ImageImageImageImageImage

Ed Davis' Future

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Ed Davis' Future 

Post#1 » by ALL HAIL » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:57 am

I know it's too early to tell, but if the Lakers brought Hill back next year and also drafted Towns, do you think he'd be brought back and at what price?

Where/how does he fit with Randle long term?

Does Davis' future, more than likely, reside elsewhere?
cashflo
Senior
And1: 130

Re: Ed Davis' Future 

Post#2 » by cashflo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 am

You forgot to mention Tarik Black who is signed to next year so he doesn't look to be coming back. Trade him now if you can get something back.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by ALL HAIL » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:25 am

Tarik Black isn't a free agent this summer?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:51 am

He'd be pretty nice off the bench. Probably adequate as the center next to Randle. (not really for a really good team)

He'd probably demand a bigger contract. It'd be tough to win for a year and retain capspace next offseason. Maybe sign a relative big one year deal?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#5 » by Laker_Kid » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:43 am

ed seems to me like the guy who can play both pf and c off the bench to form a 3 headed big man rotation. i would really like for him and Tarik to back Randle and our future C.

Sent from my LG-D802 using RealGM Forums mobile app
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#6 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:23 am

Sign him up 3 years:) see what happens
Bring back Defense
EdXDavis21
Banned User
And1: 138

Post#7 » by EdXDavis21 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:35 am

If Scott keeps giving Sacre more minutes over Davis... and keeps Davis on the bench at the end of games.... he will for sure bolt in the summer.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#8 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:41 am

davis will surely opt out and sign a better contract
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#9 » by Pointgod » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:40 pm

Why the hell would the Lakers bring Jordan Hill back? The only thing he does for this team is act as trade bait
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#10 » by LApwnd » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:18 pm

EdXDavis21 wrote:If Scott keeps giving Sacre more minutes over Davis... and keeps Davis on the bench at the end of games.... he will for sure bolt in the summer.

just lowering his asking price bro :lol: can't have him playing and posting crazy #'s and then ask for 10mill/yr
EdXDavis21
Banned User

Post#11 » by EdXDavis21 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:29 pm

^ better solution is to trade Sacre/Hill and let Black/Davis get most of the minutes... I don't think Davis playing or not is gonna have Impact in his value... everyone knows hes a talented big-man... and if he bolts because of Scott.... I will be very upset.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#12 » by LApwnd » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:33 pm

EdXDavis21 wrote:^ better solution is to trade Sacre/Hill and let Black/Davis get most of the minutes... I don't think Davis playing or not is gonna have Impact in his value... everyone knows hes a talented big-man... and if he bolts because of Scott.... I will be very upset.

talented is a stretch....given your SN I assume you're a big fan of his. But facts are facts, he's a very limited offensive player, he is more of a high motor garbage man with some solid shot blocking ability and above avg. offensive rebounder. If EVERYONE knows he's a talented big man as you say he would not have signed the deal he did with us, he would've gotten much bigger/better offers than that. I know why he signed here, its def. not cause he liked this team he is using us for the spot light to up his money next year.
EdXDavis21
Banned User

Post#13 » by EdXDavis21 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:39 pm

You have to consider the fact that he's been playing out of position most of the season.... and he is not limited offensively.... the reason that you think he is is because the Lakers don't usually try to post him up or use him down-low....
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#14 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:42 pm

So do you guys think Davis is a legit starter in this league? I have my doubts, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

My feeling is if the rest of the team was better, Davis wouldn't look so good.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#15 » by LApwnd » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:45 pm

EdXDavis21 wrote:You have to consider the fact that he's been playing out of position most of the season.... and he is not limited offensively.... the reason that you think he is is because the Lakers don't usually try to post him up or use him down-low....

The reason I think he is because of his Tor/Mem time.....he does not have a jump shot, his post moves are avg. at best. He's never avg. more then 10pts in his career, let me guess Tor also F with him too? I don't count what he did in Mem as he played behind some talented bigs but he had 3 years to prove something in Tor, and his stats were nothing to brag about.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by ALL HAIL » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Kilroy wrote:So do you guys think Davis is a legit starter in this league? I have my doubts, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

His best role, to me, on a championship-level team, is as a 20-25 minute a game backup center.

Think less talented Bison Dele on that Chicago championship team.

He could be more than that, but I think he's best used as an undersized, shot blocking, spark plug center--some nights he'd get big minutes, other nights he wouldn't.

He'll fetch a cool 7 mill a year this summer IMO.
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Re: Re: Ed Davis' Future 

Post#17 » by Marionettetc » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Kilroy wrote:So do you guys think Davis is a legit starter in this league? I have my doubts, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I think you're mostly right. I think he could start on a team flush with gunners who don't play any defense, but I think his impact defensively (mind you I'm a big fan of his work this season with us) alone doesn't warrant a starting spot.

I see him as a poor man's rodman type of player.
EdXDavis21
Banned User

Post#18 » by EdXDavis21 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:30 pm

For the person who said... Davis being in TOR was nothing to brag about... but look at his amazing stretch before they shipped him to MEM.... till this day... Raptor fans are still mad at Colangelo... he was averaging like 14/10 before they gave him away in the Gay trade..... he is a talented skilled big-man even more talented then Hassan Whiteside.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#19 » by LApwnd » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:41 pm

EdXDavis21 wrote:For the person who said... Davis being in TOR was nothing to brag about... but look at his amazing stretch before they shipped him to MEM.... till this day... Raptor fans are still mad at Colangelo... he was averaging like 14/10 before they gave him away in the Gay trade..... he is a talented skilled big-man even more talented then Hassan Whiteside.

everybody has good stretches bro, good players tend to keep it going and or overcome disadvantages....as a comparison look at what Varajao did 2 seasons ago at the start of the season before being out for the year, is he a "talented" big?
EdXDavis21
Banned User

Post#20 » by EdXDavis21 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:57 pm

Not sure why you would bring up Vajerao.... my point is that Davis has proven he can play at a high level... even with a playoff team which TOR was when they traded Davis to MEM..... Davis has always made Impact no matter what... I think the fact that he's still producing solid #'s despite the fact he's playing out of position says it all.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers