8%

Total votes: 24

miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Re: Official 14-15 NCAA/Draft Discussion Thread [ft. TyCobb] 

Post#1201 » by miggs » Sat May 16, 2015 4:22 am

Trips71 wrote:

I'd love to find a way to get a second lottery pick or at least a teens pick :nonono:

I have seen rumors that CHA would potentially be willing to give their pick, #10, to help move Stephenson. Jordan Hill and the HOU pick for Stephenson and #10 might work.[/quote]

Dude don't be talking such things, I've written down that exact trade way too many times in my head :crazy: I've been thinking that maybe to drop Stephenson, CHA may be willing to trade their lottery pick in return for Hill and Hou's pick, at worst, the Hou pick and our 2nd Rd Pick. For a second lottery pick I'd do that trade 1000 times over.

then trade Lance Stephenson to the Pacers in a 3 team trade that also moves Hibbert, clearly Pacers want to move him and we don't want him I think
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#1202 » by Danny Darko » Sat May 16, 2015 5:31 pm

miggs wrote:
Trips71 wrote:

I'd love to find a way to get a second lottery pick or at least a teens pick :nonono:

I have seen rumors that CHA would potentially be willing to give their pick, #10, to help move Stephenson. Jordan Hill and the HOU pick for Stephenson and #10 might work.

Dude don't be talking such things, I've written down that exact trade way too many times in my head :crazy: I've been thinking that maybe to drop Stephenson, CHA may be willing to trade their lottery pick in return for Hill and Hou's pick, at worst, the Hou pick and our 2nd Rd Pick. For a second lottery pick I'd do that trade 1000 times over.

then trade Lance Stephenson to the Pacers in a 3 team trade that also moves Hibbert, clearly Pacers want to move him and we don't want him I think[/quote]

Swaggy, Hill, 27, and 2nd round? I wish
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#1203 » by Wavy Q » Sat May 16, 2015 10:56 pm

Ugh Lance Stephenson is so trash tho i feel like the Pacers are thanking the basketball gods that he took Charlottes contract last season
Gaucho96
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#1204 » by Gaucho96 » Sun May 17, 2015 4:14 am

Danny Darko wrote:
miggs wrote:
Trips71 wrote:

I have seen rumors that CHA would potentially be willing to give their pick, #10, to help move Stephenson. Jordan Hill and the HOU pick for Stephenson and #10 might work.

then trade Lance Stephenson to the Pacers in a 3 team trade that also moves Hibbert, clearly Pacers want to move him and we don't want him I think

Swaggy, Hill, 27, and 2nd round? I wish[/quote]

Whether or not you can flip Stephenson to the Pacer or not, that would be awesome for the Lakers. Another 1st round pick, and the potential that Lance gets his game together is too hard to pass up. Plus Stephenson's contract is a team option after next season, I think. More salary coming off when Kobe's does.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#1205 » by DEEP3CL » Sun May 17, 2015 10:08 pm

If getting the 10th pick means taking Stephenson...I'm good with that.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#1206 » by crazyeights » Sun May 17, 2015 10:31 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:If getting the 10th pick means taking Stephenson...I'm good with that.

That deal seems too good to be true. :lol:
5ertwenty
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#1207 » by 5ertwenty » Mon May 18, 2015 12:20 am

Lottery in two days!!!

Hope we jump into that top 3.

The three best players in the draft are Towns, Okafor and Russell. Future all-stars. The rest are uncertain. I'm skeptical of Mudiay, but trust Mitch & co. if they think he's the goods.
Jordan | Kobe | Kareem| Bird | Magic
miggs
Lead Assistant

Post#1208 » by miggs » Mon May 18, 2015 2:43 am

Wavy Q wrote:Ugh Lance Stephenson is so trash tho i feel like the Pacers are thanking the basketball gods that he took Charlottes contract last season

C'mon bro, none of us care for Stephenson, I just want him because I have a good feeling that's the most obtainable lottery pick we can obtain as either a 2nd or only lottery pick should we lose our top 5 protected pick.

Actually Larry Bird supposedly was interested in bringing Lance back to Indy but unfortunately Indy didn't have the assets to make it happen at the deadline. Not hard to figure out once you look at their roster.

I'm pretty damn sure Indy would take Lance back, they feel if they brought him back and somehow re-energize and re-focus Hibbert and you can bring back the Pacers to serious playoff contention. Also a PG with greater play-making abilities would really help them I think, most of their fans thought they could improve the PG position, no disrespect to George Hill.
miggs
Lead Assistant

Post#1209 » by miggs » Mon May 18, 2015 3:36 am

Depends on where Charlotte wants to go but it seemed clear they wanted to make the post season and may be focused on that same goal next season to get out of their seemingly endless rebuild. I think they do and because of that I think they'll do the following:

Re-sign Jefferson
Trade Lance
Acquire pieces to help reach the playoffs

Based on that I have two deals that may or may not work for all teams but here goes:

Using known trade block residents

LAL: Cha 1st Rd Lottery Pick, Cody Zeller (CHA), Gerald Henderson (CHA)
CHA: Hou 1st Rd Pick, Ty Lawson (DEN), Wilson Chandler (DEN)
IND: Lance Stephenson (CHA), Jordan Hill (LAL)
DEN: Roy Hibbert (IND), LAL 2nd Rd Pick

LAL-CHA-IND

LAL: Cha 1st Rd Lottery Pick, Cody Zeller (CHA), Gerald Henderson (CHA)
CHA: Hou 1st Rd Pick, David West (IND), CJ Miles (IND), Jordan Hill (LAL)
IND: Lance Stephenson (CHA), Marvin Williams (CHA), LAL 2nd Rd Pick

Some nutty trades

LAL: Cha 1st Rd Lottery Pick, Cody Zeller (CHA), Chris Kaman (POR)
CHA: Hou 1st Rd Pick, Aaron Afflalo (POR)
IND: Lance Stephenson (CHA), Jordan Hill (LAL)
POR: Roy Hibbert (IND), LAL 2nd Rd Pick
miggs
Lead Assistant

Post#1210 » by miggs » Mon May 18, 2015 3:41 am

With our pick I'd go for:

1. Towns
2. Russell
3. Okafor
4. Winslow
5. Mudiay

and with Cha's pick

1. Turner (assuming we miss out on Towns and Okafor)
2. Hezonja
3. Looney
4. Dekker
5. Cauley-Stein

I believe we'll miss out on Towns/Okafor but have a legit shot at D Russell, so with Cha's pick I'd choose Myles Turner.

With the 3-way trade I mentioned above between LAL-CHA-IND our squad would be...

Russell/
Clarkson/Brown
Bryant/Young/Henderson (CHA)
Randle/Boozer/Black/Kelly/Zeller (CHA) <-------- MAJOR LOG JAM FOR SURE, BUT AT LEAST WE GOT ASSETS IN THE LAST 2
Turner/Sacre/Black

We still haven't addressed bringing back Ed Davis nor spending our cap on pursuing a major free agent per our supposed plan for 2015 offseason

Still room to pursue both Durant in 2016 and Westbrook in 2017
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,674

Post#1211 » by dockingsched » Mon May 18, 2015 5:05 am

crazyeights wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:If getting the 10th pick means taking Stephenson...I'm good with that.

That deal seems too good to be true. :lol:

Makes absolutely no sense for CHA, where'd that even come from?
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#1212 » by NBAWestFan » Mon May 18, 2015 7:20 pm

# 1 pick take Towns
#2 pick take Okafor
#3 take Winslow
#4 possible trade
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#1213 » by ALL HAIL » Mon May 18, 2015 11:58 pm

I've said this a thousand times, but I'll say it again:

As good as the draftexpress and YouTube videos are, if you haven't seen guys play in full game action, you are stabbing in the dark and posting out of ignorance.

That said, I've never seen the two highly ranked Europeans at all. For all I know they could be the two best guys in the draft, but I won't begin to make any determination on them based on draft videos. I believe in watching guys play in context. I hope that anyone in favor of drafting one of the Euros in the top five has at least watched a full game of theirs on YouTube, something I haven't bother to do myself -- same with Mudiay.
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#1214 » by Gus McCrae » Tue May 19, 2015 3:05 am

So if we get the third im assuming we're taking Russell. Can him and clarkson start together?
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#1215 » by ALL HAIL » Tue May 19, 2015 4:09 am

Gus McCrae wrote:So if we get the third im assuming we're taking Russell. Can him and clarkson start together?

Most people on here would answer that question with a resounding "yes", but I say no.

Both Clarkson and Russell both like and need the ball in their hands, and although Russell does possess really good catch and shoot ability, I don't they compliment each other well at all offensively or defensively. Those in favor of this marriage, I think, are just practicing wishful thinking.

Russell needs a backcourt mate who is an excellent defender who can guard both backcourt positions and shoot a little off the ball (think Shumpert or Beverly).

Clarkson has the look of a third guard to me. He screams Vinnie Johnson (w/o the jump shot). His ideal mate, however, would be a very unselfish, cerebral, long-armed defensive guy with a really wet jumper (think Kirk Hinrich back in the day, Eric Snow, Brian Shaw, David Wingate/Nate McMillan with a jump shot).
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,004

Post#1216 » by Gus McCrae » Tue May 19, 2015 5:01 am

ALL HAIL wrote:
Gus McCrae wrote:So if we get the third im assuming we're taking Russell. Can him and clarkson start together?

Most people on here would answer that question with a resounding "yes", but I say no.

Both Clarkson and Russell both like and need the ball in their hands, and although Russell does possess really good catch and shoot ability, I don't they compliment each other well at all offensively or defensively. Those in favor of this marriage, I think, are just practicing wishful thinking.

Russell needs a backcourt mate who is an excellent defender who can guard both backcourt positions and shoot a little off the ball (think Shumpert or Beverly).

Clarkson has the look of a third guard to me. He screams Vinnie Johnson (w/o the jump shot). His ideal mate, however, would be a very unselfish, cerebral, long-armed defensive guy with a really wet jumper (think Kirk Hinrich back in the day, Eric Snow, Brian Shaw, David Wingate/Nate McMillan with a jump shot).

Yeah the emergence of clarkson really puts us in an interesting spot with 3 and 4 being projected as pg picks. If we get 3 and consider Russell BPA I wonder if we just take him and have our 2 prospects play the same position or if we trade down or go for hezonja (sp) who everyone seems to like. Maybe we get 3 and someone like philly takes Russell ahead of okafor...that woukd make our life easier
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#1217 » by Slava » Tue May 19, 2015 9:19 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TWCSportsNet/status/600768159767900160[/tweet]

Porzingis climbed up the boards rather quickly. Apparently a smooth shooter with solid athleticism and help defense.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#1218 » by TyCobb » Wed May 20, 2015 2:37 am

I think #2 Jahlil Okafor, #27 Delon Wright, and #34 Rakeem Christmas is a very strong possibility.

That would make my day. Wright is the perfect, inexpensive, backcourt-mate for Clarkson. Excels at running a modern offense, passing, and defense at the #1. Christmas' excellent wingspan, and age (24), will help as an immediate impact player off the bench. He may not have a great upside, but he doesn't need alot of developing.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#1219 » by Slava » Wed May 20, 2015 2:41 am

Reading Kupchak saying that he doesn't foresee adding 3 rookies, I think they'll trade #27 & #34 for a player. Clarkson, Black, Randle, Brown and another rookie is already too many young guys.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#1220 » by TyCobb » Wed May 20, 2015 2:45 am

It's possible. I think the Blazers at #23 would likely want to add some picks in case they lose Aldridge, Lopez, and Matthews.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers