ImageImageImageImageImage

Kobe seen fraternizing with the enemy

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Re: Kobe seen fraternizing with the enemy 

Post#41 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Dec 5, 2014 12:11 am

crazyeights wrote:Is that effort or has he lost athleticism?

Pau Gasol was awful and injured on Mem and once he was traded he became "the most talented big man in the league" to a lot of people.

But if Rondo's over the hill then: pass.

Effort. Rondo takes nights off here and there.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#42 » by semi-sentient » Fri Dec 5, 2014 12:13 am

leeprettyp wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I can't see us trading picks for Rondo... I think if it happens, it'd be for cap relief and maybe Hill. Otherwise, it'll be about where Rondo wants to go to as a free agent.

The way Jordan Hill has been playing we'd be crazy to move him. He's actually playing above his contract right now

Hill is very much replaceable (particularly since he's not much of a defensive anchor), and I suspect that if we get a top pick or sign a free agent it's going to be for a center anyway which really marginalizes Hill.

I'm not really a huge Rondo fan, but I'd definitely trade Hill + relief for him.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#43 » by Mamba Venom » Fri Dec 5, 2014 12:14 am

I don't want Rondo on the Lakers. I think he going to battle more and more injuries the older he gets and just believe in him as an impact player. It took KG, Pierce, Ray Allen, Tony Allen and one of the best supporting casts ever to win a championship. I don't think Rondo is ever going to win one again.

Lets get a top 5 pick and get a max FA signing.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#44 » by ArC_man » Fri Dec 5, 2014 12:18 am

Hill took a paycut to stay before. We might be able to convince him to take say 3 years 20m or something with a player option the 3rd year so his contract coincides w/ Young since they're bff's.

I don't know how much you guys think Rondo is worth but I'm pretty sure he's going to look for the max. There's no way we can add 1-2 more pieces while retaining Hill + Lin if we max out Rondo.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#45 » by crazyeights » Fri Dec 5, 2014 12:18 am

Unless we trade Swaggy, Lin, or Hill for scraps OR Kobe goes down, the only way we keep the pick is lottery luck.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#46 » by Slava » Fri Dec 5, 2014 12:35 am

Pau Gasol was awful and injured on Mem and once he was traded he became "the most talented big man in the league" to a lot of people.

Bill Simmons has a running joke that there's national TV Rondo who is a superstar and then there's regular Rondo.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#47 » by EArl » Fri Dec 5, 2014 12:48 am

Slava wrote:

Bill Simmons has a running joke that there's national TV Rondo who is a superstar and then there's regular Rondo.

Good thing a lot of our games are nationally televised.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#48 » by leeprettyp » Fri Dec 5, 2014 1:10 am

semi-sentient wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I can't see us trading picks for Rondo... I think if it happens, it'd be for cap relief and maybe Hill. Otherwise, it'll be about where Rondo wants to go to as a free agent.

The way Jordan Hill has been playing we'd be crazy to move him. He's actually playing above his contract right now

Hill is very much replaceable (particularly since he's not much of a defensive anchor), and I suspect that if we get a top pick or sign a free agent it's going to be for a center anyway which really marginalizes Hill.

I'm not really a huge Rondo fan, but I'd definitely trade Hill + relief for him.

Besides DeAndre Jordan and Marc Gasol at the Center position I dont see another big i'd rather have right now than keeping Jordan Hill and just picking up his option next season. For how much Monroe is gonna ask for I'd rather keep Hill. I do agree through he needs to pick it up on rim protection.

How about Nash Houson 1st and Houston 2nd rounder (didnt we get that in the Lin deal also) would that be enough to entice Ainge into moving Rondo?
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#49 » by Kalidogg24 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 1:41 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Kalidogg24 wrote:The only way I see Rondo and Kobe clashing is when Kobe is doing his James Harden impersonation on defense.

Because Rajon doesn't take any breaks on defense, EVER.

Not really. Rajon is the new Kobe, and by that, I mean he still gets credit for being a good defender, even though he stopped playing that calibre of defense years ago. He's still good at playing the passing lanes, but in terms of keeping his man in front of him, Rondo is probably 4th on the team, maybe 5th.

Not too sure about that. Especially since you for sure watched more Celtics games than me this season.

But who actually is a better defender on the C's other than Rondo?

Jeff? Avery? It for sure ain't Evan because that guy couldn't guard a WNBA player iMo. LoL
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#50 » by Tee212 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 1:45 am

crazyeights wrote:
Tee212 wrote:lin is like wtf...there goes my starting job.

His starting job? This isn't about Lin it's about the team. I'm not even convinced he'd be mad if we acquired Rondo, I think this would free him up to not be Kobe's #2.

its obvious that any trade made is for the team, he was the man in ny then lost his starting job in houston then goes to the lakers to back up nash to find out hes the starting pg for the lakers. enters rondo hmmm im in back of the bus again. yes lots to be excited about here for him.
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#51 » by ArC_man » Fri Dec 5, 2014 1:48 am

leeprettyp wrote:
semi-sentient wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:

Besides DeAndre Jordan and Marc Gasol at the Center position I dont see another big i'd rather have right now than keeping Jordan Hill and just picking up his option next season. For how much Monroe is gonna ask for I'd rather keep Hill. I do agree through he needs to pick it up on rim protection.

How about Nash Houson 1st and Houston 2nd rounder (didnt we get that in the Lin deal also) would that be enough to entice Ainge into moving Rondo?

Hibbert could be a free agent next year if he turns down his player option. I would take him over DJ.

Monroe is fool's gold, dude couldn't even score on Sacre.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#52 » by Penberthy » Fri Dec 5, 2014 2:05 am

leeprettyp wrote:
semi-sentient wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:

Asik?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,675

Post#53 » by dockingsched » Fri Dec 5, 2014 2:21 am

- Hill has the right to refuse any trade, any team that trades for him doesn't get his bird rights

- Trading for rondo doesn't lock up anything. He's still a free agent this summer and you're in the same position you'd be in if you didn't trade for him. Only difference is you can offer him a 5 yr deal.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by crazyeights » Fri Dec 5, 2014 2:51 am

Tee212 wrote:
crazyeights wrote:
Tee212 wrote:lin is like wtf...there goes my starting job.

His starting job? This isn't about Lin it's about the team. I'm not even convinced he'd be mad if we acquired Rondo, I think this would free him up to not be Kobe's #2.

its obvious that any trade made is for the team, he was the man in ny then lost his starting job in houston then goes to the lakers to back up nash to find out hes the starting pg for the lakers. enters rondo hmmm im in back of the bus again. yes lots to be excited about here for him.

"Back of the bus?" Seriously, it's not the time to start evoking that. Stop.

According to 82games.com, Lin is giving up 21.3 PER to his opponents and only producing 14.9...league average is 15.0.

Essentially every night his opponent is playing at Jimmy Butler, Tim Duncan, or Carmelo Anthony's level.

In PER he is tied for 166th in the league according to ESPN's PER ratings. There are 30 teams, and 5 starters a team, that's 150 players who are starters...he's 166th right now. Amongst PGs he's rated 38th.

It's simply basketball. The guy is a fringe starter. Could he start on a team? Sure. But they'd either need to be stronger at the other positions or they'd be a team with 0.4% chance to make the playoffs.

As with our team, in the starting lineup, Lin is meant to be the 2nd best player. This does not bode well the way we're constructed. It's obvious we have only Kobe as a top 100 player and we're needing top tier talent. It's not about Lin, or even about Rondo, it's about the Lakers have a lot of nice players (Lin, Nick Young, Hill, Davis) but they should be your 6th-8th men. Not your 2nd and 3rd options.
Tee212
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Tee212 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 3:27 am

crazyeights wrote:
Tee212 wrote:
crazyeights wrote:

"Back of the bus?" Seriously, it's not the time to start evoking that. Stop.

According to 82games.com, Lin is giving up 21.3 PER to his opponents and only producing 14.9...league average is 15.0.

Essentially every night his opponent is playing at Jimmy Butler, Tim Duncan, or Carmelo Anthony's level.

In PER he is tied for 166th in the league according to ESPN's PER ratings. There are 30 teams, and 5 starters a team, that's 150 players who are starters...he's 166th right now. Amongst PGs he's rated 38th.

It's simply basketball. The guy is a fringe starter. Could he start on a team? Sure. But they'd either need to be stronger at the other positions or they'd be a team with 0.4% chance to make the playoffs.

As with our team, in the starting lineup, Lin is meant to be the 2nd best player. This does not bode well the way we're constructed. It's obvious we have only Kobe as a top 100 player and we're needing top tier talent. It's not about Lin, or even about Rondo, it's about the Lakers have a lot of nice players (Lin, Nick Young, Hill, Davis) but they should be your 6th-8th men. Not your 2nd and 3rd options.

you stop, all im saying is hes like wtf im going to lose my starting job and you blable about all these stats? hes rightfully to think that as would anyone that has some credit in a starting role. of course hes not going to the media and pout about it? i wouldnt you wouldnt.

its like fisher losing his starting role to payton for that one year (sure he didnt like it)we all remember fishes defense right? complaining about the opponents efficiency vs lin? remember we never had anyone to stop the opponents pgs? remember lin got his career high vs the lakers. night in and out everyone complained about farmar/blake/brown/nash/fish defense.

AGAIN read my post ALL i said was lin is like WTF? i didnt mention about the team nor do i care to praise lin. I would of said this if it was WES and kobe had dinner with melo.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by crazyeights » Fri Dec 5, 2014 4:02 am

Oh so you're just pouting on his behalf?

The real point is why does it matter? So much care about Lin's psyche. SMH this is the NBA not AYSO. Not everybody wins.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#57 » by kblo247 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 4:07 am

If Lin thinks what about my starting role, then you know what? **** him

It wasn't even his god damn role,by all accounts Nash was earning that role in his old ass age in their practices over him. Hell so was price until he hurt his knee to end the preseason. He got the role not by earning it but by attrition.

He should be our second best guy but I'd say Nuck, hill, and even. Boozer are more consistent night to night.
Tee212
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by Tee212 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 4:27 am

yes on his behalf, it didnt matter youre the one bust out the stats like it mattered. just like most of the threads on the forum that gets started. much like kobe has dinner with rondo? does it matter? he has dinner with lot of other players.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#59 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 5:23 am

Go for Rondo I'm in for it...

Get him in b4 the season ends.

It always takes a team a while to gell well together.

Use the rest of this season for Practice and getting to know each other then Destroy every team next year.

Rondo/Lin/Price
Kobe/Ellington
Wes/Young
Rande/Boozer/Kelly
Hill/Davis/Sacre.

Sounds like a good plan:)
Bring back Defense
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by crazyeights » Fri Dec 5, 2014 6:38 am

Tee212 wrote:yes on his behalf, it didnt matter youre the one bust out the stats like it mattered. just like most of the threads on the forum that gets started. much like kobe has dinner with rondo? does it matter? he has dinner with lot of other players.

WTF does this even mean? Start making sense or put away the keyboard.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers