TNT Would Love for Kobe Bryant to Replace Charles Barkley

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Re: Re: TNT Would Love for Kobe Bryant to Replace Charles Barkley 

Post#21 » by Marionettetc » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:48 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Slava wrote:Barkley's stupidity is what keeps the show going, if Kobe does indeed go there, he'd probably take Shaq's job.
Ehh....that bullsh*t has gotten old and tired now. All he does is disrespect the product the league has signed a huge deal with. You can't go on air and say things like, " If we show the Lakers or Knicks again I'm not coming to work". The stupidity is him not understanding that media markets drive ratings, the Lakers and Knicks would have to go 0-82 for them not to be placed on a schedule ever again.

Give me a show that can talk the fact, stay unbiased and give me just a little bit of humor. Barkley is an assclown, time for him to be taken behind the shed and put to sleep.

100% agree Barkley is a clown and adds little to nothing on the actual topic of basketball.

I think your ideal 80/20 sports/humor wouldn't fly because the lowest common denominator sports fan eats up clowns.

I used to like older around the horn for that same reason. Opinion piece shows are fine but I'd prefer it not to be a circus
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Re: TNT Would Love for Kobe Bryant to Replace Charles Barkley 

Post#22 » by PKABOOICU » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:36 am

i don't really think kobe would be interested in broadcasting….hes the type of guy that would go for ownership stake imo
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#23 » by laduane1 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:28 am

I see Kobe taking a year off to do nothing and get his body right. Fly off somewhere and just relax and spend his well over paid salary.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#24 » by Mamba Venom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:10 pm

How many times would Kobe hold up 5 fingers to Shaq? I would like to see Kobe and Shaq braodcast together.

Funny how you don't get teammates to do it more on a national stage. Kobe and Shaq are so intriguing it would be fun.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#25 » by Doormatt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:25 am

the only reason to watch inside the NBA is cuz of barkley tho
#doorgek
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,129

Post#26 » by Edrees » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:39 am

I don't really learn anything from any bball tv analysts. Might as well make them funny, they don't need to add much analysis. All the summary's from tv analysts basically boil down to "If this player played better, they would have won" anyway. I prefer Barkley style to keep me interested in watching the show.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#27 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:56 am

I'd replace Shaq with Kobe instead of Barkley. I know TNT would love to sell the whole Shaq and Kobe chemistry on the show but at the end of the day it might just end up being too boring for the average viewers. I think one of the main reasons why it's so popular is because Barkley dumbs it down for the casual fan.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#28 » by laduane1 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:24 am

I would think Kobe would take a year off and away from the game to get his body and his mind back in order. He has been playing for 19 years since age 17. Do not see him on the road right away. He also want to get his brand up and going. He wants to be like Magic and Jordan. Get his next phrase of his life going.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#29 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:43 am

I imagine a lot of people watch that show because of Barkley, but OTOH I'm sure a lot of people are tired of that after so many years of similar material. Seems like he's tired too, it'd be healthy to take a break and have some variety IMO.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers