ImageImageImageImageImage

Is There a Point in Kobe?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Re: Is There a Point in Kobe? 

Post#21 » by ALL HAIL » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:58 pm

Are you implying that Russell has nothing to learn from Kobe (the facilitator) that will be of benefit?

If not, what are you saying exactly?
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#22 » by Michael Lucky » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:26 pm

He'll be the facilitator for a few games until he goes back to doing what he always does. I have no interest in watching this team try something that everyone knows is doom to fail. Not to mention he's not a great facilitator to begin with when he does take on that role. He forces things way too much which is also something I don't want Russell to learn from.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#23 » by ALL HAIL » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:40 am

Michael Lucky wrote:He'll be the facilitator for a few games until he goes back to doing what he always does. I have no interest in watching this team try something that everyone knows is doom to fail. Not to mention he's not a great facilitator to begin with when he does take on that role. He forces things way too much which is also something I don't want Russell to learn from.

I suppose you'd rather someone jump out the stands and "Monica Seles" Kobe in the back of the knee?

As long as Kobe is unretired and unmaimed, this is the best role for him and the team's overall chemistry.

Do you have any ideas that are better, more realistic?

Let me guess, if you don't pray for him to get hurt, you probably want him to come off the bench or continue in his off-ball shooting role?
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#24 » by gts1 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:46 am

Kobe has a ton to offer the kids on the team, don't question that for a second...

you don't stay at the top of the NBA heap as a player for as long as Kobe did by accident or "natural talents " alone... even if he never spoke a single word to them just watching how he goes about his prep and approaches the game would be a better learning experience than they'd get otherwise. All they got to do is pay attention and listen to what he has to say and they'll be getting an education few young NBA players get
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#25 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:18 am

^
Yeah like his comments about how they are learning through his bricking of shots.

The idea of having young players learn from greats is good, if you completely ignore that players personality or mindset.

ALL HAIL wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:He'll be the facilitator for a few games until he goes back to doing what he always does. I have no interest in watching this team try something that everyone knows is doom to fail. Not to mention he's not a great facilitator to begin with when he does take on that role. He forces things way too much which is also something I don't want Russell to learn from.

I suppose you'd rather someone jump out the stands and "Monica Seles" Kobe in the back of the knee?

As long as Kobe is unretired and unmaimed, this is the best role for him and the team's overall chemistry.

Do you have any ideas that are better, more realistic?

Let me guess, if you don't pray for him to get hurt, you probably want him to come off the bench or continue in his off-ball shooting role?

Yes in a perfect world he'd be retired already. In a perfect world with him playing he'd be a catch and shoot player not a let's increase his usage rate player like you're suggesting which would only make things worse and probably get him injured quicker.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers