ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Lottery Talk - Tank Complete...And Now We Wait

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Re: Official Lottery Talk - Tank Complete...And Now We Wait 

Post#661 » by Penberthy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:25 pm

Slava wrote:For some positive vibes, think about it this way, we have the best chance of leapfrogging the current top 3. So we have to be unlucky enough for 2 teams with lower probabilities to jump us in 3 draws of the ball to lose that pick.

Or flip a coin 10 times. More than 8 times you win the toss.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#662 » by LApwnd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:54 pm

IF we are so lucky as to even stay at 4 and kat, okafor, and Russell are gone....how do you guys feel bout trading back if there's a team in top 7 that wants to move up badly? Here's a few suggestions of mine (my target is Hezjona)
4th/Young to Den for Chandler/7th/2nd pick (we get a starting 3, draft Mario to be the backup Wing give him time to develop)
4th/Young to Sac for 6th, future 1st, Sac 2nd (maybe to much from sac but they are moving up to a top 4 talent in a 4 talent draft)

these are the only 2 I could think of that would still put us in position to draft Mario and rid us of Young, i'm not a Young hater I just want more cap space to play with this off-season. Trading to lower pick also helps in that department.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#663 » by crazyeights » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:43 pm

In Ford's latest mock he has us picking Russell 4th (Mudiay being supposed a Hinkie fav) and Dakari Johnson 27th.

Obviously as has been pointed out the draft order will surely change and we'll not likely have the 4th pick.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#664 » by Kilroy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:05 pm

LApwnd wrote:IF we are so lucky as to even stay at 4 and kat, okafor, and Russell are gone....how do you guys feel bout trading back if there's a team in top 7 that wants to move up badly? Here's a few suggestions of mine (my target is Hezjona)
4th/Young to Den for Chandler/7th/2nd pick (we get a starting 3, draft Mario to be the backup Wing give him time to develop)
4th/Young to Sac for 6th, future 1st, Sac 2nd (maybe to much from sac but they are moving up to a top 4 talent in a 4 talent draft)

these are the only 2 I could think of that would still put us in position to draft Mario and rid us of Young, i'm not a Young hater I just want more cap space to play with this off-season. Trading to lower pick also helps in that department.

If we keep the pick and those guys are gone, I say we call the Sixers about Embiid. I think he's making in known he wants out, and he's expressed interest in LA...
And I think their fans are deluded about his value... I think maybe Hill+4 could get it done, and I think he's better than the other C's in the draft.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#665 » by Slava » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:06 pm

crazyeights wrote:In Ford's latest mock he has us picking Russell 4th (Mudiay being supposed a Hinkie fav) and Dakari Johnson 27th.

Obviously as has been pointed out the draft order will surely change and we'll not likely have the 4th pick.

Hinkie's draft strategy seems fairly obvious. Longer limbs => Higher pick. SportsVu FTW!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#666 » by LApwnd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:12 pm

Kilroy wrote:
LApwnd wrote:IF we are so lucky as to even stay at 4 and kat, okafor, and Russell are gone....how do you guys feel bout trading back if there's a team in top 7 that wants to move up badly? Here's a few suggestions of mine (my target is Hezjona)

If we keep the pick and those guys are gone, I say we call the Sixers about Embiid. I think he's making in known he wants out, and he's expressed interest in LA...
And I think their fans are deluded about his value... I think maybe Hill+4 could get it done, and I think he's better than the other C's in the draft.

that's ok by me but I really don't think that's possible at all, given how Noel has worked out for them after waiting out his injury can't really see Phi doing it with Embiid seeing as how he's supposedly even more talented than Noel.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#667 » by Kilroy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:31 pm

LApwnd wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

that's ok by me but I really don't think that's possible at all, given how Noel has worked out for them after waiting out his injury can't really see Phi doing it with Embiid seeing as how he's supposedly even more talented than Noel.

I think Embiid is disgruntled and has no interest in competing with Noel for time or position. I think it's obvious that trying to play Noel and Embiid together is going to be awkward at best. I think the Embiid pick was a case of grabbing the best talent available, nothing more. I think they figured, they'd see which one worked best and try to trade the other... I think they've seen that now...
All this hype for Embiid coming from Philly is just window-dressing... They're trying to keep his value up while they see what happens in the draft... More specifically, whether or not they get our pick.
So if we keep the pick, and loose out on Okafor and Towns, and they fall to 5 or below with their's, I think it's kind of a match made in heaven. Because they're going to be lusting over pairing Noel with Mudiay or Russel.

That said, if their pick is higher than ours, and we keep ours, I think it makes it more likely Okafor or Towns falls to us, because they aren't going to pick either C.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#668 » by LApwnd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Kilroy wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

I think Embiid is disgruntled and has no interest in competing with Noel for time or position. I think it's obvious that trying to play Noel and Embiid together is going to be awkward at best. I think the Embiid pick was a case of grabbing the best talent available, nothing more. I think they figured, they'd see which one worked best and try to trade the other... I think they've seen that now...
All this hype for Embiid coming from Philly is just window-dressing... They're trying to keep his value up while they see what happens in the draft... More specifically, whether or not they get our pick.
So if we keep the pick, and loose out on Okafor and Towns, and they fall to 5 or below with their's, I think it's kind of a match made in heaven. Because they're going to be lusting over pairing Noel with Mudiay or Russel.

That said, if their pick is higher than ours, and we keep ours, I think it makes it more likely Okafor or Towns falls to us, because they aren't going to pick either C.

so scenario would mean we'd have to jump to 3 and they fall to 5 in order for a possible deal? But yes I would love to see Embiid/Randle pairing, this is much better pairing than Noel/Embiid IMO, our 2 have better matching offense to spread the paint for each other.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#669 » by crazyeights » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Is Saric a PF or what?

I could actually see that scenario happening (if they get bumped out/we jump the lotto) after that MCW trade....

Interesting, Kilroy.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#670 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:11 am

crazyeights wrote:Is Saric a PF or what?

I could actually see that scenario happening (if they get bumped out/we jump the lotto) after that MCW trade....

Interesting, Kilroy.

He's 6'10/216 so yeah I guess he's like a stretch 4. I'm not sure when Philly actually plans to bring him to the States.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#671 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:13 am

I think I would just rather keep the pick and take Winslow and right there takes care of the SF position for the future.
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#672 » by Rosque » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:

Interesting, Kilroy.

He's 6'10/216 so yeah I guess he's like a stretch 4. I'm not sure when Philly actually plans to bring him to the States.

He is a 4, but not a stretch. Only thing that he stretches is himself during pre-game and after the game. He has great instincts and probably highest bbiq of any player on our roster past few years not named Kobe, Nash or Gasol. He is great passer and basically, at this stage of his career, poor man Odom. Could play 5-10 minutes with Randle and , hopefully, marc gasol, with Randle defending 3s.

He's coming to the States in 2016 when he has an option to buy himself out.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#673 » by crazyeights » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:21 pm

Rosque wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:

Interesting, Kilroy.

He is a 4, but not a stretch. Only thing that he stretches is himself during pre-game and after the game. He has great instincts and probably highest bbiq of any player on our roster past few years not named Kobe, Nash or Gasol. He is great passer and basically, at this stage of his career, poor man Odom. Could play 5-10 minutes with Randle and , hopefully, marc gasol, with Randle defending 3s.

I asked about Saric not to trade for him but to see if Philly has a logjam at PF/C.
Rosque
Analyst

Post#674 » by Rosque » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:27 pm

crazyeights wrote:
Rosque wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:

I asked about Saric not to trade for him but to see if Philly has a logjam at PF/C.

I was answering to Fresh360Waves without the context, my apologies. But everything I said stands. He's great fit with Embiid and Noel as both can play the center and Saric is purely a PF on defensive end and point forward on offensive end. Tremendous rebounder so his wingspan is a non-issue. Embiid/Noel, Embiid/Saric and Noel/Saric are all good fits. Tho Saric can hit open three ball at 32-34% and low attempts he's not gonna be Ryan Anderson and take contested threes and pull-up for threes like Curry. PnR with Saric and Noel/Embiid would be a thing of beauty. I see no logjam at PF/C.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#675 » by scoobs07 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:50 pm

I would offer Randle + #27 for Embiid. Randle is a good power forward that could go next to Noel. They could draft Mudiay with #3 and take Dakari Johnson with #27 to give them some more depth at center.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#676 » by LApwnd » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:08 pm

scoobs07 wrote:I would offer Randle + #27 for Embiid. Randle is a good power forward that could go next to Noel. They could draft Mudiay with #3 and take Dakari Johnson with #27 to give them some more depth at center.

why not offer the 4th pick? Kind of defeats the purpose of trading for Embiid if we're giving up Randle, no other good bigs are left at 4th. Randle/Embiid pairing could be something special, rather then Embiid and whoever is at 4th.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#677 » by ak7 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:34 pm

From a value standpoint I bet it would take #4 (if that's the spot we land) to nab Embiid. Simply because of how hush, hush the 76ers are being about his development - they want to maximize his value obviously and there will be a market for him if he is made available.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#678 » by crazyeights » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:12 pm

Rosque wrote:
crazyeights wrote:
Rosque wrote:

I was answering to Fresh360Waves without the context, my apologies. But everything I said stands. He's great fit with Embiid and Noel as both can play the center and Saric is purely a PF on defensive end and point forward on offensive end. Tremendous rebounder so his wingspan is a non-issue. Embiid/Noel, Embiid/Saric and Noel/Saric are all good fits. Tho Saric can hit open three ball at 32-34% and low attempts he's not gonna be Ryan Anderson and take contested threes and pull-up for threes like Curry. PnR with Saric and Noel/Embiid would be a thing of beauty. I see no logjam at PF/C.

There is a logjam if they are in a position to draft Okafor/Towns....

Which was the point of the discussion, that there might be a scenario where Philly looks to move a big like Embiid.
Rosque
Analyst

Post#679 » by Rosque » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:12 am

crazyeights wrote:
Rosque wrote:
crazyeights wrote:

There is a logjam if they are in a position to draft Okafor/Towns....

Which was the point of the discussion, that there might be a scenario where Philly looks to move a big like Embiid.

Would they take #4 and HOU pick for Embiid? Would that be a fair trade if they are willing to trade him if they do draft Okafor/Towns?
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#680 » by crazyeights » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:50 am

So Mudiay/Russell and the HOU pick for Embiid?

I have no idea if they'd do that. I have trouble seeing how any team would give up on an elite prospect without him even suiting up, TBH, but we'll see if they land a top pick. Maybe instead they'd be more willing to do:

Number 1/2 pick this year for 4 and the HOU 1st? That would make more sense to me as Embiid is seen as being the best of all 3 prospects.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers