Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: Alonzo Gee 

Post#21 » by crazyeights » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:35 am

kblo247 wrote:
Shannon is a more useful add with Nash's health, X history, and Clarkson being a rookie who slumped in college when he got in his own head.

MIAMI -- Shannon Brown signed Wednesday with the Miami Heat, the ninth team the veteran point guard has been part of in his career.

Brown appeared in 29 games last season with New York and San Antonio. He has appeared in 403 games for seven different clubs, and was briefly with Washington last season though never appeared in a game.

Brown played for the Los Angeles Lakers when they won NBA titles in 2009 and 2010. He has averaged 7.7 points on 42 percent shooting in his career. He made 33 percent of his attempts from 3-point range.

Brown was drafted by Cleveland in 2006. He also played with Chicago, Charlotte and Phoenix.

Miami now has 16 players under contract, with the start of training camp a month away.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11421233/shannon-brown-signs-miami-heat?ex_cid=espnapi_public
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#22 » by Mirjalovic » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:48 am

Shannon is bad. I dont want him.

Gee, well he's athletic swingman, can play 2/3. should be handy if Wes/X/Kobe hurt
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

ratra_1211
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#23 » by ratra_1211 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:58 am

kblo247 wrote:
ratra_1211 wrote:he suck donkey balls so hard in 2k13-14, so no

i'd rather get earl clark back.. great size and mobility, decent to good defender, can hit long range (when he was with the lakers), and most importantly he hustle and play hard

Metta aitn working back in that door to protect Clark. He got to play stretch 4 on O and then not have to defend the spot on D because !etta took Zach, Boozer, and the like. And to top it off, Earl still got gassed, banged up, and went into a summer being lazy.

Screw bringing Earl back, and screw Gee as well. Scott played the bum, but they were some terrible teams; brown basically cut the guy off and I proved on the Cavs record. Hell brown benched them both and wasn't proven wrong for not wasting his time on them. We already have a SF who can't put two plays back to back or keep his head checked in on both ends with no true perimeter skill in Wes

Shannon is a more useful add with Nash's health, X history, and Clarkson being a rookie who slumped in college when he got in his own head.

just saying i'd rather have earl clark than gee. i love watching players who got great size and still mobile. earl clark was like what, 6'8-6'10? he got the size to guard 3-4. but i also know we got a similar player with good size in wes, who can guard 2-3 (and 4 in small ball), and both are streaky shooters who are not consistent on the defensive. but like i said, just saying that i'd choose clark rather than gee, not that earl clark is a great player or anything.

hell, i would be estatic if we could just land some more decent players before the season started. all i want to see is the season to get started and can finally see some real basketball. im tired of watching wnba on nba tv :banghead:
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#24 » by BEazy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:31 am

Well we can forget out Gee we got Wayne Ellington..

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
And1: 295

Post#25 » by what would jack bauer do? » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:48 am

It says ellington's deal is only partially guaranteed, so we may see both of them auditioning. I hope gee wins the spot. We need defensive players.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#26 » by kblo247 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:45 am

what would jack bauer do? wrote:It says ellington's deal is only partially guaranteed, so we may see both of them auditioning. I hope gee wins the spot. We need defensive players.

Gee doesn't play. D, it's why brown benched his ass, and why Scott's Cleveland teams were the worst in the league for multiple years. He's not even good on O

Return to Los Angeles Lakers