ImageImageImageImageImage

Tobias Harris Stays With Magic, 4 Year/64 Mill

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: Why do you want the Lakers to sign Tobias Harris? 

Post#21 » by kblo247 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:57 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
crazyeights wrote:I think the better question is why do people keep thinking RHJ is going to fall to 27th.
Because he has periods of inconsistency. And his game ins't pegged to one specific that you know he can do well. From the games I saw of him he has periods of disappearing offensively and defensively, shows erratic shot selection....shall I go on ?

But he is a good player, he needs NBA coaching and he needs to define one point of his game and play to his strength.

And for the Harris question....don't need, don't want. All dude is concerned with is chasing points.

Tobias has one of the highest Board rates at 3 in the league and he's a better rebounder at 4. He can very much so impact a game by scoring, but he also hits the glass and goes at his guy. I really am tired of the Wes types being ghost, so I'll take him every night when he is only 22 and showed more in this league than anyone on our roster outside Kobe
john248
Starter
And1: 651

Post#22 » by john248 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:52 am

kblo247 wrote:Tobias is 22 years old. Tobias averaged 17 ppg, which is more than anyone on this team can say over an extended period.He is the least likely rfa to be matched solely because Orlando is in a spot where they have one lotto sf in Gordon and are likely drafting Winslow too; Butler will get matched and so will Middleton, but Tobias is in a scenario like Parson where he can be paid and join the team. HE can play the 3/4. He has a set of balls on him, unlike Lin, Wes, and a number of other guys which is why hes won games at the buzzer and outright trash talked Bron without fear.

The LAkers summer could be

2 - Okafor
27 - Rondae Hollis JEfferson
34 - Delon Wright ( think upshaw may get picked up late first now by Memphis)

12mil - Tobias
8 mil - Rondo
3 mil - Ed Davis
Room - Booz

So you want to tie up $20 mil to Harris and Rondo? :lol: Rondo sucks.
The Last Word
dham1974
Assistant Coach
And1: 65

Post#23 » by dham1974 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:35 pm

If we snatched Harris and Dragic I'd be happy with that. Two other Guys beside Koldbe who can keep the defense on its hills
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,630

Post#24 » by Pointgod » Mon May 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Signing Tobias Harris could be the sneaky type of deal that turns pretenders to contenders. I'd love to have him as the 4 man and KJ McDaniels on the wing. Would give Okafor tons of space to work in the post and provide us a ridiculous perimeter defense.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#25 » by JohnVancouver » Mon May 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Pointgod wrote:Signing Tobias Harris could be the sneaky type of deal that turns pretenders to contenders. I'd love to have him as the 4 man and KJ McDaniels on the wing. Would give Okafor tons of space to work in the post and provide us a ridiculous perimeter defense.

I was really high on harris but i didn't know him form much except clips - too many people have told me he dogs it defensively and we need someone to be tough on the perimeter. Could he change his spots? Defense is fundamentally a matter of desire, and anyone good enough to play in the league can learn to be an effective defender
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#26 » by AdonisDeMarion » Mon May 25, 2015 10:43 pm

I'll take Harris but Rondo couldn't pay the Lakers to take him
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#27 » by Pointgod » Mon May 25, 2015 10:56 pm

JohnVancouver wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Signing Tobias Harris could be the sneaky type of deal that turns pretenders to contenders. I'd love to have him as the 4 man and KJ McDaniels on the wing. Would give Okafor tons of space to work in the post and provide us a ridiculous perimeter defense.

I was really high on harris but i didn't know him form much except clips - too many people have told me he dogs it defensively and we need someone to be tough on the perimeter. Could he change his spots? Defense is fundamentally a matter of desire, and anyone good enough to play in the league can learn to be an effective defender

Reading some reports on him it seems that he has a good work ethic and is committed to improving defensively. Defense is probably 40% natural talent, 30% effort and 30% the system the team employs. As long as he's paired up with a defensive big man or wing I don't see his defense being an issue. He's 23 years old averaging 18 and 7 and shooting over 40% from 3. He's only going to get better player with guys that can open things up more for him. Him and McDaniels on the wing could wreck havoc on the defensive end and help take the pressure off Okafor.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,077

Post#28 » by Frank Dux » Tue May 26, 2015 1:39 am

Harris doesn't fit with Randle here. I'd rather sign an athletic defense wing who can shoot, like Carroll.

Harris definitely has talent, but i'm not convinced that his game translates into wins.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#29 » by Pointgod » Tue May 26, 2015 4:04 am

Frank Dux wrote:Harris doesn't fit with Randle here. I'd rather sign an athletic defense wing who can shoot, like Carroll.

Harris definitely has talent, but i'm not convinced that his game translates into wins.

Start Harris at PF and bring Randle off the bench. I think a lot of poster's expectations of Randle are waaay to high. Bring him along a slowly and allow him to get a feel for the game.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#30 » by Mirjalovic » Tue May 26, 2015 4:25 am

**** no, if anything you guys have really low expectations of Randle

even poster on here tried to trade him + rockets pick for Lowry FFS
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

MikeYi30430
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#31 » by MikeYi30430 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:07 am

kblo247 wrote:
crazyeights wrote:I think the better question is why do people keep thinking RHJ is going to fall to 27th.

Because I personally have the draft shaking out

Towns - Okafor - Muiday - Russell - Winslow
Stein - Prog - Kaminsky - Mario - Dekker
Turner - Johnson - Oubre - Lyles - Looney
Porter - Grant - Booker - Jones - Woods
Hunter - Payne - Upshaw - Vaughn - Harrell
Anderson - RHJ - McCullough - De Paula - Wright

I think one of Anderson/RHJ will fall but hopes its RHJ. Same goes for De Paula or Wright and I'm hoping wright. I think Upshaw gets picked up late first by Memphis

What is Prog? You mean Kristaps Porzingis?
kblo247
RealGM

Post#32 » by kblo247 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:46 pm

MikeYi30430 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

Because I personally have the draft shaking out

Towns - Okafor - Muiday - Russell - Winslow
Stein - Prog - Kaminsky - Mario - Dekker
Turner - Johnson - Oubre - Lyles - Looney
Porter - Grant - Booker - Jones - Woods
Hunter - Payne - Upshaw - Vaughn - Harrell
Anderson - RHJ - McCullough - De Paula - Wright

I think one of Anderson/RHJ will fall but hopes its RHJ. Same goes for De Paula or Wright and I'm hoping wright. I think Upshaw gets picked up late first by Memphis

What is Prog? You mean Kristaps Porzingis?

Yes if was auto corrected when I went to abbreviate it. I believe the magic will take Winslow to be Tobias replacement on the cheap and then the nuggets will go foreign again and fortify their starting front court, while looking to flip Faried for a G
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#33 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:51 am

Mirjalovic wrote:**** no, if anything you guys have really low expectations of Randle

Agree, I think a lot of people are sleeping on Randle. Not expecting a superstar or anything, but he will be solid and he has a winning mentality.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#34 » by kblo247 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:44 am

Fresh360Waves wrote:
Mirjalovic wrote:**** no, if anything you guys have really low expectations of Randle

Agree, I think a lot of people are sleeping on Randle. Not expecting a superstar or anything, but he will be solid and he has a winning mentality.

I agree, but the fact is in this league Tobias is a rare get who can play 3 or 4. Hell you could play him at 4 and Randle at 5 for stretches when you see the likes of Draymond Green playing C in the playoffs or Boris Diaw. Tobias is 22, has scored well in this league, improved year to year, and would be locked in well before he hits his prime. At the age of 22 he would peak at around the time Clarkson, Randle, and the lotto pick all enter their primes. I'd take a summer with Tobias at his max, Rondo, Booz, and a room wing like Brewer or Green easily.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#35 » by LApwnd » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:15 pm

I've heard Harris is not an off ball player, he also likes to dominate the ball. If that's true that is not the type of wing we need, we need a Ariza/Parson/Batum type wing. One that just hustles and D's up, some have said he's just a taller ver. of Rudy Gay.
oneseven
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#36 » by oneseven » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:45 pm

^ "One that just hustles and D's up, "
You just described Carroll
thread killer wrote:Asterisk anything after 1989. The 4-team expansion ruined the NBA and all its history and records like steroids ruined baseball.

Amen brother
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#37 » by LApwnd » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:47 pm

oneseven wrote:^ You just described Carroll

I'm ok with carol but if we gona waste all our money on a SF I'd take a shot at Middleton, been a solid 3pt shooter for a minute now while Caroll just got good this year which I think the system had a lot to do with it. Also younger so having to up the money an extra 3-4mill a year for Middleton wouldn't be to bad with rising cap.
radtech
Senior
And1: 46

Post#38 » by radtech » Tue Jun 2, 2015 10:19 pm

Forget Rondo, Clarkson needs to play 2 get better. Rondo has admitted he is no longer a great defensive player and has proven so. His former coach, Carlisle, benched and suspended him. And now he's more ornery and still can't shoot. Having two players with intense personalities like Kobe and Rondo would b more problematic. Clarkson would defer to Kobe all the time and that would make Kobe happy. Kobe would constantly b double teamed because he's a non shooter.
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#39 » by ArC_man » Tue Jun 2, 2015 10:55 pm

How well does Harris play off the ball? One reason I like Middleton is because he's just as good playing without the ball as is with the ball. If we have a front line of Okafor + Randle (and then Clarkson in the back court) we're going to need wings who can shoot 40+% from 3.
Shaq311
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#40 » by Shaq311 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 10:57 pm

kblo247 wrote:Tobias is 22 years old. Tobias averaged 17 ppg, which is more than anyone on this team can say over an extended period.He is the least likely rfa to be matched solely because Orlando is in a spot where they have one lotto sf in Gordon and are likely drafting Winslow too; Butler will get matched and so will Middleton, but Tobias is in a scenario like Parson where he can be paid and join the team. HE can play the 3/4. He has a set of balls on him, unlike Lin, Wes, and a number of other guys which is why hes won games at the buzzer and outright trash talked Bron without fear.

The LAkers summer could be

2 - Okafor
27 - Rondae Hollis JEfferson
34 - Delon Wright ( think upshaw may get picked up late first now by Memphis)

12mil - Tobias
8 mil - Rondo
3 mil - Ed Davis
Room - Booz

Rondo
Kobe
Tobias
Randle
Okafor
Clarkson
Young
RHJ
Boozer
Ed
Black
Wright
Brown
Sacre
Kelly

This is very reasonable roster and even though it doesn't have that super star quality it's a good start. Then the next summer with more cap space we can look to bring in a Westbrook or Durant. But definitely better than the last 2 years. A lot depends on how well Randle comes back and how much Clarkson improves from his rookie season.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers