Your Off Season White Board

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: Your Off Season White Board 

Post#41 » by crazyeights » Tue Apr 7, 2015 4:58 pm

This season Wiggins played double the minutes at SG than he did at SF.

Never really saw him as an SF. At least for now, he's too small.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,441

Post#42 » by Slava » Tue Apr 7, 2015 5:08 pm

Some Wolves poster on the general pointed out that Pek is considering medical retirement, Minnesota desperately need a good center even with him. Their big board is probably Towns > Okafor > Winslow > WCS.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#43 » by LApwnd » Tue Apr 7, 2015 5:58 pm

Slava wrote:Some Wolves poster on the general pointed out that Pek is considering medical retirement, Minnesota desperately need a good center even with him. Their big board is probably Towns > Okafor > Winslow > WCS.

Minn fans just being hopeful cause they know Pek is unmovable :lol:
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#44 » by scoobs07 » Tue Apr 7, 2015 10:18 pm

LApwnd wrote:
crazyeights wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
Minn stays at 2.....unlikely but there is a slim chance they might like Russell better there if he show well at camp. Mainly due to them having Dieng/Pekovic at the C spot....maybe they don't want to develop another big and like some have said Pekovic value is at all time low and I doubt many will trade for Pek w/o having Minn give them major assets to move the contract with Minn would not do.

So you think they'd rather develop Dieng/Pek over Wiggins/Rubio/LaVine/Muhammad?

I'm still thinking you draft that big on a rookie deal and do what you have to do with Pek or Dieng.

Anywho, a lot could change by June. Will be interesting to see.

well Pek is no longer a developing player, I just meant they might see Pek as a staple now, not cause he's great but his contract will be difficult to move due to his injury problems and Dieng is still being developed. Like I said HIGHLY unlikely but the slim chance they get a Guard that shoot/create like Russell might be more appealing to them. I see Wiggins more as a SF for them, same goes for Shabazz....Lavine will be deciding factor. If they don't think he can be a long term solution then Russell will def. be on their radar, especially if KAT is the 1st pick. Minn with Pek has always had problems with paint protection and interior D, with how Okafor is being described defensively I would think he's not the solution to their problem.
Okafor has a 9-3 standing reach, I think he will be good for at lease 1.5 bpg. Him and Dieng would be a pretty good shot blocking duo imo. The problem is when they had Love and Pek.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by crazyeights » Tue Apr 7, 2015 10:44 pm

LApwnd wrote:
crazyeights wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
Minn stays at 2.....unlikely but there is a slim chance they might like Russell better there if he show well at camp. Mainly due to them having Dieng/Pekovic at the C spot....maybe they don't want to develop another big and like some have said Pekovic value is at all time low and I doubt many will trade for Pek w/o having Minn give them major assets to move the contract with Minn would not do.

So you think they'd rather develop Dieng/Pek over Wiggins/Rubio/LaVine/Muhammad?

I'm still thinking you draft that big on a rookie deal and do what you have to do with Pek or Dieng.

well Pek is no longer a developing player, I just meant they might see Pek as a staple now, not cause he's great but his contract will be difficult to move due to his injury problems and Dieng is still being developed.

Yes, but wouldn't that make you NEED to draft a center if you have Pek?

1) He's had the injury bug
2) The cheapest way to replace him would be to draft a big (and this draft just so happens to have a few to choose from in their projected range

As for drafting a PG it's totally possible (as Rubio has already proven to be solid but not great), but if they get a top 2 pick, I don't see how going big isn't a perfect fit for them. But we'll see in June.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#46 » by LApwnd » Tue Apr 7, 2015 10:47 pm

crazyeights wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
crazyeights wrote:

well Pek is no longer a developing player, I just meant they might see Pek as a staple now, not cause he's great but his contract will be difficult to move due to his injury problems and Dieng is still being developed.

2) The cheapest way to replace him would be to draft a big (and this draft just so happens to have a few to choose from in their projected range

As for drafting a PG it's totally possible (as Rubio has already proven to be solid but not great), but if they get a top 2 pick, I don't see how going big isn't a perfect fit for them. But we'll see in June.

but now you have a 11/12 mill backup sitting on the bench, how do you raise his value if he doesn't get to play? And how do you play him to raise value and not stunt the rookie growth of the big? Just minor details but its something you have to consider and teams have done that before as far as drafting need over BPA.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by crazyeights » Tue Apr 7, 2015 11:02 pm

LApwnd wrote:
crazyeights wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

but now you have a 11/12 mill backup sitting on the bench, how do you raise his value if he doesn't get to play? And how do you play him to raise value and not stunt the rookie growth of the big? Just minor details but its something you have to consider and teams have done that before as far as drafting need over BPA.

I would think the rising cap can't hurt. Sometimes you just have to eat a contract. IF he really is going to be perpetually injured they really don't have a choice. If he's able to play you start him until the young big is ready, and then pass the torch.

Under the new cap, though, 11/12 mil won't be the death knell it once was....Especially since Pek and Rubio's could be their largest contracts on the books with all of those rookie deals.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#48 » by Karmaloop » Tue Apr 7, 2015 11:17 pm

Slava wrote:Some Wolves poster on the general pointed out that Pek is considering medical retirement, Minnesota desperately need a good center even with him. Their big board is probably Towns > Okafor > Winslow > WCS.

They were taking a big man either way. They weren't taking Mudiay, especially after they gave Rubio that contract extension. Their board likely looks 1/2 KAT/Okafor, 3 Russell, and 4 Winslow, and 5 Mudiay.
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#49 » by miggs » Wed Apr 8, 2015 12:56 am

I'm dying waiting for May to arrive already!!! :banghead:

May 12-17 -- 2015 NBA Draft Combine (on court portion May 14-15)

May 19 -- 2015 NBA Draft Lottery

In 42 days we'll know just where we stand in the draft or if we even have a lottery pick at all.
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
miggs
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by miggs » Wed Apr 8, 2015 12:59 am

Can't see them not picking a big, then again this is the same franchise that took Rubio and Flynn so who knows. In any case, we gotta hope we make a jump because picking at 4 is tough then again last year I thought we were screwed with a pick as low as 7th, and luckily that landed us Randle so we'll have to see what happens I guess.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,671

Post#51 » by Pointgod » Wed Apr 8, 2015 1:46 am

The Wolves will take a big. How stupid do you have to be to pass up on a superstar big man for Pekovic?
miggs
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by miggs » Wed Apr 8, 2015 2:56 am

While I agree, this is the Wolves we're talking about, we'll have to see what happens.
LAL8KB24
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#53 » by LAL8KB24 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 9:46 am

Draft:
If the Lakers get number 1 pick they should draft KAT in my opinion. If it's any lower then they should draft Mario Hezonja. I watched him a lot and he has crazy potential.
I don't really like Okafor because he has problems playing againts better players and he is onedimensional. Russell is good but I don't have a good feeling about him, and same goes for Mudiay. Another player I like is Winslow because he showed a lot in tournament.

Free agency:
If they do get first pick they should maybe try and sign some SF like T. Harris.
If they draf Hezonja or Winslow then they should draft Greg Monroe. I think there is no chance they sign Jordan or Gasol. If not Monroe then some other C.

Lineup for next season:
PG: Clarkson/Lin(although I think they should try and trade him)/Price
SG: Bryant/Young/Ellington
SF: Hezonja(he is SG but he can play SF or Winslow or Harris)/Johnson
PF: Randle/Davis/Boozer/Kelly(trade him also)
C: KAT(or Monroe or some other FA)/Hill/Black/Sacre(also trade him)

Also hire Mike Malone I like what he did with Kings. But they fired him?

I belive that this team can fight for playoffs (probably not make it because they are in west). So from 8th to 11th place.
lelelazza8
Junior
And1: 15

Post#54 » by lelelazza8 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 2:43 pm

My dreams... post ncaa tournament...

Draft
3rd pick: K.A. Towns - Rookie scale 3'818'900 $ (sign at 120 % 4'582'680 $)
28th pick: K.Dunn - Rookie scale 957'200 $ (sign at 100%)
34th pick: C.McCullough - Rookie min 525'093 $

Trade
Kelly for heavy-protected 2nd round pick to clear cap space...

Players under contract
Kobe 25'000'000 $
N.Young 5'219'169 $
Randle 3'132'240 $
Clarkson 845'059 $
Black 845'059 $
Jab.Brown 845'059 $
Sacre 981'348 $

TOTAL 42'932'907 $

Free Agency
sign Kawhi Leonard Max contract 71'124'926 $/ 4 years (1st year 16'625'000 $)
sign Danny Green 30'000'000/ 4 years (1st years 7'000'000 $)
sign at vet min Hansbrough and L.Fields
sign with room exc CJ Watson (1+1 player option)

Towns/Black/Sacre
Randle/Hansbrough/McCullough
Leonard/N.Young/L.Fields
Kobe/D.Green/Jab.Brown
CJ Watson/Clarkson/Dunn
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#55 » by LApwnd » Wed Apr 8, 2015 5:31 pm

crazyeights wrote:
Under the new cap, though, 11/12 mil won't be the death knell it once was....Especially since Pek and Rubio's could be their largest contracts on the books with all of those rookie deals.

overall its just me hoping something falls our way for once :lol: ....this year has been much worse than after Magic retired to me anyway and the fact that we're not even guaranteed to keep our pick makes it so much worse. If we do not land one of the 2 bigs, I don't think we're much further away than the 3yr window Jim used to limit his tenure.
cashflo
Senior
And1: 130

Post#56 » by cashflo » Wed Apr 8, 2015 7:39 pm

lelelazza8 wrote:My dreams... post ncaa tournament...

Draft
3rd pick: K.A. Towns - Rookie scale 3'818'900 $ (sign at 120 % 4'582'680 $)
28th pick: K.Dunn - Rookie scale 957'200 $ (sign at 100%)
34th pick: C.McCullough - Rookie min 525'093 $

Trade
Kelly for heavy-protected 2nd round pick to clear cap space...

Players under contract
Kobe 25'000'000 $
N.Young 5'219'169 $
Randle 3'132'240 $
Clarkson 845'059 $
Black 845'059 $
Jab.Brown 845'059 $
Sacre 981'348 $

TOTAL 42'932'907 $

Free Agency
sign Kawhi Leonard Max contract 71'124'926 $/ 4 years (1st year 16'625'000 $)
sign Danny Green 30'000'000/ 4 years (1st years 7'000'000 $)
sign at vet min Hansbrough and L.Fields
sign with room exc CJ Watson (1+1 player option)

Towns/Black/Sacre
Randle/Hansbrough/McCullough
Leonard/N.Young/L.Fields
Kobe/D.Green/Jab.Brown
CJ Watson/Clarkson/Dunn

I like but I think upper RGA's this summer will get matched due it becoming a good deal when TV money rolls in.. So Leanard/Butler will be no go..

I think something like this is more doable..
Kobe/Ellington
Clarkson/Price
Randle/Harris
Black/Davis
Gasol/Towns

Trade Kelly/ Swaggy and first pick to open up some $$
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#57 » by LApwnd » Wed Apr 8, 2015 8:00 pm

Pointgod wrote:The Wolves will take a big. How stupid do you have to be to pass up on a superstar big man for Pekovic?

they traded for T. Young thinking he was the answer to Love replacement and subsequently traded him away for a farewell KG sendoff....just saying bro
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#58 » by Penberthy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Clarkson Stephenson Tyus Jones
Kobe Stephenson Jabari
Harris Young #56
Randle Black Kelly
TownsOrOkafor Kaman Dakari Sacre

Clarkson Stephenson Jones
Harris Stephenson
Durant Young #56
Randle Black Kelly
TownsOkafor Kaman Dakari
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#59 » by tugs » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:03 am

I know the last game was against Minny but you really can't teach 'instinct', which this group has shown. It's a win they signed these young guns through next year. I think they'll be able to compete with this bunch.

Clarkson
Bryant/Brown
Young
Kelly/Randle/Davis
Black/Hill/Sacre

If Lakers get top 2, they can't go wrong with either Okafor or Towns. It will just be a matter of fit, combining which players play better with who.

If they drop to 4 or 5, I'd target Winslow or Johnson. Can't go wrong with defensive studs who can also provide points off transition and can shoot some (Winslow can improve for sure).

I'm all for re-signing Davis, Lin, Johnson, and Buycks. Would target LMA, Gasol, Jordan, Monroe if we don't land top 2 and Leonard (I wish), Middleton, Green, in that order, if we get Towns or Okafor.

With Top 2:

Lin/Clarkson/Buycks
Bryant/Brown
(Leonard,Middleton,Green)/W.Johnson/Young
Kelly/Randle/Davis
(Towns,Okafor)/Hill/Black/Sacre

With top 5:
Lin/Clarkson/Buycks
Bryant/Brown
W.Johnson/(Winslow,S.Johnson)/Young
(LMA,Monroe)/Randle/Kelly/Davis
(Gasol,Jordan)/Hill/Black/Sacre

Only spot not having a player of natural position is PG but hey, if your lead guard can't create for himself then you have a lapse in offense. Interesting also that most can play multiple positions. Would be a match up nightmare.

That could be the most complete line-up we've ever had since the last championship run. I would prefer drafting top 2 though. You just can't miss that. And putting Clarkson and the rest of the youn guns play in the 2nd unit ensures stability, having played with each other (this season). And as much as I like Young's game when he's on, I don't want him taking minutes away from anyone.

My fingers are crossed on the first scenario. :pray:
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Westbrook & K Love Summer Plan 

Post#60 » by One Love » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:39 pm

Alright, although this may be a stretch, there is some traction... KD isn't happy in OKC & has the ability to leave in a year... OKC needs to keep KD happy or he bolts for Washington... Westbrook is an LA guy & K Love loves LA & has a solid relationship with Westbrook... Lakers send Randle, Clarkson, Hill & 1st pick for Weatbrook (other pieces may be involved)... Next, we sign K Love in free agency... We use the Houston pick on Hollis Jefferson & two 2nd round picks on some roll players & sign Asik... Lineup is as follows:

PG: Westbrook & Tyus (Duke)
SG: KB24 & LeVert (Mich)
SF: Hollis Jefferson & Young
PF: K Love & Knight
C: Asik & Stansbrook (Black)

If you want to move the post I understand but I do think these moves are realistic as Randle, Clarkson & a 1st is solid value for Westbrook... If KD says he is leaving than it may be fair value for him... Lakeshow has a history of swinging for the fences...

Lakeshow Baby...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers