ImageImageImageImageImage

Jeremy Lin won't call Nick Young "Swaggy P"

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

red32
Sixth Man
And1: 303

Re: Jeremy Lin won't call Nick Young "Swaggy P" 

Post#21 » by red32 » Mon Oct 6, 2014 3:30 am

Mamba Venom wrote:I use nicknames w/ my friends. I like them. Chemistry builder.

In this case, Nick Young would be the nickname, since everyone else calls him Swappy P. :lol:
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#22 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon Oct 6, 2014 6:33 am

Who cares what he calls him?
I don't care. As long as he finds him in the wing for open shots.
Magic's teammates never called him Magic. They called him Ervin. It didn't seem to be a problem.
Formerly lakerRD
indilakeshow
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#23 » by indilakeshow » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:07 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Either way as I said before....both need to shut the hell up and concentrate on ball and improving this teams record this season. Since people want to boast about how stupid it is to take this so serious...well it wouldn't even be a topic to discuss if Lin simply didn't fall for the reporters bait.

All he had to say is, " I'm not touching that one", but no he answers it as if it empowers him to say who deserves to be called a nick name or not. In all seriousness who the F--k cares if Nick has friends who calls him that.

Like I always say players need to learn Media 101 and how to deal with reporters,some stuff you just don't have to open your damn mouth for especially when you know the BS is going to be posted somewhere.

lol man... watch the video. You seem to be giving it more play too btw...
GreenWithEnvy wrote:
Lakers have absolutely nothing besides Kobe and Lamar to get Andre Miller...give it up Laker fans.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#24 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Oct 6, 2014 6:21 pm

indilakeshow wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Either way as I said before....both need to shut the hell up and concentrate on ball and improving this teams record this season. Since people want to boast about how stupid it is to take this so serious...well it wouldn't even be a topic to discuss if Lin simply didn't fall for the reporters bait.

All he had to say is, " I'm not touching that one", but no he answers it as if it empowers him to say who deserves to be called a nick name or not. In all seriousness who the F--k cares if Nick has friends who calls him that.

Like I always say players need to learn Media 101 and how to deal with reporters,some stuff you just don't have to open your damn mouth for especially when you know the BS is going to be posted somewhere.

I did watch the video....that exactly why I said what you put in bold! It wouldn't even be a issue if Lin hadn't even answered the stupid question.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#25 » by Mamba Venom » Tue Oct 7, 2014 6:19 am

red32 wrote:
Mamba Venom wrote:I use nicknames w/ my friends. I like them. Chemistry builder.

In this case, Nick Young would be the nickname, since everyone else calls him Swappy P. :lol:

People that follow basketball casually (nobody on RealGM obviously) Who is Nick Young? Ohh you are talking bout Mr. I-G-G-Y Swaggy P. I got you.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#26 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Oct 7, 2014 7:13 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
indilakeshow wrote:

I did watch the video....that exactly why I said what you put in bold! It wouldn't even be a issue if Lin hadn't even answered the stupid question.

A thread on RealGM doesn't make it an 'issue'...
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#27 » by Jakay » Tue Oct 7, 2014 8:24 pm

Nicknames these days usually suck. I like "Swaggy", and it's weirdly fitting his real name is Nick. So in a way, Swaggy is a legit Nick name.

Anyhow, Lin seems like a goody two-shoes, but I don't care either way.
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#28 » by improvisor » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:21 am

The word Swag has played out for years. He needs a new nickname.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Los Angeles Lakers