And1: 1,570

Julius Randle and Booze playing video games 

Post#1 » by aw8 » Mon Apr 6, 2015 6:12 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwgwefavRVo[/youtube]
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#2 » by Laker_Kid » Mon Apr 6, 2015 7:10 pm

i find it interesting that boozer preferred to stay and seems to be fond of the team
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Re: 

Post#3 » by Slava » Mon Apr 6, 2015 7:19 pm

Laker_Kid wrote:i find it interesting that boozer preferred to stay and seems to be fond of the team

His agent basically got us to bid for him, no wonder. I guess he loves LA.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: Re: 

Post#4 » by LApwnd » Mon Apr 6, 2015 7:56 pm

think he's worth bringing back if we're to be competitive next yr, if anything he would serve to be a great player to practice against for Randle, Boozer post moves are pretty advanced even in his old age. Given Randle height, Boozer is a great model to copy offensively as Boozer has lots of little quirks in his post game to get around bigger players.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Slava » Mon Apr 6, 2015 8:00 pm

LApwnd wrote:think he's worth bringing back if we're to be competitive next yr, if anything he would serve to be a great player to practice against for Randle, Boozer post moves are pretty advanced even in his old age. Given Randle height, Boozer is a great model to copy offensively as Boozer has lots of little quirks in his post game to get around bigger players.

If we bring him back we keep stalling Kelly's development, especially after he's done a total 180 since moving back to PF.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#6 » by LApwnd » Mon Apr 6, 2015 8:02 pm

Slava wrote:
LApwnd wrote:think he's worth bringing back if we're to be competitive next yr, if anything he would serve to be a great player to practice against for Randle, Boozer post moves are pretty advanced even in his old age. Given Randle height, Boozer is a great model to copy offensively as Boozer has lots of little quirks in his post game to get around bigger players.

If we bring him back we keep stalling Kelly's development, especially after he's done a total 180 since moving back to PF.

Kellys a career backup, I'm not worried about a player of his caliber. If he's ever a starter on our team then I'd expect us to be in this same situation as we are now going forward, SUCKING. Not asking for Boozer to resign and play a lot, more of a mentoring role.
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Re: Julius Randle and Booze playing video games 

Post#7 » by scoobs07 » Mon Apr 6, 2015 10:48 pm

They would make a solid PF rotation, I just hate to cheat Boozer out of more minutes though because I think he still is a 24-30 mpg type. I'm ready to give Randle 36 mpg, which leaves only 12 for Boozer, I would look into it though.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#8 » by TylersLakers » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:35 am

I would definitely be interested in bringing back Boozer. But, given he'd be on a vet minimum salary, and a backup role, I doubt he'd want to stay.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,228

Post#9 » by EArl » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:57 am

They seem to get along very well.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#10 » by Marionettetc » Tue Apr 7, 2015 3:20 am

I think it's definitely worth bringing back Boozer.

He showed up every day for work, wants to be here, is a positive veteran/locker room influence, didn't act like a bitch when coach benched him, was very consistent offensively.

Granted he has issues on defense and is getting up there in age, but that's why you give him an reasonable contract.

My opinion of him has jumped like 1500% of him since I was able to watch him play this year.
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#11 » by Marionettetc » Tue Apr 7, 2015 3:21 am

Double post
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#12 » by miggs » Tue Apr 7, 2015 4:13 am

I'd love our big man rotation to be Randle and Boozer, with Black as the 3rd big. I'm not too keen on developing Kelly. I suppose our big rotation could be:

Randle/Boozer/Kelly
*Towns or Okafor/Black/*Dakari
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
Hector_Reyes_8
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,331

Post#13 » by Hector_Reyes_8 » Tue Apr 7, 2015 4:22 am

This was a nice watch.Thanks for posting it.
On Harden being MVP of this season ( I don't even like Harden much)

Kawhi M8 wrote:He will be the biggest joke of an MVP to ever win.
Ever.
Absolute spud of a bloke and **** traits as a player, basically tarnish the MVP forever
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,813

Post#14 » by TyCobb » Tue Apr 7, 2015 5:50 am

Randle with all left-handed hooks, jabs, and punches.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#15 » by Tee212 » Tue Apr 7, 2015 10:22 am

he loves it in la...with all those #holdat hashes.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#16 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Apr 7, 2015 3:59 pm

Slava wrote:

Kelly's development? Who cares about that when Randle would be playing PF.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Slava » Tue Apr 7, 2015 4:14 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
Slava wrote:

Why pay Boozer when we can get that production out of Kelly? Especially when he created a fan club with how well he played the stretch 4 under D'Antoni? That's a guy that can develop a good trade value given the proper minutes.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#18 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Apr 7, 2015 4:16 pm

Slava wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:
Slava wrote:

Why pay Boozer when we can get that production out of Kelly? Especially when he created a fan club with how well he played the stretch 4 under D'Antoni? That's a guy that can develop a good trade value given the proper minutes.

No i know what you're saying, it's just that you're not really developing a player that you're using as a back up generally. Not to mention his minutes would start to dwindle the more games Randle would get under his belt. I'm not sure there would be enough minutes given for his trade value to elevate itself. Now as for getting rid of Boozer and keeping Kelly, i'm all for it.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#19 » by LApwnd » Tue Apr 7, 2015 6:25 pm

even though Boozer is like what 10yrs older than Kelly, I'd still prefer Boozer O to Kelly. Both are severely terrible at D anyways but at least Boozer is still a beast on the block and going in against backups would be even more ideal for him. Kelly on the other hand is pretty much non existent if he can't get his shot going.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers