ImageImageImageImageImage

Rondo Wants Out

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Who-rod
Starter
And1: 254

Re: Rondo Wants Out 

Post#41 » by Who-rod » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:20 pm

If all it would take to get Rondo is an expiring Lin and Houston's pick, he'd probably be a Rocket already. I think if the Lakers call, Ainge would ask for Randle, Nash, a 1st. Eventually, I think he'd settle for just Randle and Nash, but I don't see any scenario where the deal can happen without Randle in it.

I am in no way saying that I think the Lakers should do that deal, I just think those are the likely parameters of what the Celtics would want at this point.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#42 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:17 pm

It wouldn't happen without Randle in it, and there's no way the Lakers would trade Randle for Rondo either so it's all a moot point. The celts should have traded Rondo a couple of years ago when they could have gotten as much value out of him as possible, but oh well.
King Randle
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#43 » by King Randle » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:16 am

Optms wrote:He's still likely to be dealt unless their front office heads are okay with him potentially walking for nothing.

King Randle wrote:I like Rondo mostly because I am a UK fan. I honestly would rather have Lin at the point for this squad. Rondo needs an elite team with good shooters around him to be successful.

Its funny you say that since Lin was a back point guard last year on a successful team.

If you knew the history of Lin and Houston you would change your tune. Lin basically was given ZERO chance to succeed in Houston for pretty much showing up Houston letting him go when Linsanity happened... I think you will be pleasantly surprised of his performance this year.

Anyways I like Rondo but it is scary to think making a deal not knowing if he will fully recover.
Randle: "L.A. is the perfect spot for me, I get to go play in a great city, a great franchise that expects nothing but championships, great market, great organization"
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#44 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:58 am

Hes defedner and passer but too many health issues.
willywazza
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Post#45 » by willywazza » Thu Sep 4, 2014 7:01 am

But can he shoot?
tttttada
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#46 » by tttttada » Thu Sep 4, 2014 2:49 pm

I think we are good with Jeremy running the point. He's a good defender, gets in the paint at will. and his improved shooting will provide good spacing for this team.

What we really need is a SF. A solid defender on the wing. And of course a better bench.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#47 » by DoctaJ » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:58 pm

Aside from that fact that I'm not much of a fan of Rondo, I just don't see the Celtics accepting anything we would be willing to offer.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers