ImageImageImageImageImage

Preseason Game 2. LA Lakers vs GS Warriors 10/09 7:30PM P/T

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Tim Horton
Analyst
And1: 1,233

Re: Preseason Game 2. LA Lakers vs GS Warriors 10/09 7:30PM  

Post#101 » by Tim Horton » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:09 pm

funny how Scott had virtually the 3rd team playing vs GSW's starting 5 in the 2nd. got them in the groove that was hard to overcome. i know, it's preseason.

I think Nash will never see a back to back game in the regular season.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#102 » by Slava » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:18 pm

Choker wrote:Ed Davis looks like your best big man out there. This level of play isn't a flash in the pan, he was consistently performing like this as a starter for the Raptors when he wasn't shunned for Andrea Bargnani. In fact his defense looks like it has gotten even better. He and Calderon were fantastic playing the pick and roll. I think Lin and Davis need to start asap.

Yup, looks like he's going to beat out Hill for the starting spot at center. Works for me, I much like the rabid energy levels Randle and Hill can bring with the second unit which is going to play helter-skelter anyways.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ratra_1211
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#103 » by ratra_1211 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:40 pm

man im excited to see randle and clarkson grow as a player and contribute to this team :)

clarkson's effort is relentless
and randle, man i cant get tired of saying this but, he looked sooo damn quickkkk
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#104 » by ROballer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Hold on a **** minute now?Somebody (like B.Scott) actually said Davis was gonna start or we're exagerrating as usual,based on 2 meaningless preaseason games?

Hill is still the better player and should start....that's not a knock on Davis ,who is pretty good himself and should see 20 mins a game even when Hill is healthy and playing,not even mentioning the games Hill will probably miss
Sacre should warm the bench ,I'm not a fan of playing 3 centers in an ideal game(no injuries,no foul trouble)

Hill 28 mins/Davis 20 mins...fair..

But let's not get too far out of ourselvez and make predictions,until the coach actually hints something
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#105 » by Michael Lucky » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Yeah Hill is a better player overall.

Also found it funny how Randle was a +11 last night. Only one other player was a positive (+4) and everyone else was in the negatives. lol 7 FTAs in only 18 minutes is a good sign as well. As for the fouling situation, you expect that out of rookies and it will clean itself up eventually.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#106 » by BEazy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:13 pm

You best believe we are starting the 9 mil player (Hill) instead of the 1 mil player (Davis). I would be so confused as to why Hill got paid that much to ride the bench.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#107 » by crazyeights » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Hill got overpaid because it kept him here AND next season is nonguaranteed. He's essentially a good sized trade chip if need be.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#108 » by EArl » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Jordan Clarkson out for a week. Moderate left calf strain
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#109 » by kblo247 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:14 pm

ROballer wrote:Hold on a **** minute now?Somebody (like B.Scott) actually said Davis was gonna start or we're exagerrating as usual,based on 2 meaningless preaseason games?

Hill is still the better player and should start....that's not a knock on Davis ,who is pretty good himself and should see 20 mins a game even when Hill is healthy and playing,not even mentioning the games Hill will probably miss
Sacre should warm the bench ,I'm not a fan of playing 3 centers in an ideal game(no injuries,no foul trouble)

Hill 28 mins/Davis 20 mins...fair..

But let's not get too far out of ourselvez and make predictions,until the coach actually hints something

The only big n this roster who should see 28 minutes is boozer. The others aren't made for it yet. You don't rush Randle into it, Hill surely can't handle it, and Davis is going to work for it. Boozer needs to lead them in minutes; likewise they need to be shuffled up and all learn to play together. Randle needs to play with Boozer and Hill. Hill needs to play with Randle and Davis. Boozer needs to play with Randle and Davis. Them all becoming interchangeable based on needs will be huge ... Same principle applies to Lin playing with Swaggy, Kobe, and Nash all in different combos
kblo247
RealGM

Post#110 » by kblo247 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:18 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Lin has played pretty clean, but overall just dull to me. Wish he would kick it into another gear as a PG. Seems to be a confidence thing.

Thing is if he plays with that starting 5 there isn't enough athleticism around him to utilize his strength which is getting out and running and pushing the ball. He needs to have horses around him that like to get out and run and those guys are coming off your bench.

Thing is when he played with the starters he picked up his dribble too much. Horses or no horses, its dump to do that when the starters offer the ability to score as well especially when Kobe and Boozer can hit shots for days. He needs to learn to be a hockey man or assertive scorer with them over a hot potato guy who gets stuck under the goal because he picked up his dribble. There were a lot of times he stopped a wheel route and got stuck, then they tried to force it to Booz or Kobe with same bad passes
kblo247
RealGM

Post#111 » by kblo247 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Tee212 wrote:man trade kwame with davis we would of beaten suns in the first round.

We would have beat them with Chris damn Mihm catching those passes
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,452

Post#112 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:45 pm

kblo247 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Lin has played pretty clean, but overall just dull to me. Wish he would kick it into another gear as a PG. Seems to be a confidence thing.

Thing is if he plays with that starting 5 there isn't enough athleticism around him to utilize his strength which is getting out and running and pushing the ball. He needs to have horses around him that like to get out and run and those guys are coming off your bench.

Thing is when he played with the starters he picked up his dribble too much. Horses or no horses, its dump to do that when the starters offer the ability to score as well especially when Kobe and Boozer can hit shots for days. He needs to learn to be a hockey man or assertive scorer with them over a hot potato guy who gets stuck under the goal because he picked up his dribble. There were a lot of times he stopped a wheel route and got stuck, then they tried to force it to Booz or Kobe with same bad passes

Come on though... who on that starting 5 besides Wes can get out and run? He's better suited playing with the bench. That starting 5 is a walk it up starting 5 and that's not what the kid is good at unless it's steady doses of high PnR's which in the time watched they only ran once. And you have to be able to run in todays NBA or your cooked. Teams that don't run.. don't win, period.
MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#113 » by MKL » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:21 am

kblo247 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

So high on Boozer... little head scratching for me.

Yes, Lin sometimes can get stuck driving into double teams, but he did manage to pass it off just fine. It's not pretty but it's a bailout pass, that's something in the offensive scheme.

I saw Kobe make the exact same dump passes to Boozer and Hill and are they considered "bad passes"? I mean just to be fair... I personally have no problem with any player being aggressive to the basket as long as it's not turnover and are able to be reset and take another action. Boozer and Kobe hitting midrange should always be done near the end of the shot clock after you've tried a more efficient shot.

It's just strange reading about pet peeves and nitpicking.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#114 » by kblo247 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:33 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Come on though... who on that starting 5 besides Wes can get out and run? He's better suited playing with the bench. That starting 5 is a walk it up starting 5 and that's not what the kid is good at unless it's steady doses of high PnR's which in the time watched they only ran once. And you have to be able to run in todays NBA or your cooked. Teams that don't run.. don't win, period.

A true floor general can dictate tempo. Magic dictated Showtime. Kobe dictated the pace of the triangle. Lin to make the step to full in starting pg in this league, and not just a guy who watches guys like harden or surprises someone with linsanity needs to impose a pace. A pace could be imposed slow or fast, if he can't impose without horses that is a negative because there are going to be some teams he can't gun against and will need to make a low possession game. That's the next natural progression of a truly great initiatior, look at Parker for example, he spent most his career suppressing his own natural speed and pace to dictate a slow style the spurs won under for many years.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#115 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:37 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
This Laker team is gonna play control paced basketball period. Your last quote is just utterly false, name one NBA champion in the last twenty years that was an all out running team ? You ain't gonna find one and that's fact.

Championships are won with teams that can adapt to both uptempo and playing controlled paced ball. You have to pick your spots.

It's more like teams that run may win or may not win a lot a games, but come playoffs those teams are cooked as you say.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#116 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:55 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
This Laker team is gonna play control paced basketball period. Your last quote is just utterly false, name one NBA champion in the last twenty years that was an all out running team ? You ain't gonna find one and that's fact.

Championships are won with teams that can adapt to both uptempo and playing controlled paced ball. You have to pick your spots.

It's more like teams that run may win or may not win a lot a games, but come playoffs those teams are cooked as you say.

Wait where did I say a team had to be an all out running team? I said teams today need to be able to run. That 5 that Scott is going to trot out there ain't good enough defensively to be successful playing a "controlled paced basketball".
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#117 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:57 am

kblo247 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Thing is when he played with the starters he picked up his dribble too much. Horses or no horses, its dump to do that when the starters offer the ability to score as well especially when Kobe and Boozer can hit shots for days. He needs to learn to be a hockey man or assertive scorer with them over a hot potato guy who gets stuck under the goal because he picked up his dribble. There were a lot of times he stopped a wheel route and got stuck, then they tried to force it to Booz or Kobe with same bad passes

A true floor general can dictate tempo. Magic dictated Showtime. Kobe dictated the pace of the triangle. Lin to make the step to full in starting pg in this league, and not just a guy who watches guys like harden or surprises someone with linsanity needs to impose a pace. A pace could be imposed slow or fast, if he can't impose without horses that is a negative because there are going to be some teams he can't gun against and will need to make a low possession game. That's the next natural progression of a truly great initiatior, look at Parker for example, he spent most his career suppressing his own natural speed and pace to dictate a slow style the spurs won under for many years.

I stopped reading as soon as you brought up Magic Johnson.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#118 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:10 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Wait where did I say a team had to be an all out running team? I said teams today need to be able to run. That 5 that Scott is going to trot out there ain't good enough defensively to be successful playing a "controlled paced basketball".
Yeah you did say teams need to be able to run. Playing controlled pace ball is more than just defense man. It's a lot of intricate things that make it happen. Defensively they don't have to be a shut down group, no team in the NBA is.

Most teams have one cover guy, the Lakers are putting Wes Johnson in that role. It's a role I think he can excel in. I will admit Nash with that unit cripples the defense, he can't stay with his man so it would require help from the weak side too much.

As for the running aspect, this team reminds me of the 2007-08 team, the uptempo came from the second unit that was deadly and often extended leads or brought the team back from deficits.

But this team is more than capable of playing controlled pace ball, it starts with rebounding. And they can get out on the push if they can force TO's. It's a fine balance on how it works but it's not impossible for this team to play that style.

I would rather see Lin with the starters, but it would weaken the 2nd unit with Nash there.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#119 » by Mirjalovic » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:22 am

EArl wrote:Jordan Clarkson out for a week. Moderate left calf strain

i think NBA should let teams to have more than 15 players
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#120 » by MKL » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:37 am

You guys fighting with GS fans on general might like this...
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers