ImageImageImageImageImage

Preseason GM #7 LA Lakers vs PDX Blazers | 10/22 7 PM PT

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: Preseason GM #7 LA Lakers vs PDX Blazers | 10/22 7 PM PT 

Post#81 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Slava wrote:Not sure who you guys really have off the bench that might help when Lillard/Aldridge rest.
Yeah that's the same thing I was thinking Slava. The media was raving over them now having some depth, but perceived depth and reality depth is two different things. When I look at bench depth I don't look at how many players that are being played off the bench, but who can carry the load for a stretch.

This is why I see the Blazers just holding where they are, they may move up in the seeding's this year but not by much. I don't see who can score for them consistently. Kaman looks like he's eroding, Blake is gonna be hit and miss most nights like he was with us. In the end I see heavy minutes for their starters which will lead to fatigue again like it did coming down the stretch and in the playoffs.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#82 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:25 am

baki wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:But I hope in the future fatigue doesn't lead to TOs, he should just do less and be more concentrated and efficient.

I disagree that he should do less, he's not as effective being a role player than being a key player. The Lakers don't have the luxury of having many experienced players and PGs to spread minutes around and give Lin plenty of rest time, they'll be even more reliant on Lin to be aggressive and to lead the team in a way that he's known for, attacking the rim and inspiring his team ...college-style.

I meant he should do less when fatigued, that's quite reasonable IMO, no?

The Prodigy wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:Lin should be starting especially if Nash isn't even going to play.

Agreed. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see Byron start Ronnie Price instead. Coaches have a knack for making simple things complicated sometimes.

Lin not starting would put too much responsibilities on Kobe's shoulders IMO.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#83 » by kblo247 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:23 am

Lin damn near has to be the bench guy with henry and young out. You need a ball handler and decision maker, as well as bench scoring
dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#84 » by dipstick » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:11 am

kblo247 wrote:Lin damn near has to be the bench guy with henry and young out. You need a ball handler and decision maker, as well as bench scoring

I think most of us would want Lin to be the starter over Price. Its almost common sense. However, we need a spark off the bench, and without Young, there is not enough experience on the bench to do that. Of course it doesn't mean that Price should get more minutes. Lin should still get upwards of 30 minutes per game, including finishing the game, at least until Nick Young is ready to play. I think Lin said it himself in one of his interviews that it doesn't matter who starts, but who finishes the game.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers