ImageImageImageImageImage

Mitch: Lakers will spend money this summer

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

2ndOrder
Sophomore
And1: 97

Re: Mitch: Lakers will spend money this summer 

Post#81 » by 2ndOrder » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:51 pm

ALL HAIL wrote:Rondo is, clearly, an on-ball PG --- he needs to be touching the ball a lot on offense to be of any real worth. Off the ball he is damn near useless for extended amounts of time.

Rondo needs to play with wings and bigmen who are most comfortable without the ball in their hands for long periods of time.

He's an old school PG who needs old school, catch and shoot SGs and SFs around him. In spite of their apparent disdain for each other, Ray Allen is the perfect type of player for Rondo.

Rondo fits very well with Nick Young, Ellington, Jabari Brown, and Ryan Kelly.

Rondo DOES NOT fit well with Kobe and Clarkson. Both Kobe and Clarkson have shown, thus far, that they are on-ball players who play best when creating for themselves and others ... not the other way around.

Other than teaching Clarkson the idiosyncrasies of the PG position, Rondo would be an absolutely horrible "fit" next to Clarkson. The outside shooting alone would be horrendous.

Next to Kobe, the "fit" would be almost as bad.

For a discount price I'd consider it, but otherwise it'd be a bad idea to sign Rondo. If for nothing else, his trade value is next to nil.

Why sign a guy, unless for a discount, if no one else would be interested in taking him off our hands? Why sign a guy, again, unless for a discount, if you would inevitably be stuck with him for the duration of the deal?

That'd be asinine management (if not signed to a bargain deal or NOT signed at all), and I for one don't believe Kupchak and Co. are that completely of their rockers ... yet.

agreed with everything. 100% nailed it.
Rondo and kobe and clarkson do not mesh at all.

Clarkson and Kobe are okay because they can both at least shoot the ball. but Rondo cant even shoot...
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#82 » by simon24 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:56 am

LApwnd wrote:
simon24 wrote:
mcscotty wrote:"That's a very doable offseason and it shores up our holes last year. People keep forgetting it takes a guy 2 years to get right from acl surgery."

Unless the injury happens at a very young age, players usually don't ever truly recover from ACL surgery.

Yeah Lou Williams went through the same thing in ATL, bounced back in TOR. I could see the same with Rondo, especially if he ends up in LA.

Lou bounced back offensively, Rondo never had any offense.

True. I figured he'd be back to being that speedy defensive PG we all known him to be.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#83 » by NBAWestFan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Mirjalovic wrote:i'm okay if Mitch wont bring any max player this year.

if he used the capspace, i hope its Marc or Kahwi

These are the only two guys going after at big $.

Lopez is a good player much better than Bynum but you need pieces.

But Gasol and Leonard are both great pieces to build with.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#84 » by RJM » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:42 am

Miami, LA, and New York will be the primary benefactors of the one-time "rich get richer" salary boost period between 2016-18. Being huge markets with stable front offices will enable them to appeal to the league's stars with exorbitant contracts. Once the market settles some, things will calm down, but with all three teams absolutely loaded for a while.

I believe Mitch. I always have.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#85 » by NBAWestFan » Fri May 1, 2015 10:41 pm

One Love wrote:Does anybody understand the concept of buying low... Rondo's value is down... Did you but B of A when it dropped to $5.00 a share (Buffet) or wait until it was back up to $16.00 a share...

Horrible Analogy.

This guy is a basketball player getting old with bad Chemistry.
He is not getting better and his attitude and Chemistry are not getting better.

A stock can change in value easily by having a good year and new products.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#86 » by TylersLakers » Sat May 2, 2015 3:43 am

Question guys.

Would you sign Kevin Love to a 1+1(player option) max deal? Do we want some long term security, or does that even matter?
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#87 » by LApwnd » Mon May 4, 2015 2:59 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:
One Love wrote:Does anybody understand the concept of buying low... Rondo's value is down... Did you but B of A when it dropped to $5.00 a share (Buffet) or wait until it was back up to $16.00 a share...

Horrible Analogy.

if you using stocks as analogy, buying low on Rondo is buy Enron stocks when it was discovered they cooked their books to show they were a profitable team but in reality they were going bankrupt. Just like Rondo, buying low expecting him to recover back to old Rondo is the same, but most likely we're getting the semi-bankrupt type Rondo, he'll float by but more then likely will never get back to its original value :D :lol:
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#88 » by spaceballer » Mon May 4, 2015 10:29 pm

LApwnd wrote:
NBAWestFan wrote:

Horrible Analogy.

if you using stocks as analogy, buying low on Rondo is buy Enron stocks when it was discovered they cooked their books to show they were a profitable team but in reality they were going bankrupt. Just like Rondo, buying low expecting him to recover back to old Rondo is the same, but most likely we're getting the semi-bankrupt type Rondo, he'll float by but more then likely will never get back to its original value :D :lol:

Rondo as pink sheets :lol:
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#89 » by Jajwanda » Thu May 7, 2015 7:56 pm

Clarkson played really well next to Jeremy Lin and as much as I can remember it was Lin that had the ball in his hands at the beginning of the shot-clock. If anything Clarkson would get it dished to him late and then make his move (much like a Paul Pierce in 08-11). Kobe at this stage of his career should be turned into an off-ball player. If anything I want Rondo to grab the ball out of his hands and make Kobe exploit mismatches, use screens etc...

I don't see why it could work with: Rondo-Pierce but it can't with Rondo-Bryant
Rafer24
Junior
And1: 145

Post#90 » by Rafer24 » Thu May 7, 2015 8:07 pm

Rondo and Bryant have almost the same personality. I donĀ“t see any problem between those two being together on teh same team.
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#91 » by TwoStarz » Fri May 8, 2015 4:43 am

Why are people still speaking about rondo and kobe as if kobe should have any merits on our future plan. Dude is about to hang it up soon...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers