ImageImageImageImageImage

D'Angelo Russell Thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

frozt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,282

Re: D'Angelo Russell Thread 

Post#581 » by frozt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:44 am

Two things a lot of people overlooked were Russell was actually average on defense, I never really saw him get blown by usually stayed in front of his man. Thought he was going to be A LOT worse, also looking at those stats. He was keeping up with the Top 2 bigs in rebounds :lol: He's a really good rebounder for a PG
Resident band wagon vigilante.
john248
Starter
And1: 651

Post#582 » by john248 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:56 am

PockyCandy wrote:
Lakers415 wrote:
AmusingFiddle wrote:This kid has insane talent. No question about it. If you watch him play the mistakes he makes are very easily rectifiable. Experience and playing along some veterans will fix his issues. I love that we finally have player that can relieve Kobe of some pressure. This kid can shoot and his passing ability is second to none in the current NBA. Who in the current lot of NBA players can pass as well as Russell. Not many. Guys lets give him 1/2 seasons and he is sure to WOW us.

Only 1 person.

Ricky Rubio.

And Rajon Rondo.

It's sad that people think Rondo is a good passer. He's a certain stat padder who makes passes most point guards already make. He'll just dribble away and wait then wait some more for someone to get open to make the pass. Doesn't help that he'll pass up an open lay up to pass it somewhere, anywhere, to get an assist. And people think this is good passing because you know...assist totals. Of course, we don't see him play like his piece of crap regular season version in the playoffs. At least there, he's willing to score which opens up play making opportunities. But Rondo isn't someone anyone should bring up when it comes to passing. Compare him to prime Nash or CP3, and it's just completely different.
The Last Word
frozt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,282

Post#583 » by frozt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:07 am

john248 wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:
Lakers415 wrote:
Only 1 person.

Ricky Rubio.

And Rajon Rondo.

It's sad that people think Rondo is a good passer. He's a certain stat padder who makes passes most point guards already make. He'll just dribble away and wait then wait some more for someone to get open to make the pass. Doesn't help that he'll pass up an open lay up to pass it somewhere, anywhere, to get an assist. And people think this is good passing because you know...assist totals. Of course, we don't see him play like his piece of crap regular season version in the playoffs. At least there, he's willing to score which opens up play making opportunities. But Rondo isn't someone anyone should bring up when it comes to passing. Compare him to prime Nash or CP3, and it's just completely different.

Don't know what you're talking about Rondo is one of the best passers in the league, has really good vision as well. The guy as massive hands, give him a huge advantage being able to palm the ball so easily.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH9rCFFO4HI[/youtube]
Resident band wagon vigilante.
jeroka
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#584 » by jeroka » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:49 am

frozt wrote:Two things a lot of people overlooked were Russell was actually average on defense, I never really saw him get blown by usually stayed in front of his man. Thought he was going to be A LOT worse, also looking at those stats. He was keeping up with the Top 2 bigs in rebounds :lol: He's a really good rebounder for a PG

he faced guys like Kevin Pangos and that McConnell kid... not really athletic guys in that sense.
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#585 » by ArC_man » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Love that he's already getting back into the weight room. Kid is hungry.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#586 » by iamworthy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:28 am

Looks like none of the top 5 picks made the All-NBA Summer League. I think its safe to stop worrying about DLo unless you think the top 5 guys will all be bust :lol:
blue2324
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#587 » by blue2324 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:34 am

iamworthy wrote:Looks like none of the top 5 picks made the All-NBA Summer League. I think its safe to stop worrying about DLo unless you think the top 5 guys will all be bust :lol:

All-NBA Summer League

...that's a thing...
KobeBryant24
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#588 » by KobeBryant24 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:30 pm

ArC_man wrote:Love that he's already getting back into the weight room. Kid is hungry.

How u know
jeroka
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#589 » by jeroka » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:12 pm

KobeBryant24 wrote:
ArC_man wrote:Love that he's already getting back into the weight room. Kid is hungry.

How u know

he looks like a guy who eats a lot, that's why looks hungry...
KobeBryant24
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#590 » by KobeBryant24 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:44 pm

jeroka wrote:
KobeBryant24 wrote:

How u know

he looks like a guy who eats a lot, that's why looks hungry...

Hope he is he needs to gain muscle
LA2signOkafor
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#591 » by LA2signOkafor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:34 pm

Russell reminds me of the Evan Turner pick. Sixer fans were too excited and after summer league some fans were worried. This sort of could happen. I mean Russell seems sort of slow. But good thing he is a natural shooter which means he will always have a role in this league. Also is an above passer. All I see is a rotation player. I wish we chose Oak instead. The second pick is always bad luck.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#592 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:51 pm

OKC really regrets having to settle for Durant after Oden.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#593 » by TyCobb » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:54 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:OKC really regrets having to settle for Durant after Oden.

That's a 76ers fan who literally signed up on another account to make that post. :rofl:
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#594 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:54 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:OKC really regrets having to settle for Durant after Oden.

lol...good one...
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#595 » by Pointgod » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:57 pm

LA2signOkafor wrote:Russell reminds me of the Evan Turner pick. Sixer fans were too excited and after summer league some fans were worried. This sort of could happen. I mean Russell seems sort of slow. But good thing he is a natural shooter which means he will always have a role in this league. Also is an above passer. All I see is a rotation player. I wish we chose Oak instead. The second pick is always bad luck.

Evan Turner couldn't shoot and I believe was 2 years older than Russell when he was drafted. He's the type of player that's useless without the ball in his hands. With Russell, as a worst case you can move him to shooting guards and run him off screens ala Klay Thompson. He'd still be an above average passer for the position. Russell's success hinges squarely on the system that's run.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,683

Post#596 » by Up-And-Coming » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:58 am

Hola amigos. I'm a long-time visitor to Realgm, but this is my first time contributing to this forum. I have to admit that I was disappointed in D'Angelo's Summer League performance. He did not shoot the ball nearly as well as I had hoped... not to mention he was a turnover machine :nonono: . However, it was only Summer League.. so I am still optimistic that he will perform up to expectations during the regular season
Tarik_shaq
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#597 » by Tarik_shaq » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:08 am

smh on all the people who are so low on russell. the lakers picked him at number 2 FOR A REASON. a couple of good SL games on okafor and y'all regretting choosing russ over the duke center. remember first team all summer league derrick caracter for the lakers? where's he now. smh
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#598 » by Slava » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:17 am

LA2signOkafor wrote:Russell reminds me of the Evan Turner pick. Sixer fans were too excited and after summer league some fans were worried. This sort of could happen. I mean Russell seems sort of slow. But good thing he is a natural shooter which means he will always have a role in this league. Also is an above passer. All I see is a rotation player. I wish we chose Oak instead. The second pick is always bad luck.

I'm gonna ban both your accounts. :lol:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#599 » by Wavy Q » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:56 am

He thinks he's slick smh
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866