Kobe Bryant:

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Re: Kobe Bryant:  

Post#41 » by Pointgod » Mon Jan 5, 2015 2:15 am

kblo247 wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:Forget Dragic bring on Reggie Jackson. I understand Dragic maybe the better offensive player today (Not on the defensive end of the court) But if you just watch this guy he's ready to run a team.

We've not bid on a rfa since 91 ... Let it go bruh

And besides butler and Tobias are both better

Yeah seems to fit the Lakers MO. Why get a young up and coming player on a reasonable contract(Reggie Jackson) when you can do nothing at all instead?
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#42 » by kblo247 » Mon Jan 5, 2015 2:52 am

Pointgod wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:Forget Dragic bring on Reggie Jackson. I understand Dragic maybe the better offensive player today (Not on the defensive end of the court) But if you just watch this guy he's ready to run a team.

Yeah seems to fit the Lakers MO. Why get a young up and coming player on a reasonable contract(Reggie Jackson) when you can do nothing at all instead?

It goes against a pilicy that buss and west put in place long before Jimmy and Mitch.

And I'll say it again; if you're breaking it for rfa then you go after the better players. You might as well go balls in and pay butler near max and Tobias 8 figures ... They are both better than Jackson and would pose less redundancy as 2/3 and 3/4 ... It would be like trying the Michael and Scotty or Hill and TMac tandem
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#43 » by Pointgod » Mon Jan 5, 2015 6:55 am

kblo247 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
kblo247 wrote:We've not bid on a rfa since 91 ... Let it go bruh

It goes against a pilicy that buss and west put in place long before Jimmy and Mitch.

And I'll say it again; if you're breaking it for rfa then you go after the better players. You might as well go balls in and pay butler near max and Tobias 8 figures ... They are both better than Jackson and would pose less redundancy as 2/3 and 3/4 ... It would be like trying the Michael and Scotty or Hill and TMac tandem

Well that's an idiotic policy. West and Jerry are no longer here so no need to do things the old way. No way we get Butler, Chicago's matching anything thrown at him. Harris is an intriguing prospect that I'd be willing to give a shot, but Reggie Jackson is going to be a steal. Okc won't match him, too much redundancy and they're not going to pay money for a guy who plays the same position as Westbrook.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#44 » by dockingsched » Mon Jan 5, 2015 7:35 am

Pointgod wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

Lakers or other suitors might have a shot at Jackson if the offer scares the thunder away, but I wouldn't expect to get him for a "reasonable" contract. Okc might as well match, and if they don't plan to match a "reasonable" contract, they'll probably just trade him for a return from a team that will match a reasonable deal.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#45 » by Laker_Kid » Mon Jan 5, 2015 6:53 pm

i like the facilitator kobe. the ball movement and the flow of the game seems more fluid. kobe at the high post for simple drive or fadeway or kick out pass is deadly. i hope he keeps it up for the remainder of his career... and honestly. that style of play is his only option to even postpone his retirement.

Sent from my LG-D802 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#46 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jan 5, 2015 11:59 pm

yes, more of this iteration of kobe please
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#47 » by JazzUte88 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:44 am

Kobe the facilitator is FUN to watch. Just too bad they don't have a great supporting cast and they're too far along to even think about being competitive the rest of this season.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#48 » by Dr Aki » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:13 am

actually, as usual, kobe's taken it too far

bloody hell, he doesn't understand the term "in moderation" one bit

Return to Los Angeles Lakers