LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: 76ers---fire sale???? 

Post#61 » by LApwnd » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:19 pm

BullyKing wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
The idea that Embiid is a better prospect than anyone in this draft is at worst debateable. How can you accuse him of unrealistic homerism when you're the one who thought No. 1 for Embiid AND No. 3 is a real proposal. I mean, I guess if you're comparing it to Hill + HOU 1st but still.

maybe because that's been your analystical GM goal all along, to get the #1 pick eventually with all his tanking. Maybe he would want that all cost or maybe he doesn't, and its not "at worst" debatable.....everyone coming into this draft is already better then Embiid for the simple fact they don't have question marks in regard to injury, whenever Embiid actually steps foot on the court and actually shows what he's made off, then everyone is on the same lvl playing field with exception of this new crop who doesn't have any injury concerns. Dude was already having to sit out games due to his back being tired and that's college ball, imagine what the NBA rigors will do to him.

Alright, we get it, a guy who was injured in college is worse than every other player available in the draft. Well Randle couldn't make it through one half of an NBA game so I guess you'll take a future second round pick for him. It's just like last year with everyone calling Noel injury prone and worthless yet constantly proposing for their team to trade for him.

sure you can have Randle for your 2nd, as long as you we can send Clipps 2nd for Embiid :D, since both have leg issues but Randle doesn't have a back problem to add to his list. This response was in jest bro, I certainly did not expect #1 for 3/embiid to happen, was just a suggestion...every homer will make trades in favor of their own team. But I don't see the "embiid is better than everyone in this draft' argument" in regards to his injury status, not that I think he's worthless like your example of Noel.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#62 » by BullyKing » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:20 pm

TyCobb wrote:
BullyKing wrote:That wasn't me and frankly I didn't understand what that meant. I do think it would be fair to say to those thinking Hill and HOU 1st or No. 1 for Embiid and No. 3 are being crazy unrealistic but I acknowledge that the majority of Lakers fan in this thread aren't in that group.

Yeah, that wasn't you. But that setting the straight wasn't directed specifically to you, just Sixers fans in general.

Last time we had a fanbase come in and set us straight was Suns fans about Dragic and we all know how that turned out.

Yeah, that's cool. I honestly don't think the Lakers and Sixers match up well for any draft day trade since you're talking about two teams that need pretty much everything.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#63 » by TyCobb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:21 pm

LApwnd wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
maybe because that's been your analystical GM goal all along, to get the #1 pick eventually with all his tanking. Maybe he would want that all cost or maybe he doesn't, and its not "at worst" debatable.....everyone coming into this draft is already better then Embiid for the simple fact they don't have question marks in regard to injury, whenever Embiid actually steps foot on the court and actually shows what he's made off, then everyone is on the same lvl playing field with exception of this new crop who doesn't have any injury concerns. Dude was already having to sit out games due to his back being tired and that's college ball, imagine what the NBA rigors will do to him.

Alright, we get it, a guy who was injured in college is worse than every other player available in the draft. Well Randle couldn't make it through one half of an NBA game so I guess you'll take a future second round pick for him. It's just like last year with everyone calling Noel injury prone and worthless yet constantly proposing for their team to trade for him.

sure you can have Randle for your 2nd, as long as you we can send Clipps 2nd for Embiid :D, since both have leg issues but Randle doesn't have a back problem to add to his list.

He does have a foot problem instead of the back problem.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#64 » by LApwnd » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:24 pm

TyCobb wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

sure you can have Randle for your 2nd, as long as you we can send Clipps 2nd for Embiid :D, since both have leg issues but Randle doesn't have a back problem to add to his list.

I thought they both had some sort of hairline fracture?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#65 » by TyCobb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:39 pm

LApwnd wrote:
TyCobb wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

So was your point Embiid has 3 different injuries to Randle's 2? :lol:
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#66 » by LApwnd » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:40 pm

TyCobb wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
TyCobb wrote:

no, I thought Randle had 1 (foot) to Embiid 2 (foot and back).....did I miss Randle other injury?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#67 » by TyCobb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:43 pm

LApwnd wrote:
TyCobb wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

no, I thought Randle had 1 (foot) to Embiid 2 (foot and back).....did I miss Randle other injury?

The one where he broke his leg in the first game of the season? Yeah, probably. lol
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#68 » by LApwnd » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:47 pm

TyCobb wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
TyCobb wrote:

The one where he broke his leg in the first game of the season? Yeah, probably. lol

k that then lol, I don't really consider the screw in his a foot an "injury" yet until it actually makes him miss games so I'm just miswording my injuries :lol:
ratedrdb
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#69 » by ratedrdb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:58 pm

yeah this thread has took off... well I say that we dont know till after the lottery what the sixers will do..and us for that matter.. we have to get a top 4 pick r our pick goes to the sixers

Return to Los Angeles Lakers