RealGM
And1: 3,034

Re: Larry Nance Jr. - No. 27 pick, 2015 NBA Draft 

Post#161 » by Sofa King » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:32 am

Kilroy wrote:
Spoiler:
Sofa King wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Dude's giving himself a little too much credit... I don't think Lakers fans care that much what happens to him. I don't.

First he needs to prove he belongs in the NBA, then he needs to prove he belongs on the Lakers, then he can start worrying about what Lakers Fans thing of him.

Apology accepted? Christ...

I never required an Apology... And I'm not Christ, despite what the girls say.

Sometimes an unnecessary apology can do more harm than good. He said sorry at the press conference. He just keeps reminding people about the situation.

Put yourself in his position. He apologized for the whole incident even if he didn't have to or not. Yeah sure he apologized at the press conference but not everyone sees those. It started with Twitter and he's trying to squash it. Respect him for being up front about it instead of hiding and dodging it. If anything, he just wants to move on.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,659

Post#162 » by dockingsched » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:40 am

I'm guessing he's getting absolutely killed on Twitter by Lakers/Kobe fans. As long as this is it him, I kinda respect that he addressed the issue head on.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
john248
Starter
And1: 651

Post#163 » by john248 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:50 am

Kilroy wrote:
Sofa King wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Spoiler:

Dude's giving himself a little too much credit... I don't think Lakers fans care that much what happens to him. I don't.

First he needs to prove he belongs in the NBA, then he needs to prove he belongs on the Lakers, then he can start worrying about what Lakers Fans thing of him.

Apology accepted? Christ...

I never required an Apology... And I'm not Christ, despite what the girls say.

Sometimes an unnecessary apology can do more harm than good. He said sorry at the press conference. He just keeps reminding people about the situation.

Bit of a self centered thing to say. Why would he care to address you specifically when there are others giving him crap about it? It could also be the Lakers PR stepping in too. Ultimately, all we care about is how he does on the court. But all this kid wants to do is let people know how he feels and how he's matured.
The Last Word
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#164 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:52 am

dockingsched wrote:44 inch vert would tie him for the second highest in NBA combine history

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/pat-connaughton-44-inch-vertical-leap-nba-draft-combine

Everything I've read has him at the 37.5 mark

44 was at Lakers workout; 37.5 at combine. Kinda like how LaVine measured 41.5 at combine and 46 with Lakers. Have heard that team workouts are not as strict about the number of steps before your takeoff, which leads to the higher numbers.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#165 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:58 am

As far as positions, I still have a hard time seeing him as a SF. He may be passable on the wing, but his best position will definitely be PF. He's got the skills to stand out at the 4, but he's just another guy if you put him at SF.

This coming from someone who watched him all season long at Wyoming. The guy has the it factor. He may never be a star, but the Madsen/Slava comp is a slap in the face. Ed Davis without the defense? You know defense is maybe his best quality, right?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#166 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:13 am

Another interesting comp I've heard for him that I don't hate is Taj Gibson.

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#167 » by Slava » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:17 am

He jumps out of the building, the Madsen comp would be ridiculous for that reason alone.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#168 » by ArC_man » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:46 am

He says he patterns his game after guys like Taj Gibson (offense), Tristan Thompson (rebounding), and Kawhi Leonard (defense).
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#169 » by aaron_gray » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:46 am

Klomp wrote:As far as positions, I still have a hard time seeing him as a SF. He may be passable on the wing, but his best position will definitely be PF. He's got the skills to stand out at the 4, but he's just another guy if you put him at SF.

This coming from someone who watched him all season long at Wyoming. The guy has the it factor. He may never be a star, but the Madsen/Slava comp is a slap in the face. Ed Davis without the defense? You know defense is maybe his best quality, right?

???
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#170 » by TyCobb » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:52 am

Read more, learn more, change your posts.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#171 » by TKainZero » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:26 am

I have the Least faith in this draft pick of any laker draft pick of my life
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#172 » by Sofa King » Thu Jul 2, 2015 10:46 am

TKainZero wrote:I have the Least faith in this draft pick of any laker draft pick of my life

You must not bleed purple and gold.
dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#173 » by dipstick » Thu Jul 2, 2015 12:41 pm

Im pretty sure, if healthy, that this guy will get more playing time than Ryan Kelly. We probably reached but I thin will end up getting a steal.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#174 » by Mirjalovic » Thu Jul 2, 2015 12:46 pm

the Lakers paid 15 mil for Larry Nance Jr, of course the FO know what the **** they are doing.

why you guys so low on him ? first it's Randle, now this guy
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

TKainZero
Head Coach

Post#175 » by TKainZero » Fri Jul 3, 2015 12:29 am

Sofa King wrote:
TKainZero wrote:I have the Least faith in this draft pick of any laker draft pick of my life

I bleed purp n gold

But, I just don't have any read on all on this guy.
He is a PF, but he will be behind randle (unless lakers think randle can play some SF)

And the lakers want to add aldridge in FA? Another PF?

Is kelly gone?
Davis walked, would have loved davis as a backup big man
I don't get the fit
I don't see the hype
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#176 » by ArC_man » Fri Jul 3, 2015 12:41 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Zb17iKpbY[/youtube]
dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#177 » by dipstick » Fri Jul 3, 2015 12:58 am

TKainZero wrote:
Sofa King wrote:

I bleed purp n gold

He is a PF, but he will be behind randle (unless lakers think randle can play some SF)

Is kelly gone?
I don't get the fit
I don't see the hype

There is no hype. He's a 27th pick. Should there be any expectations? Much less that he will be a starter. But he should be able to contribute.
TKainZero
Head Coach

Post#178 » by TKainZero » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:05 am

dipstick wrote:
TKainZero wrote:
Sofa King wrote:You must not bleed purple and gold.

I bleed purp n gold

Is kelly gone?
I don't get the fit
I don't see the hype

There is no hype. He's a 27th pick. Should there be any expectations? Much less that he will be a starter. But he should be able to contribute.

Lakers pick always got hyped...
Farmar, Sasha, crittterton. End of first round is where lakers pick 90% of the ti even, and they ussually pick a guy that seems to have a role and fit, and then the lakers hype him up

Even 2nd round picks (Morris, goudelock, ebanks, carecter, sacre) get hype, and seems to have a role to slide into

I just don't know where nance fits, or what his role is, or what to expect from him

Plus, he is a 4th year player.

Sofa King
RealGM

Post#179 » by Sofa King » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:12 am

TKainZero wrote:
Spoiler:
dipstick wrote:
TKainZero wrote:

I bleed purp n gold

Is kelly gone?
I don't get the fit
I don't see the hype

Farmar, Sasha, crittterton. End of first round is where lakers pick 90% of the ti even, and they ussually pick a guy that seems to have a role and fit, and then the lakers hype him up

Even 2nd round picks (Morris, goudelock, ebanks, carecter, sacre) get hype, and seems to have a role to slide into

I just don't know where nance fits, or what his role is, or what to expect from him

Farmar is a bench player who got bounced around the league to never be heard of again. Sasha was a star in practice and a dud when the game counted. Critterton is now in prison.

If Nance has a decent long career off the bench, I'm more than content with the pick.

Nance wasn't hyped because no one but the Lakers knew they would pick him. Nance was so under the radar Draft Express didn't even make a youtube video of his strengths and weaknesses until after he got picked.

If all those previous Lakers picks were so hyped for you and turned out to be no less than bench warmers and D-league fodder, then I sure hope Nance lives up to better expectations than those guys to prove you wrong.

And the moment you'll know you're completely wrong, is when you finally see this kid plays in a Lakers uniform, and you start cheering for him. Remember that.
john248
Starter
And1: 651

Post#180 » by john248 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:50 am

TKainZero wrote:
dipstick wrote:
TKainZero wrote:

I bleed purp n gold

Is kelly gone?
I don't get the fit
I don't see the hype

Drafting at the end of the 1st round and 2nd round, teams draft for BPA; they don't draft for positional need. These guys will be lucky to last beyond a few years where the hope is that you find a rotational player that can stay in the damn league. If lucky, they can find a starter or even an all-star player which is rare.

Nance's role is to back up Randle. That's it. His role is to work hard, work on his skills, and back-up Randle.
The Last Word

Return to Los Angeles Lakers