ImageImageImageImageImage

What C's and PG's free next year??

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,676

Re: What C's and PG's free next year?? 

Post#21 » by Pointgod » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:55 am

People need to get the pipe dream of Gasol and Lamarcus Aldridge out of their minds. Hell even Rondo might be a stretch. We'll be settling for the 2nd tier of free agents. Hopefully we can draft a center and sign Reggie Jackson at point. Sign some young players with high potential
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#22 » by hazy_01 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:56 am

I pick Dragic over Rondo. Better shooter, decent play-maker and a chance to steal him away from Suns. As a matter of fact, I really hope we offer him a big contract just to spite the Suns :D
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#23 » by ArC_man » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:58 am

Gasol isn't happening. We may go after Monroe depending on our draft pick. I think if we end up drafting a wing with the 4th/5th pick, we might end up going after both Dragic and Monroe.
5ertwenty
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#24 » by 5ertwenty » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:39 am

ALL HAIL wrote:At PG, I want Shaun Livingston (backing up/"splitting" time with Kobe), and at center, I want a platoon of Brook Lopez, Chris Kaman, and a little bit of Kevin Garnett.

Sign Kawhi Leonard (1st choice/extreme long shot) or DeMarre Carroll and I roll out a defensive team that has the framework of something like this:

OFFENSIVE FACILITATOR - Bryant - Livingston
DEFENDER of PGs - Briante Weber - Freddette
MAN IN THE MIDDLE - Brook Lopez - Chris Kaman
POWER FORWARD- Kevin Garnett - Julius Randle
SMALL FORWARD - DeMarre Carroll - Wesley Johnson

The only guy id be interested in that you mentioned is Carroll. Lopez is ready to shatter; Garnett is done; Kaman would never come back unless he got paid; Freddete is one dimensional who can't even get that one dimension to work and Webber is, well... we could do better.

If we get a top 5 pick, I'd draft the best big available. I'd then try and sign Reggie Jackson at point and Paul Milsap at PF.

PG - Reggie Jackson / Jordan Clarkson
SG - Kobe Bryant / Nick Young
SF - Gerald Green
PF - Paul Milsap / Julius Randle
C - LOTTERY PICK
Jordan | Kobe | Kareem| Bird | Magic
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#25 » by PKABOOICU » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:47 pm

C-marc gasol
PG- rajon rondo or goran dragic

get kobe healthy
get randle healthy

sign luol deng
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#26 » by TylersLakers » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:15 am

The reason I say Rondo is because it's a Kobe favorite. You can re-energize Kobe with his addition and brining back a few players on our roster and a couple draft picks. It also then adds a building block for next year when Durant and others become available. They know they'll have someone to play with and depending on the development of Randle, our picks, and even more salary cap space, it could be a position a free agent would find appealing.

PG: Rajon Rondo/ Jordan Clarkson/ Ronnie Price
SG: Kobe Bryant/ Wayne Ellington/
SF: Wesley Johnson/ Nick Young/ Rondae-Hollis Jefferson (HOU)
PF: Julius Randle/ Ed Davis/ Ryan Kelly/
C: Jahlil Okafor (or Towns)/ Jordan Hill/ Tarik Black

Then after the year you have 35+ million in cap space, Rondo, Okafor and Randle development and maybe Kobe sticking around an extra season as bait for a guy like Durant.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers