ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers (3-13) vs Raptors (13-3). Sunday, at Staples

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

D Nice
Veteran
And1: 473

Re: Lakers (3-13) vs Raptors (13-3). Sunday, at Staples 

Post#381 » by D Nice » Mon Dec 1, 2014 10:03 am

hayden wrote:where all dem pro-tankers? silently weeping after this win, i'm guessing. personally, this game was effin amazing to watch.. i could give a sh*t about our lottery pick if it means our Kobe Bryant can experience more wins as he wraps up his legendary career... that's the least he deserves after giving this city 5 rings.

We're all pretty much posting in this thread, enjoying the entertainment this win provided. :lol:

He's getting what he "deserves," a 24 million dollar paycheck. Nothing is given in this league. Thankfully Kobe isn't nearly as entitled as you seem to be.

After giving him 17 years and counting of unparalleled admiration and affection we deserve to not suck for the foreseeable future because the FO got f***ed by Stern and proceeded to cut Kobe a fat check anyway. Or if we continue to suck, at least have young talent to look forward to and not suck for as long (Randle + ?).
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#382 » by Sofa King » Mon Dec 1, 2014 2:49 pm

Oh crap we won
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#383 » by Slava » Mon Dec 1, 2014 4:07 pm

hayden wrote:where all dem pro-tankers? silently weeping after this win, i'm guessing. personally, this game was effin amazing to watch.. i could give a sh*t about our lottery pick if it means our Kobe Bryant can experience more wins as he wraps up his legendary career... that's the least he deserves after giving this city 5 rings.

That Kobe performance was amazing but earlier in the day watching Okafor and realizing that we might miss out on him just because of pride seemed even more unjust.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Scooby Snax
Assistant Coach
And1: 14,899

Post#384 » by Scooby Snax » Mon Dec 1, 2014 4:29 pm

UnderdogRaptors wrote:I am here to apologize to DEEP3CL, sorry.
WOX_69
Sixth Man
And1: 1,486

Post#385 » by WOX_69 » Mon Dec 1, 2014 8:47 pm

Tee212 wrote:team effort team game they all pitched in. the starting line up did what theyre supposed to do?? give them credit? isnt that obvious? nick comes back and they win back to back its not a coincidence.

youre the only one in here with the nick parade hur hur.

And as always, people give him Nick far too much credit.
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#386 » by Tee212 » Mon Dec 1, 2014 9:35 pm

WOX_69 wrote:
Tee212 wrote:team effort team game they all pitched in. the starting line up did what theyre supposed to do?? give them credit? isnt that obvious? nick comes back and they win back to back its not a coincidence.

just say you hate nick, to much unnecessary yapping.
hayden
Veteran
And1: 548

Post#387 » by hayden » Tue Dec 2, 2014 1:27 am

D Nice wrote:

We're all pretty much posting in this thread, enjoying the entertainment this win provided. :lol:

He's getting what he "deserves," a 24 million dollar paycheck. Nothing is given in this league. Thankfully Kobe isn't nearly as entitled as you seem to be.

After giving him 17 years and counting of unparalleled admiration and affection we deserve to not suck for the foreseeable future because the FO got f***ed by Stern and proceeded to cut Kobe a fat check anyway. Or if we continue to suck, at least have young talent to look forward to and not suck for as long (Randle + ?).

lol, calling me entitled? nothing is given? what are you even talking about it? i didn't mention anything about other teams losing to us for kobe's sake.

do you even know what entitled means? you should check your statement about: "we deserve to not suck for the foreseeable future". you realize we have 16 championnships?

you're just making stuff up that you're mad about (Kobe's contract) and is completely irrelevant to my post. i'm just hoping Kobe can enjoy a few wins with this crap team, even if it's at the risk of losing a pick.

it's almost not worth my effort to type this.. but hopefully it allows you to think more critically in the future.
LarsV8 wrote:[Jeremy Lin] just isn't very good.
tdotboyy
Banned User
And1: 6,678

Post#388 » by tdotboyy » Tue Dec 2, 2014 1:29 am

why that guy jumping around the studio like that.. they beat the craptors not the spurs
anarchy24
Pro Prospect
And1: 230

Post#389 » by anarchy24 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 1:34 am

tdotboyy wrote:why that guy jumping around the studio like that.. they beat the craptors not the spurs

That "guy" is James Worthy! A hall of Fame player. He's probably happy because the Lakers played the way he wanted them to and won?
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#390 » by kblo247 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 1:39 am

Slava wrote:

That Kobe performance was amazing but earlier in the day watching Okafor and realizing that we might miss out on him just because of pride seemed even more unjust.

And alas you realize bigs don't transition well from college to the nba. They get freaking hurt and you'll spend the first year or two watching him in a suit like Noel, Embid, Oden, Randle, Gordon, Blake, etc.
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#391 » by Tee212 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 2:34 am

tdotboyy wrote:why that guy jumping around the studio like that.. they beat the craptors not the spurs

cause they beat the best team in the world on the east without nash and randle and a washed up 40th best player in the nba with career ending injuries. the hof should of done a back spin.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#392 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:25 am

AceFresh wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Called it on page 4.....

" Tonight's key to a win would be to limit Lowery, turn him more into a passer. Our bigs have to play at least average, Boozer has a chance to have a good game against this team. Hill and Amir Johnson should cancel each other out. And if Kobe can ease back on being so aggressive maybe the offense can have some flow."

#Yoda

Can I get some context into your sig quote, Deep?
lol
It came from this fool on the GB who predicted the Lakers wouldn't win any games in this current stretch they're in. He claimed the only win would be probably against the 76ers. So far I think we've won like 4, dude's quote came when we were 0-9.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#393 » by Slava » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:32 am

kblo247 wrote:
Slava wrote:

And alas you realize bigs don't transition well from college to the nba. They get freaking hurt and you'll spend the first year or two watching him in a suit like Noel, Embid, Oden, Randle, Gordon, Blake, etc.

For everyone of those you have guys like Drummond, Cousins, Terrence Jones etc who come in and be useful right away. Injuries are sometimes down to rot luck unless its structural limitations like with Oden or Bynum, there's nothing those guys could do to avoid that.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#394 » by kblo247 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:34 am

I guess we shall see, but even Anthony Davis was hit by the injury big to start his career. I don't like banking on a ig in the draft over a perimeter guy personally, especially with our horrible med staff.
WOX_69
Sixth Man
And1: 1,486

Post#395 » by WOX_69 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 9:02 am

Tee212 wrote:
WOX_69 wrote:

just say you hate nick, to much unnecessary yapping.

Oh I've never tried to hide it. But at least I can view things objectively even with my subjective feelings.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#396 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Dec 3, 2014 6:42 am

damn Scooby handing out and-1's like its candy.....so this is what it feels like on the Raps board. :)
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#397 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Dec 3, 2014 9:03 am

wtf...real strange...no wonder people have so many And1s......cheap tho......oh well, whatever.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers