ImageImageImageImageImage

Xavier Henry not fully recovered from injury

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Xavier Henry not fully recovered from injury 

Post#1 » by Sofa King » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:26 pm

In a wide-ranging interview with this newspaper, Lakers coach Byron Scott said forward Xavier Henry “might be limited in training camp” because of a surgically repaired left wrist and right knee that have not fully healed.

“I haven’t seen him do much on the court,” Scott said. “It’s going to be close on if he’s ready for camp.”

The Lakers confirmed Henry has not fully recovered from his injuries, but they did not provide immediate details on his progress. Still, the Lakers expect that Henry will be healthy for the start of the 2013-14 season after missing 39 games last season because of the aforementioned overlapping left wrist and right knee injuries. Henry had surgery to treat both injuries in mid-April shortly before the Lakers’ 2013-14 season ended.

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2014/ ... -injuries/

:-?
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Re: Xavier Henry not fully recovered from injury 

Post#2 » by Mirjalovic » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Time for Beasley i guess ?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#3 » by tugs » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Either Clarkson will back up Kobe or Young seeing heavy minutes backing up the 2 and 3 spots. Unless they are really serious in playing Boozer at SF. I think a 4th stringer at PG is more necessary than a back up 3.

But I would really prefer both.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Post#4 » by Slava » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:51 pm

That blows. I thought 6 months should be enough time to recover for him.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,750

Post#5 » by ROballer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Boozer at SF is a out of this world scenario for sure

Between Johnson /Kobe/Young with Clarkson playing SG as well we should be solid on the wings....not a fan of log jams anyway,like we have in the frontcourt

More mins for Johnson please,would not mind it :D :D :D
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
sonic the laker
Junior
And1: 208

Post#6 » by sonic the laker » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Like other posters have stated, I'm dismayed to hear that X is still not fully recovered. It makes me a bit worried into how serious his injuries were. But, I'm glad that the Lakers are erring on the side of caution, in how they approach X playing. It's better to wait until you KNOW he's good to go, and not risk his long term health by pushing him too early.

That being said, with Kobe, Wes, and Nick, we should be good at the wing positions. Clarkson could also see some minutes at the 2 spot, as a combo guard. But, that being said, to make sure that we don't wear guys out, and still have production, this makes me wonder if maybe Beasley should be looked at more seriously.

I guess it all revolves around how good/bad a state X's injury recovery is. And, since I have no clue as to the details, all I...we...can do is speculate, and trust the FO to make the right decisions.

ZOOM!
ZOOM!!!!!!!!!
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#7 » by Marionettetc » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 pm

Well, at least he will be ready for the 2013-2014 season. (Sup article)
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:01 pm

If Nash is somewhat healthy or if Clarkson is somewhat ready, I'd imagine Lin can play with either and cover the two spot before Henry is back.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#9 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:34 pm

You guys have to remember the type of injuries he sustained. Plus it wasn't like he did he surgery on both quickly, he waited and that threw back the recovery times. It's a break for Clarkson as far as I'm concerned. X will be ok, we all know he can play and help this team.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#10 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:34 am

Not worried about X. At least we finally have a coach that will know how to manage minutes so X's durability should be good to go if everything falls into line.
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#11 » by ArC_man » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Well, we do have 2 roster spots still open. I think we can give Beasley a shot and still have a spot for a potential PG (maybe Sessions... but I don't think he will sign for the minimum)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers