crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: Byron Scott plans changes to starting line up 

Post#41 » by crazyeights » Thu Dec 4, 2014 12:27 am

TonyMontana wrote:
crazyeights wrote:
cw3k wrote:Don't blame on Lin or any place for poor D, it is a team effort. It is the coach responsibility to get the most of of his players. As of now, I have enough of Scott, please get rid of him who has no offensive play or defensive play.

The Lakers simply will not fire another coach this season--they won't. So get over it man, the coaching marry-go-round is over.

Haaa haaa haaa and you were pissed at the posters when they wanted MDA gone after two and half years. We haven't even played 20 games yet.

Naw, I was saying there weren't better obtainable options out there with our lack of talent. Our record this year only proves how bad we are and how little a coach can do about it.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#42 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Dec 4, 2014 7:17 am

Well, Scott did say he would change the lineup 15-20 games into the season. IMO it's way too late but the next game is 20, 'bout dam time?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Lorenzomax7
Rookie
And1: 243

Post#43 » by Lorenzomax7 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 10:55 am

Dear I say Lin is one of the best defenders (overall) in this roster.
Watch NBA since 1998. Huge fan of A.C. Fiorentina, Spurs & Tim Duncan, Yao Ming & Linsanity, Brooklyn & Coney Island. Former Brooklyn Chinese resident.
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#44 » by mcscotty » Thu Dec 4, 2014 1:04 pm

Kobe needs to take the odd night off for rest and recuperation. Also, helps us better assess what we have, and what we want to keep going forward.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#45 » by kblo247 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 1:15 pm

mcscotty wrote:Kobe needs to take the odd night off for rest and recuperation. Also, helps us better assess what we have, and what we want to keep going forward.

Scott **** up when he didn't take him out before the 2min break
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#46 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Dec 4, 2014 2:55 pm

Lorenzomax7 wrote:Dear I say Lin is one of the best defenders (overall) in this roster.

You bet:
Jeremy Lin Quietly Having Career Year For Lakers
http://hoopshabit.com/2014/11/29/jeremy ... ar-lakers/
Still, Lin is doing a pretty good job at ensuring his opponent isn’t performing to their usual levels. On two-point attempts, Lin is holding his opponent to 2.1 percent less than they shoot for the season. Inside 10 feet, he’s harassing them into 5.9 percent less and finally, he’s keeping them 6.1 percent below their averages inside six feet.

In the interest of fairness, Lin is getting killed from the 3-point line (allowing 53.8 percent, 17.6 percent above opponent’s average). A big reason for that is the lack of team perimeter defense and the need for Lin and the Lakers to sag to protect the middle. That is an indictment on Lin’s defense, but it’s also indicative of a team that isn’t good enough defensively to allow Lin to cheat towards the 3-point line.

Good insight. This team needs some help D!
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#47 » by bws94 » Sat Dec 6, 2014 3:21 pm

mcscotty wrote:Kobe needs to take the odd night off for rest and recuperation. Also, helps us better assess what we have, and what we want to keep going forward.

I totally agree with that. I think the team plays better at times without him although I'm not saying they are a better team without him. I think to see who steps up and how and what combo of players can play best together, Kobe could take a night off. When is the Philly game? Maybe for that game.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers