04 pm

I'll take Beasley over Wes...but signing Beasley likely means Henry drops out of the rotation with Young playing mostly SG.
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#26 » by Marionettetc » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
Marionettetc wrote:I hope Sun Yue and Ammo are next

Sun Yue, haven't thought about that guy in years. Wow.

Chinese Magic Johnson!
goldrodd
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#27 » by goldrodd » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:32 am

dockingsched wrote:So Beasley replaces the lakers starting center and a Nash package brings back Bledsoe...

Jordan Hill is not a center. He is a powerforward with no outside game and no back to the basket moves. Beasley is a upgrade offensively and can play 4. Moving Hill , Nash and Wesley Johnson to Phoenix for Bledsoe will work if they (Hill and Johnson) agree to the deal. Now or in January 2015 this deal needs to happen because defense at the point leads to championships.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#28 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:53 am

I'm good with signing Beasley, his problem is how serious he is about playing the game now. He's at a brake point in his career, it's either get it together are find yourself out the league. He needs some vets that will actually get in his ass and tell him where he's at. We have a few with Kobe and Boozer who could help there with that. People think that just because he was with Wade and LeBron that it would straighten him out, but the problem with that is neither one of those guys are "in you face" type of vets.

We got some people here who could holler at him.....Magic, Byron, Kobe, Big Game and maybe Cap. Mike needs to know what the real is for him. His problem is not his talent, it's his head.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#29 » by semi-sentient » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:44 am

Beasley can probably put up decent numbers on a garbage team. I'd sign him just for the possibility of him performing half way decent so that we might use him as part of a trade package.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#30 » by MAMBAEMD » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:16 am

semi-sentient wrote:Beasley can probably put up decent numbers on a garbage team. I'd sign him just for the possibility of him performing half way decent so that we might use him as part of a trade package.

I'm not sure why a team would want him as a part of a trade package seeing that no one is really jumping to sign him now that he is readily available.
Formerly lakerRD
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 644

Post#31 » by Desiderium » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 am

goldrodd wrote:
dockingsched wrote:So Beasley replaces the lakers starting center and a Nash package brings back Bledsoe...

Jordan Hill is not a center. He is a powerforward with no outside game and no back to the basket moves. Beasley is a upgrade offensively and can play 4. Moving Hill , Nash and Wesley Johnson to Phoenix for Bledsoe will work if they (Hill and Johnson) agree to the deal. Now or in January 2015 this deal needs to happen because defense at the point leads to championships.

You realize that every post you've made has you lusting over Bledsoe? People are too nice to you on this forum. :crazy:
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#32 » by MAMBAEMD » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 am

Tiesto_Lakers wrote:I'll take Beasley over Wes...but signing Beasley likely means Henry drops out of the rotation with Young playing mostly SG.

I'd rather have Wes or X over Beasley anytime frankly. Beasely has a lot more talent and ability.
But those two have a lot more heart and passion.
If we do sign Beasely (I wouldn't), I hope that Wes and X's minutes don't suffer as a result.
Formerly lakerRD
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#33 » by RJM » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:18 am

Beasley is instant offense, personified. His main issue is defensive discipline. In the right environment, he can be an absolute scoring machine for a team. His offensive game is as polished as anyone.
Frantik
Sixth Man
And1: 37

Post#34 » by Frantik » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:34 am

Desiderium wrote::crazy:

So many respectable posters on this board. I mean hardcore dudes that demanded substantive posts or else.
Why now do you entertain ridiculousness? Why do you give buffoonery the time of day?
:nonono:
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#35 » by Fresh360Waves » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:53 am

One Love wrote:Boozer & Randle will eat up the PF minutes... Beasley would have to play SF which will destroy our spacing... Not a fan of the move...

Despite being 6'10, SF is the better position for him anyways.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#36 » by Fresh360Waves » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:55 am

Tiesto_Lakers wrote:I'll take Beasley over Wes...but signing Beasley likely means Henry drops out of the rotation with Young playing mostly SG.

Maybe X could get some burn at PG? It seemed to work pretty good last season. Make Clarkson compete.
Kangaroohop
Junior
And1: 50

Post#37 » by Kangaroohop » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:49 am

His career has panned out extremely well at his last previous clubs..

Surely the people at the top can find better talent I'm aware how much talent this guy has though you have to sit back and seriously think if this will be worth it..

I'd much rather give an undrafted player or D-league player a shot.

Heck I'd take Ebanks over this fool

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:58 pm

goldrodd wrote:

trade checker links please

and don't forget to tell us how we are going to replace a center after this magical trade of yours. with trade checker links too.
Forum permissions