ImageImageImageImageImage

GT - LAL vs CHI - Thu 01/29/15 7:30pm TNT

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

NoseBleedLakers
Lead Assistant
And1: 343

Re: GT - LAL vs CHI - Thu 01/29/15 7:30pm TNT 

Post#181 » by NoseBleedLakers » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:31 am

Well damn, Jordan Hill trying to get his ass traded to a contender or something being showcased on national TV tonight :lol:
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#182 » by Laker_Kid » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:32 am

sacre hill ellington jclark ftw.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#183 » by TyCobb » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:33 am

Barkley is such a Lakers hater. :lol:
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#184 » by Slava » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:35 am

Barkley :lol:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#185 » by Kilroy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:38 am

Clarkson played like our best PG tonight... And I'd start Ellington over Swaggy too... I'm actually afraid Clark, Ell, Wes, Kelly, Hill, might win us some games down the stretch...
Coach gotta forget everything he saw tonight.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,285

Post#186 » by Jedi32 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,285

Post#187 » by Jedi32 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:40 am

I know we're going for the tank but I still enjoyed this win.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#188 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:42 am

ALL HAIL wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:
makaveli_99 wrote:
who do you like now? I have a feeling atl peaked too early. Raps won't go anywhere, either will Wash.

I think it comes down to cle and chicago
The Hawks will get a dose of reality when the playoffs hit, they lack a go to scorer when the games get tight. I don't believe in them at all. I don't like anyone as a clear cut in the east right now, but when the time comes no team has a LeBron James. If he gets pissed and just goes for it, I can't see him being denied.

Anyone of Milsap, Horford, or Teague can get their shot when they want it DEEP. They're just supremely unselfish.

You don't win 31 of 33 games using smoke and mirrors.
But the problem AH is that of the 3 only Teague is a creator off the dribble. The other 2 needs movement from the system to create the shots. When the possessions slow to a halt, the Hawks will struggle to create because the better teams will shade to Teague to get the ball out his hands thus placing more pressure on the non creators of the team to facilitate movement.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#189 » by bws94 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:51 am

Laker_Kid wrote:gotta commend coach scott. i think his rotation this game was solid.

I totally disagree. Hill bailed Scott out and I think Rose had a really bad game. But, I like that an unlikely lineup won the game.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#190 » by TyCobb » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:52 am

bws94 wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:gotta commend coach scott. i think his rotation this game was solid.

I totally disagree. Hill bailed Scott out and I think Rose had a really bad game. But, I like that an unlikely lineup won the game.

Which is good, cause other games Hill shoots us out of it.

Enjoy the win dude.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#191 » by Slava » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:56 am

bws94 wrote:

Ofcourse you do. Scott could cure cancer and end world hunger and you'd still disagree.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#192 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:58 am

Now thoughts on this Bulls team....

I've seen them now enough to know that they're going to have a hard time this playoffs. Starting with their offense, it's unimaginative and lacks a pure and concise structure of what they want to do each possession. They can't just dump it to Gasol because the over usage will lead to stalling their flow....and he's not that player anymore. Other than that all their offense is basically a simple motion, pass and flare away offense. The ball goes to Rose, or Butler for just pounding the ball for a jumper.

And the Bulls defense is a shell of the hawking D they use to employ, yeah stats may prove or show it to be elite but numbers are a facade. The Warriors basically chewed them up all game but the Bulls won....their defense didn't stifle the Warrior nor the Lakers for that matter.

It's hard to believe in a lot of these eastern teams records especially when they've feasted on the weakest teams in the league in the east. When I've seen the Bulls play the better teams of the league they look off beat and you see the weakness clear as day from their starting 5 to bench.

It's like I always say teams operate in a 4-5 year window, they've used a good part of that window. In 3 years or so this team will start it's decline.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
bws94
Head Coach

Post#193 » by bws94 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 am

Slava wrote:
bws94 wrote:

Ofcourse you do. Scott could cure cancer and end world hunger and you'd still disagree.

No, not at all. I think Scott stinks as a coach and didn't coach that well tonight either. He got lucky and I credit the players out there, Hill, Ellington, Clarkson, even Sacre, the bench in the first half. Even the announcers were saying the ball was sticky with so many Laker possessions late. It just so happened that Hill, Ellington hit big timely shots. I don't credit Scott for much in this game.
bws94
Head Coach

Post#194 » by bws94 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:07 am

TyCobb wrote:
bws94 wrote:

Which is good, cause other games Hill shoots us out of it.

Enjoy the win dude.

I enjoyed the way the guys played. And Hill was great. But Scott, no, I don't think he did well.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#195 » by Slava » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:12 am

bws94 wrote:
Slava wrote:
bws94 wrote:

No, not at all. I think Scott stinks as a coach and didn't coach that well tonight either. He got lucky and I credit the players out there, Hill, Ellington, Clarkson, even Sacre, the bench in the first half. Even the announcers were saying the ball was sticky with so many Laker possessions late. It just so happened that Hill, Ellington hit big timely shots. I don't credit Scott for much in this game.

Well, his agenda is to get certain players the proper game time and expose them to certain situations and let them handle it. That's why he kept Clarkson in the game even when he couldn't handle the ball pressure. That's part of learning on the job and he pulled off a win while playing the guys he wanted to play and guys redeemed themselves.

At this time its pretty obvious that what suits the Lakers fans isn't the same as what suits you so your opinion on the coach is probably very far from ours.
bws94
Head Coach

Post#196 » by bws94 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:17 am

Slava wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Slava wrote:

Well, his agenda is to get certain players the proper game time and expose them to certain situations and let them handle it. That's why he kept Clarkson in the game even when he couldn't handle the ball pressure. That's part of learning on the job and he pulled off a win while playing the guys he wanted to play and guys redeemed themselves.

At this time its pretty obvious that what suits the Lakers fans isn't the same as what suits you so your opinion on the coach is probably very far from ours.

I don't think he is a good coach and plenty of Lakers fans don't either. I thought the OT lineups weren't the best but the team got lucky. Boozer doesn't enter the game with Sacre out although Sacre really stepped up this game. Clarkson playing so many minutes so quickly, is his body ready for it? I hope so. And on and on.

But, look, the team won. I think it was because they really played hard and showed some determination and made big plays. But you can have Scott. I don't dislike him as a person, just as a coach.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#197 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:21 am

bws94 wrote:
I hate that term and quite frankly I disagreed with Harlan harping on that. Everybody is so enthralled with this come down and pull jumper after jumper after jumper that they can't realize at times you have to be methodical in your offense when it lacks a creator like Kobe or one from the post.

So now when they see the shot clock at say even 10 seconds they claim the ball is sticking....that's bs in some cases.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#198 » by mcscotty » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:26 am

Great game. We've beaten some solid teams this year. We've got something here.
Drones
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#199 » by Drones » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:53 am

Xs and Os notwithstanding, I have to give Coach Scott credit for keeping guys motivated even in this lottery season.

Just look at the Nuggets tonight, they came out and looked like they didn't care at all. While the Lakers came out pushing the pace, and stayed calm when they lost the lead late in the 4th. Then minus some weird iso-ball at times, the Lakers executed throughout double overtime.

Even Sacre had some moments, he's not a very skilled player but he goes full throttle at all times. Had a huge block, as did Hill.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#200 » by Sofa King » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:59 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CekXo40N-g[/youtube]

Return to Los Angeles Lakers