John Ireland: Jordan Hill a prime candidate to be traded

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: John Ireland: Jordan Hill a prime candidate to be traded 

Post#21 » by LApwnd » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Slava wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Between Hill and Lin, that's almost 20m in expirings. If they can convince Hill to agree of course.

Indipendently, they may not be worth much. But together, they may be fairly attractive.

But to get a high draft pick, we'll likely have to take bad some questionable contracts.

It's always a risk. But there might be a deal or two out there.

I wouldn't mind taking a bad contract for next season if that means we can get a good pick. Those are the kind of deals we should be pitching our expiring contracts for.

that is the common sense plan that most team would approach but ours seem to think Lakers luster will always shine through and we should preserve our cap at all cost cause one of these summers our FA target will finally sign here :lol:
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#22 » by ALL HAIL » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:48 pm

The real question: Who has the cap space to absorb Hill or the expirings to send back to LA?

Otherwise any deal involving Hill will involve a big contract coming back?

I don't see a team out there that is pining for Jordan Hill to the point that they'd throw the Lakers a first round pick or a young, talented player.

You could just "give" him away, but that wouldn't be good business at all.

Another option is to attach Nick Young to Hill's friendly deal to rid ourselves of Young's bad contract--yes, nobody wants Young, so he's a bad contract.

I've never known the Lakers to dump the salaries of talented, valuable players (Hill), so it'd be hard to imagine this organization trading a guy just to insure having a worse team after the trade. I just can't imagine that at all.

What's more realistic is to trade Hill's good contract to a team that's looking to shed salary; ...

... obviously, I still like the Lopez deal.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#23 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:52 pm

OKC is the only team that comes to mind, but then again i doubt they'd give up much to get him.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#24 » by Kilroy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Hill to Cleveland for Varajao and a bunch of 2nds is the best I can come up with without a 3rd team.

Houston has a first they don't really need but they have no bad contracts other than Howard. Same with OKC... Unless Ibaka, Durant or Westbrook want out.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#25 » by EArl » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:20 pm

I could have told you that.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#26 » by LApwnd » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:25 pm

EArl wrote:I could have told you that.

Hill could've told you that the way his contract was constructed :lol:
Loyal Laker Guy
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#27 » by Loyal Laker Guy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Toronto would seem a logical trading partner. They could use Hill's energy off the bench, he could provide quality minutes backing up the 4 & 5, and provide insurance if they don't sign Amir Johnson who is a free agent. Lakers could also include Wes Johnson as Toronto good use some help at SF.

Raptors have plenty of expiring contracts none of which are vital rotation guys (Fields 6 mil, Hayes 6 mil, Hansbrough 3 mil, and Stiemsma 1 mil).

Even if the Raptors won't include Ross, they do have their 1st this year and 2 1st rounders next year. Would love to get Ross but another 1st could be very beneficial. If you can't pick up at least a 1st for Hill you keep him to provide depth next year.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#28 » by Mamba Venom » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:02 pm

Hill could help a # of teams. I think he could really help the Thunder. Perk kills them.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#29 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:42 am

Hill would be a very nice backup big for a good team, kinda like Pat Patterson. It's really too bad his help D is so bad, otherwise he'd make an OK starter.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers