ImageImageImageImageImage

If San Antonio or Memphis gets eliminated early, will we have a chance at Leonard or Gasol?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: If San Antonio or Memphis gets eliminated early, will we have a chance at Leonard or Gasol? 

Post#21 » by crazyeights » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:41 pm

TyCobb wrote:He is going to SA to replace Duncan and he is from Texas.

Man....that makes so much sense. That would be absolutely devastating for the league, the Spurs reloading that fast. Only hope is Duncan doesn't retire?
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: If San Antonio or Memphis gets eliminated early, will we have a chance at Leonard or Gasol? 

Post#22 » by LApwnd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:23 pm

IF LA leaves Por....might give us more chance at Mathews....por. will have to reconsider their direction w/o LA.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#23 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:53 pm

As most have already stated here, no way Leonard or Gasol comes here. Maybe there's a shot we could potentially get LA but I think a team like San Antonio is obviously a much more intriguing option. Jimmy Butler is also not coming here, so a lot of Lakers fans should stop mentioning his name too. I wouldn't mind Wes Matthews coming here on a short term deal considering the injury he just suffered, but he could also very well stay w/ Portland too. This will be make it or break it time for the Lakers this summer.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#24 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:54 pm

crazyeights wrote:
TyCobb wrote:He is going to SA to replace Duncan and he is from Texas.

Man....that makes so much sense. That would be absolutely devastating for the league, the Spurs reloading that fast. Only hope is Duncan doesn't retire?

I feel like Duncan could be done if they don't win it all this year.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#25 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Kilroy wrote:In other news, I don't think Hibbert's ever been more available. I agree that Gasol and LMA are probably extreme long shots.

So many questions surrounding Hibbert. Do you think he would be able to get his ish together here in L.A. if the Lakers were to pursue him?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#26 » by Kilroy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:34 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:
Kilroy wrote:In other news, I don't think Hibbert's ever been more available. I agree that Gasol and LMA are probably extreme long shots.

So many questions surrounding Hibbert. Do you think he would be able to get his ish together here in L.A. if the Lakers were to pursue him?

He's 28, not terribly injury prone... But he's probably got maybe 4 more seasons of high level play unless he can find a situation that extends his career.
Indiana wants to play smaller, and I think that's been the plan for a while.
If we could commit to a slow it down, more half court, brutalizing game, and we could get him to play more back to the basket, he could extend his career and make Randle's development go smoother.
He's kind of the prototypical 'needs a change of scenery' guy. He can still clearly play, but some of the desire seems to be gone. A new team could fix that... I mean he's literally the biggest thing in the NBA... Someone needs to tell him that and embrace it.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#27 » by Penberthy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:55 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:

He's 28, not terribly injury prone... But he's probably got maybe 4 more seasons of high level play unless he can find a situation that extends his career.
If we could commit to a slow it down, more half court, brutalizing game, and we could get him to play more back to the basket, he could extend his career and make Randle's development go smoother.
He's kind of the prototypical 'needs a change of scenery' guy. He can still clearly play, but some of the desire seems to be gone. A new team could fix that... I mean he's literally the biggest thing in the NBA... Someone needs to tell him that and embrace it.

He's 7'2 and career average of less than 7 Rebounds per game. That is a huge red flag.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#28 » by LApwnd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Penberthy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:

He's 7'2 and career average of less than 7 Rebounds per game. That is a huge red flag.

yea probably one of the softest and weakest 7'2 C ever....Mbenga would wreck him :lol:
vic245
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#29 » by vic245 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Most likely not gonna be hard to see Gasol leaving Memphis unless they low ball him in the summer. As for Leonard SA most likely will match whatever offer he gets.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#30 » by TheHartBreakKid » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:56 am

Leonard is staying no matter what. His offer is getting matched, whether or not he wants to or not. Like someone else said, I could see Marc leaving, but it really depends on Paus tenure as a Laker will have a positive or a negative influence on him. Unfortunately, it will probably be negative. The main positive memories Pau has had as a Laker have been Kobe and Phil. Kobe is unfortunately too old to be too convincing, and Phil is in NY, with an offense perfectly suited for Marcs abilities in a desirable market. The knicks seem like they would be his first choice if he decides to leave in my opinion. Of course them getting a center in the draft could change that, but in that case I think Memphis is still the favorite compared to us.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#31 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:06 am

Kilroy wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:

Word! I think if Kobe gets on him about his game, he will play better. Maybe even Worthy and Kareem could give him some pointers also. I'm more of a fan of old school/half court basketball so Hibbert I wouldn't mind. He is also a good rim protector.
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#32 » by Rosque » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:26 pm

IIRC, Hibbert last season was best rim protector and great box-out guy on rebounds, Lance just stole all his rebounds. He's great free throw shooter but is just bad from the field. This year he's grabbing 3 more rebounds per 100 possessions and all three are defensive rebounds. If he opts out I want him to be our back-up plan in case Gasol definitely turns us down. I'd much rather have him with his head right than Love since I think Randle has some serious potential and Love/Randle front court would be a disaster on the defensive end. I'd like him on our team.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#33 » by ALL HAIL » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:45 pm

No, but I would still make offers.

Put it his way: Your "plan B" had better be strong.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#34 » by crazyeights » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:24 pm

With an unrealistic plan A, they'd need a strong plan C as well.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#35 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:44 pm

Marc and Kawhi I like. But both are 99% impossible.

Anyways, just happened to read this:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... -For-15-16

I'm just thinking ...

Clarkson
Wade
Kobe
Randle
Any of Hill / Towns / Okafor /Cauley-Stein

But if we somehow land Marc ...

Clarkson
Kobe
Winslow
Randle
Marc
cashflo
Senior
And1: 130

Post#36 » by cashflo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:As most have already stated here, no way Leonard or Gasol comes here. Maybe there's a shot we could potentially get LA but I think a team like San Antonio is obviously a much more intriguing option. Jimmy Butler is also not coming here, so a lot of Lakers fans should stop mentioning his name too. I wouldn't mind Wes Matthews coming here on a short term deal considering the injury he just suffered, but he could also very well stay w/ Portland too. This will be make it or break it time for the Lakers this summer.

Leanard no way because he's RFA and will be matched.
Gasol... I'm starting to think he might bounce to LA..
I mean I've been to Memphis and outside of Beale St. and Graceland there's nothing to do!
Weather sucks, scenery sucks,etc...
Also to play in the NBA and in your prime in LA? Come on man ! Nothing better...
He seen his big brother and trust me the Lakers are huge in Spain... People keep saying Gasol ain't leaving but I'm not so sure.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#37 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:46 pm

cashflo wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:As most have already stated here, no way Leonard or Gasol comes here. Maybe there's a shot we could potentially get LA but I think a team like San Antonio is obviously a much more intriguing option. Jimmy Butler is also not coming here, so a lot of Lakers fans should stop mentioning his name too. I wouldn't mind Wes Matthews coming here on a short term deal considering the injury he just suffered, but he could also very well stay w/ Portland too. This will be make it or break it time for the Lakers this summer.

I mean I've been to Memphis and outside of Beale St. and Graceland there's nothing to do!
Also to play in the NBA and in your prime in LA? Come on man ! Nothing better...
He seen his big brother and trust me the Lakers are huge in Spain... People keep saying Gasol ain't leaving but I'm not so sure.

Maybe there's a chance Marc leaves and comes to L.A., but I just wouldn't bet on it. I also wonder if Indiana would make a run for Marc. They are making it pretty obvious that they don't want Roy anymore which could make Roy just opt-out and go elsewhere. David West could also opt-out as well which would free up even more money to sign Gasol.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#38 » by simon24 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:21 am

thegamefritz wrote:Now that Clippers dominated San Antonio in game 1 and I am hoping Clippers win the series (although I know spurs will always find away). Let's say Spurs gets eliminated in rd1 will we have a shot at Kawhi Leonard? I know he wanted to stay with the spurs but if they get eliminated this year, there will be no more future for the spurs as Tim, Manu and Tony are getting old and Leonard will be stuck carrying the load and I guess Leonard will be better with another team. lAKERS got the money and if we get top 5 pick plus a healthy Randle then we sure got better future than the Spurs so do you think We got a chance with Kawhi Leonard?

Same with Marc Gasol, if Memphis will be eliminated in 2nd or 3rd rd (For sure they'll extend in the 2nd or 3rd rd), do you guys Think Marc Gasol can give us a shot?

If I may add LaMarcus Aldrige also? I'm hoping for C because we got Randle @PF already but Heck I'll take LaMarcus Aldridge if he is available.

No. Kawhi is a RFA. I see no reason why the Spurs wouldn't match any offers. Spurs can draft/bring in players that can play well in their system. Spurs got more cap space than the Lakers.

I don't think Gasol would leave. Grizzlies are a legit contender. Lakers aren't right now. He seems to love Memphis and he would leave a great situation for himself with Zbo taking a paycut and leaving the core of Conley/Allen/Zbo.

I couldn't see Alridge leaving for a team that isn't a contender. He'd be better off staying in POR than going to the Lakers right now.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#39 » by ChosunX » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:22 am

cashflo wrote:

It breeds fine warriors.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#40 » by ChosunX » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:26 am

TylersLakers wrote:
TyCobb wrote:The Spurs will get Aldridge, keep Leonard, and Gasol will re-sign with Memphis.

You really think Aldridge will go there with no Duncan, no Ginobili and the unknown surrounding Pop's future?

No Ginobilli is not the end of the world. According to his own words he is focusing on passing not scoring at this point of his career. He did not have one breakout game and we are good against the Clips. Him ans Splitter would still be very competitive.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers