ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: GT: Lakers (5-15) vs Pelicans (8-10) | 6:30 PM | 12/7 

Post#141 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Dec 8, 2014 6:55 am

tenten wrote:
TyCobb wrote:
tenten wrote:

I didn't watch the game on tv, only followed the play by play, but I would want to know how this line up is playing better defensibly this game. And lin must have too much gelling with davis since there seem to be a way making sure they get to play together as little as possible.

You act like Lin + Davis is Stockton and Malone. The only thing that's gonna happen if they play together more is the Lakers will get blown out by 15+ instead of 20+ a night.

not stockton and malone, more like payton and kemp on offense. You see, I know that we're tanking, at least give us some exciting plays. Lin+Davis can provide a lot of that I think. Losing doesn't even matter at this point to me, but you don't think Lin brings more excitement than price by a long shot?

How about Lin and T Chandler?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#142 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:13 am

tenten wrote:
lakerRD wrote:
TyCobb wrote:
You act like Lin + Davis is Stockton and Malone. The only thing that's gonna happen if they play together more is the Lakers will get blown out by 15+ instead of 20+ a night.

Exactly!
Even if B. Scott is able to find the best line up combos, this team is still severly lacking in talent, and will still lose most of its games.
Lin and Davis have had their nice moments, but truthfully, they are both back up material in this league.

If Lin and Davis are both back up material in this league (I agree btw), what does that make price? why not develop clarkson or some young guy from the d-league? There is simply no reason to play an aging vet journeyman on this team.

I agree.
I'd like to see Clarkson get some minutes.
Formerly lakerRD
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#143 » by ArC_man » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:14 am

tenten wrote:
lakerRD wrote:Losing sucks, specially when you lose with this frequency.
I liked the line-up changes. This new line-up with Davis and Price will need time to gel.
It is a much better line-up defensively. They just didn't execute very well defensively specially in the second half.
They missed a ton of shots and eventually the defense fell apart too.
The Pelicans though are a good team with excellent bigs, and solid perimeter play.
Our bigs just got outclassed by theirs.
And Holiday was just great.

I didn't watch the game on tv, only followed the play by play, but I would want to know how this line up is playing better defensibly this game. And lin must have too much gelling with davis since there seem to be a way making sure they get to play together as little as possible.

I don't get why people have this belief that Lin + Davis is such a great combo. Lin and Davis have played plenty of minutes together this season and statistically have been every bit as bad as Lin + any other big on our team. In fact, Price + Davis has been significantly better.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/tea ... -2-man::13
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#144 » by bws94 » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:23 am

ArC_man wrote:
tenten wrote:
lakerRD wrote:Losing sucks, specially when you lose with this frequency.
I liked the line-up changes. This new line-up with Davis and Price will need time to gel.
It is a much better line-up defensively. They just didn't execute very well defensively specially in the second half.
They missed a ton of shots and eventually the defense fell apart too.
The Pelicans though are a good team with excellent bigs, and solid perimeter play.
Our bigs just got outclassed by theirs.
And Holiday was just great.

I don't get why people have this belief that Lin + Davis is such a great combo. Lin and Davis have played plenty of minutes together this season and statistically have been every bit as bad as Lin + any other big on our team. In fact, Price + Davis has been significantly better.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/tea ... -2-man::13

Because they are good together. Lin and Davis have a good feel for each other's game and look for each other. Lin is a PnR point guard and Davis is excellent at PnR. They really didn't play enough in the regular season for any stat to matter, that's spotty stuff and of course Price became used to playing with Davis so his stats my be better. But, as you saw tonight on one play, when Lin penetrates Davis has a knack of either being there to get a Lin pass and Lin gets it to him, or, tap in a Lin miss on a drive which we didn't see tonight.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Post#145 » by Slava » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:30 am

Even stupidity has its limits and I can understand stupidity that will stop in the face of logic and facts but I never will understand the absurdity that keeps continuing with blatant disregard for facts, evidence and anything else. That my dear friends is insanity. I hope some of you are not this insane in your regular lives as I have very little optimism for this world to begin with and I don't want to realize some of this might be what I can expect to see more of for the rest of my life.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#146 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:36 am

Lin and Davis usually play together when the team is out of whack, Boozer benched, usually with Kobe shooting.

Sacre and Davis are the best in that stat, it's not really reliable.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
tenten
Junior
And1: 32

Post#147 » by tenten » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:40 am

Slava wrote:Even stupidity has its limits and I can understand stupidity that will stop in the face of logic and facts but I never will understand the absurdity that keeps continuing with blatant disregard for facts, evidence and anything else. That my dear friends is insanity. I hope some of you are not this insane in your regular lives as I have very little optimism for this world to begin with and I don't want to realize some of this might be what I can expect to see more of for the rest of my life.

Is it stupidity or insanity for this team to play an aging veteran journeyman? Boozer, fine, he had his moments, solid allstar/starter in this prime. But price for 30 minutes every night going forward? is it stupidity or insanity?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#148 » by Slava » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:46 am

tenten wrote:
Slava wrote:Even stupidity has its limits and I can understand stupidity that will stop in the face of logic and facts but I never will understand the absurdity that keeps continuing with blatant disregard for facts, evidence and anything else. That my dear friends is insanity. I hope some of you are not this insane in your regular lives as I have very little optimism for this world to begin with and I don't want to realize some of this might be what I can expect to see more of for the rest of my life.

Is it stupidity or insanity for this team to play an aging veteran journeyman? Boozer, fine, he had his moments, solid allstar/starter in this prime. But price for 30 minutes every night going forward? is it stupidity or insanity?

If you go by that logic, there's no point in playing anyone that's on a one year contract. We should be playing Sacre/Kelly/Randle/Kobe/Swaggy P. The rest highly likely won't be here next season.
tenten
Junior

Post#149 » by tenten » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:49 am

Slava wrote:
tenten wrote:

If you go by that logic, there's no point in playing anyone that's on a one year contract. We should be playing Sacre/Kelly/Randle/Kobe/Swaggy P. The rest highly likely won't be here next season.

so what logic is there to play price 30 minutes? it gives us best chance to win?
I don't know man, I didn't watch this game. but it's scary that Lakers radio reporters and some of you think that Price played well tonight.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by Slava » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:51 am

tenten wrote:
Slava wrote:
tenten wrote:

so what logic is there to play price 30 minutes? it gives us best chance to win?
I don't know man, I didn't watch this game. but it's scary that Lakers radio reporters and some of you think that Price played well tonight.

You understand English? Where did I say Price played well?

If you are just looking to troll for a reaction like you did before, lets cut to the chase and I'll do for you what you deserve, which is a suspension or a ban.
tenten
Junior

Post#151 » by tenten » Mon Dec 8, 2014 7:54 am

Slava wrote:
tenten wrote:
Slava wrote:

If you are just looking to troll for a reaction like you did before, lets cut to the chase and I'll do for you what you deserve, which is a suspension or a ban.

radio reporter and some of you includes you? as I said before, I only look at posts not the name of the person who posts, so I don't know who I'm quoting. I only see the message. are you some sort of mod? thanks for the warning.

if some one can help out, the logic to play price 30 minutes is?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#152 » by Slava » Mon Dec 8, 2014 8:00 am

tenten wrote:
Slava wrote:
tenten wrote:

radio reporter and some of you includes you? as I said before, I only look at posts not the name of the person who posts, so I don't know who I'm quoting. I only see the message. are you some sort of mod? thanks for the warning.

Well, there's your problem.
ArC_man
Veteran

Post#153 » by ArC_man » Mon Dec 8, 2014 8:06 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:Lin and Davis usually play together when the team is out of whack, Boozer benched, usually with Kobe shooting.

Of course all stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. Playing against benches and in garbage time probably inflates some stats.

I believe Lin is a far superior player to Price but this is what I think B.Scott's thought process is: Playing Lin and Kobe together isn't maximizing their individual playmaking abilities because they both need the ball in their hands for an extended amount of time every possession (you could argue it's because of the lack of sophistication in the offense or perhaps it's their personalities, etc). One potential solution is to separate their playing times so that each can have the ball in their hands as much as possible.

Personally I don't agree with the lineup change (if we were going to bench Lin I would've liked to start Young as well so Lin can completely control the 2nd unit) but we were 5-15 anyways and not exactly trending up. Worst case scenario is we lose more games (which is probably a good thing anyways...)
tenten
Junior

Post#154 » by tenten » Mon Dec 8, 2014 8:16 am

ArC_man wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Lin and Davis usually play together when the team is out of whack, Boozer benched, usually with Kobe shooting.

Of course all stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. Playing against benches and in garbage time probably inflates some stats.

I believe Lin is a far superior player to Price but this is what I think B.Scott's thought process is: Playing Lin and Kobe together isn't maximizing their individual playmaking abilities because they both need the ball in their hands for an extended amount of time every possession (you could argue it's because of the lack of sophistication in the offense or perhaps it's their personalities, etc). One potential solution is to separate their playing times so that each can have the ball in their hands as much as possible.

Personally I don't agree with the lineup change (if we were going to bench Lin I would've liked to start Young as well so Lin can completely control the 2nd unit) but we were 5-15 anyways and not exactly trending up. Worst case scenario is we lose more games (which is probably a good thing anyways...)

That thought process is flawed though, just look at how many shots boozer and young took compare to lin. And Kobe plays a ton of minutes any ways, there isn't that many minutes where he isn't on the court. like you said, we're 5-15, we have no business giving price or even boozer any minutes. Those guys are on their way down and will not help anyone or make this crappy season any more enjoyable to watch.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#155 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Dec 8, 2014 8:23 am

ArC_man wrote:

Agreed with everything. There are several problems: now the O of the starting unit would suck. And Lin isn't exactly a quick trigger type, it's not gonna help him much, especially bizarre is the fact that he would have worked well with Ed Davis but now will have Boozer again! Oh yes, and with Boozer and Lin with the second unit Young's O suffers. The D of the second unit also got worse of course. Kobe would be pretty swamped with little help and space to operate.
tenten wrote:if some one can help out, the logic to play price 30 minutes is?

I'll give it a try: no chance of making the PO, 7 teams on pace to win 70% in the insane West, OKC's gonna catchup, quick. Top 5 pick vs no pick. Stealthy.
Thanks for the honesty.
ArC_man
Veteran

Post#156 » by ArC_man » Mon Dec 8, 2014 8:28 am

tenten wrote:
ArC_man wrote:

That thought process is flawed though, just look at how many shots boozer and young took compare to lin. And Kobe plays a ton of minutes any ways, there isn't that many minutes where he isn't on the court. like you said, we're 5-15, we have no business giving price or even boozer any minutes. Those guys are on their way down and will not help anyone or make this crappy season any more enjoyable to watch.

Lin's job as a PG is to get his teammates good shots. If he's got open shots he's not taking and passing it up to Boozer/Young, he's not doing his job properly.
tenten
Junior

Post#157 » by tenten » Mon Dec 8, 2014 8:32 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
ArC_man wrote:

Agreed with everything. There are several problems: now the O of the starting unit would suck. And Lin isn't exactly a quick trigger type, it's not gonna help him much, especially bizarre is the fact that he would have worked well with Ed Davis but now will have Boozer again! Oh yes, and with Boozer and Lin with the second unit Young's O suffers. The D of the second unit also got worse of course. Kobe would be pretty swamped with little help and space to operate.
tenten wrote:if some one can help out, the logic to play price 30 minutes is?

I'll give it a try: no chance of making the PO, 7 teams on pace to win 70% in the insane West, OKC's gonna catchup, quick. Top 5 pick vs no pick. Stealthy.

Well, it sure it's steathy. But it's boring and hard to watch Kobe play with the first unit. If you're going tank, at least tank with style and throw out the defense card. If we rather tank with price than lin/clarkson, I'll be done watching the lakers after kobe passes mj.
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#158 » by TwoStarz » Mon Dec 8, 2014 9:56 am

Do some of you seriously expect us to win still. I mean we may win some games but we aren't a good team so just lower the expectations and enjoy the ride of a rebuild. Every franchise goes through rough patches. That's just what sports are. When time starts to turn around it will feel that much better. Be patient guys

Sent from my SGH-I337M using RealGM Forums mobile app
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#159 » by leeprettyp » Mon Dec 8, 2014 12:13 pm

TyCobb wrote:Imagine that. A shooter gets in the game and we starting scoring in consecutive possessions.

Still think it needs to be Lin-Ellington-Kobe-Davis-Hill as the starters.

Bingo. But in reality it is what it is... We're not a good team. We seriously lack the talent on this roster, especially in the West. We're gonna probably end up with a top 3 pick at worst because we cant win any home games lol
cw3k
Bench Warmer
And1: 503

Post#160 » by cw3k » Mon Dec 8, 2014 12:42 pm

Please fire Scott. We have enough coach on payroll and adding one more should be a big deal.

Stop blaming on the players, we know we are the bottom half talent wise, but it doesn't mean this team is clueless. No idea what is going on offensively, defensively or the rotation.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers