Nash nerve issues have improved

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Nash nerve issues have improved 

Post#21 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Slava wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:IMO it's good to have Lin learn from a healthy Nash, in the mean time getting better and stronger by observations and self-improvement, and hopefully learns to be less injury prone. Pass it down!

Abolsutely. Steve Blake added a ton to his game after a season or two with Nash, like probing dribbles into passing lanes, pull up jumpers from mid range etc. If Lin can grasp some of his skill, that'd be sweet.

Sounds great! It's even better that Lin has already been imitating and trying some of those moves. He was still too turnover prone when dribbling into the paint and unfortunately hindered by stupid Moreyball that forbids midrange jumpers; but now he just needs to improve on them!
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#22 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:29 am

Easy to heal from something when no contact to the injured area is involved. Like many have said, once he's hit with the slightest contact expect a flare up. Sorry but I'm not building my hopes on Nash playing a role on this team. I'm more interested in seeing us develop Randle, Clarkson and seeing if Lin is something long term here.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#23 » by The Laker Kid » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:28 am

The nerve of that guy!
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,724

Post#24 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:30 pm

ak7 wrote:The right thing is honoring the contract they gave him and allowing him his chance to work back from his injury (which he apparently has) and becoming a contributing member to the team during the last year of his deal.

Well, it's the only thing they can actually do.

It would be a nice surprise and I'd be happy for him, but I just don't anticipate much contribution from him on the court.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#25 » by Kilroy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:16 pm

The Laker Kid wrote:The nerve of that guy!

I hate you.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#26 » by milesfides » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:07 am

The right thing? The right thing is to do what's best for the team. The Lakers don't owe Nash a thing. The Lakers didn't pressure Nash to sit out the critical game that would have allowed his contract to be picked up by insurance. Especially for a player who admitted that he was playing for the money.

The Lakers can perfectly honor his contract by paying him. They don't need to play him.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#27 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:38 am

If we do end up playing Nash, He should be used sparingly and be used as spot up shooter and play in those final minutes of the game where the game is on the line, but the minutes at PG should mostly go to Lin/Clarkson and who ever else, nash shouldn't be playing any more then 15 min a game and shouldn't start unless it's against the suns just to make it fun
Bring back Defense
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#28 » by crazyeights » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:36 am

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2014/09/25/jeremy-lin-gushes-about-health-of-kobe-bryant-steve-nash/

“They both look really good and really healthy,” Lakers guard Jeremy Lin said Thursday at the Foot Locker in Westfield Mall at Culver City, both to promote his Adidas shoes and sign autographs for fans. That’s the biggest thing for us. Health is going to be a huge factor for us this upcoming season. They were moving well and looked much better than they did last year.”

[...]

But Lin remains in awe of seeing how the 36-year-old Bryant and 40-year-old Nash have trained their overburdened bodies to put them in a position to add to their undisputed Hall of Fame credentials.

“Just to see them out there and playing in pickup is just refreshing,” Lin said. “It’s been eye opening to see how Steve and Kobe are almost like robots in what they do. They know what they came here to do. They get it done, and then they leave. It’s very detail oriented and very robotic and they don’t mess around.”

I'm not passing any judgments until I at least see these guys play in SL and hear the word out of training camp. If Nash gets bumped and is in the hospital after the 3rd pre-season game? Then I trust the Lakers training staff to advise Mitch and Jim as to whether he can be relied upon even in a very minimal capacity.

Other than that, I'm going to enjoy news when it's good, and not feel the need to start creating some sort of false-dichotomy. A healthy Nash would be great to witness from a Bball perspective. Lin is going to get plenty of time. So will Clarkson, if he earns it.

My trust is in the brass and coaching staff to make the right calls and until I see something with my own eyes that tells me otherwise, they'll maintain it.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#29 » by EArl » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:02 am

For Nash's sake I hope he is well. If he can function at full capacity for 15-20 minutes a game, Lin can easily take care of the rest. I also like clarkson. I hope he gets some minutes here and there.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
frozt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,282

Post#30 » by frozt » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:53 am

I mean Nash gets so much heat from the L.A. fan base and it sucks that we're paying him that much money with his condition, but there's absolutely one thing I can't question and that's Nash's competitive spirit, if he's unable to play I know 100% that he gave it his all to get back to in form and that he isn't taking the easy road out, the guy is consummate pro competitor, and everything that's happened to him is literally not his fault.
Resident band wagon vigilante.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,724

Post#31 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:21 pm

I think the reason he looks so good, is that he was literally replaced by a robot. Look at Lin's quote again and read between the lines...
lakersin4
Starter
And1: 788

Post#32 » by lakersin4 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Healthy or not it's going to be a huge mistake if he gets the starting spot/more minutes than Lin.. Defense matters.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#33 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:32 pm

I wouldn't be so worried, if all three are healthy, they can take all the minutes they can in the 1, 2, 3 spots.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#34 » by Jajwanda » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:06 am

The good thing is that at least Wesley Johnson can be asked to guard 1s, with Kobe guarding 3s this year if Nash plays. Eventually I see Clarkson in that starting spot with Lin leading a really strong bench.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#35 » by Slava » Tue Oct 7, 2014 1:14 am

:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers