ImageImageImageImageImage

Should Jordan Clarkson Come off the Bench?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Hank7
Junior
And1: 68

Re: Should Jordan Clarkson Come off the Bench? 

Post#61 » by Hank7 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:56 am

I was pleased to hear that BS will probably start JC and Kobe and have Russell come off the bench. The kid needs to work on his TO's and shooting.
Lakers415
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#62 » by Lakers415 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:56 am

John Long wrote:
Lakers415 wrote:If clarkson does start.

He might be the worse "shooting" guard in the NBA, but he sure can attack the rim well...

Why might he be the worse "shooting" guard in the NBA? He is money from mid-range

His shooting form is really bad, especially for a 2 guard.

His release is low and slow and basically a line driver. Reminds me of shawn marion shooting form.

I think the only perimeter shot he hit today was the line drive 3 with the shot clock running down.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Re: Re: Should Jordan Clarkson Come off the Bench? 

Post#63 » by Laker_Kid » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:18 am

Lakers415 wrote:
John Long wrote:

He might be the worse "shooting" guard in the NBA, but he sure can attack the rim well...

Why might he be the worse "shooting" guard in the NBA? He is money from mid-range

His release is low and slow and basically a line driver. Reminds me of shawn marion shooting form.

I think the only perimeter shot he hit today was the line drive 3 with the shot clock running down.
shawn friggin marion? are you kidding me? lol time to ignore all your posts
John Long
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,026

Post#64 » by John Long » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:27 am

Laker_Kid wrote:
Lakers415 wrote:
John Long wrote:

lol same thing I thought :crazy: I think he's trolling
"...things are never as good or as bad as they seem in the moment in time." - Kobe
john248
Starter
And1: 651

Post#65 » by john248 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:43 am

Ever see Tony Allen?
The Last Word
Lakers415
Banned User

Post#66 » by Lakers415 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:47 am

john248 wrote:

Ever see Tony Allen?

Does allen still start?
Laker_Kid
Starter

Re: Re: Re: Should Jordan Clarkson Come off the Bench? 

Post#67 » by Laker_Kid » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:44 am

John Long wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:
Lakers415 wrote:

lol same thing I thought :crazy: I think he's trolling
definitely trolling. i refuse to believe anyone is this dumb lol. but then again its the internet so who knows. most of his posts are baseless and blindly anti-clarkson for some reason lol sounds a lot like a guy who has never picked up a basketball before and plays nba2k all day.
Lakers415
Banned User

Post#68 » by Lakers415 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:15 pm

When you guys look at it, is JC a better scorer than nick young, lou williams, russel or kobe bryant?

No, than what does JC bring to the table? He's not a pg, his handles are not better than them and his defense is not good as well. When you look at the summer league a ton of guys scoring a lot won't be on a nba team come november.

And no I don't played nba 2k, but you guys do since you think players will all improve on their deficiencies like its a video game.

JC doesn't fit with Kobe bryant, unless you think kobe will sit back and let jc dominant the ball.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#69 » by EArl » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Lakers415 wrote:When you guys look at it, is JC a better scorer than nick young, lou williams, russel or kobe bryant?

No, than what does JC bring to the table? He's not a pg, his handles are not better than them and his defense is not good as well. When you look at the summer league a ton of guys scoring a lot won't be on a nba team come november.

And no I don't played nba 2k, but you guys do since you think players will all improve on their deficiencies like its a video game.

JC doesn't fit with Kobe bryant, unless you think kobe will sit back and let jc dominant the ball.

Clarkson is more efficient than Nick Young and Lou Williams. His defense isn't half bad. Obviously needs some improvement. he can bring the ball up the court and isn't scared to take the hard shots. He has good ball handling skills and can be a pg if needed. He is obviously more of a sg than a Pg, but that isn't a problem. While Russell develops, Clarkson can handle main scoring duties on the team while Russel can just deal with primary ball duties. Clarkson starting next to Russell and kobe will also give the others space. i can't wait to see them all play.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#70 » by dockingsched » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:19 pm

Lakers415 wrote:When you guys look at it, is JC a better scorer than nick young, lou williams, russel or kobe bryant?

Clarkson is better at scoring than all those guys including Kobe if what we saw last yr is any indication of where Kobe is at.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Laker_Kid
Starter

Post#71 » by Laker_Kid » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:58 pm

ok ill play along. let me ask you this. you really dont believe players "develop" or "improve"? i dont get why youre so against that idea. might as well tell the nba to trash the most improved player award.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#72 » by Kilroy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:26 pm

Only reason Clarkson should come off the bench is if he starts getting feelings about Russell taking over the team. Otherwise, he's exactly what Russell needs to be playing next to, albeit maybe in a slightly smaller body than would be ideal. A guard like Russell needs a guy on the perimeter that can attack. He's got Clarkson and Randle so far and maybe Kobe. Let the Vets run the second team.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
john248
Starter

Post#73 » by john248 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:58 pm

It doesn't matter to me whether Clarkson starts or not so long as he gets solid minutes. He'd still get plenty of playing time with Russell and Randle if the 3 are seen as the future. He could still finish games with them too. I don't see him as much of a floor spacer either. I see too much Monta Ellis in him though Clarkson could surpass him, but it'd depend on how far along his shooting and passing come along.

Lakers415 wrote:
john248 wrote:

Ever see Tony Allen?

Does allen still start?

You could've looked it up and see that he started last year. And what does that matter? I gave you a player that's worse.
The Last Word
jigga_man
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,125

Post#74 » by jigga_man » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:24 pm

john248 wrote:

Ever see Tony Allen?

The best perimeter defender in the league? I think most on this board has. I wouldn't use him as an example.
john248
Starter

Post#75 » by john248 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:20 pm

jigga_man wrote:
john248 wrote:

Ever see Tony Allen?

The best perimeter defender in the league? I think most on this board has. I wouldn't use him as an example.

So you'd use him as an example as a guy who can shoot? :roll: Good for you. Tell us the virtues of his shooting ability. Since you've seen it apparently.
The Last Word
jigga_man
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,125

Post#76 » by jigga_man » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:13 am

john248 wrote:
jigga_man wrote:
john248 wrote:
Ever see Tony Allen?

So you'd use him as an example as a guy who can shoot? :roll: Good for you. Tell us the virtues of his shooting ability. Since you've seen it apparently.

It appeared to me "shooting" guard meant that the 2 position is not his natural one due to being a combo guard. Just as Tony Allen plays a lot at the 3.

Makes more sense that "shooting" actually means just that. Read too much it too it. Carry on.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#77 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:12 am

Clarkson should definitely start.
He is one of our top 5 players, for one.

But more importantly, we want to see him and Russell develop into a tandem that will be a strong duo for the Lakers going forward.
You have to allow for that chemistry to develop.
ANd I think they will be an excellent complement to each other:Russell with hopefully good ball control, already existent excellent court vision and passing skills, and Clarkson's ability to explode and slash and get to the basket.
Formerly lakerRD
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#78 » by tugs » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 am

Thank you guys he finally stopped.
Lakers415
Banned User

Post#79 » by Lakers415 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:11 am

EArl wrote:

Clarkson is more efficient than Nick Young and Lou Williams. His defense isn't half bad. Obviously needs some improvement. he can bring the ball up the court and isn't scared to take the hard shots. He has good ball handling skills and can be a pg if needed. He is obviously more of a sg than a Pg, but that isn't a problem. While Russell develops, Clarkson can handle main scoring duties on the team while Russel can just deal with primary ball duties. Clarkson starting next to Russell and kobe will also give the others space. i can't wait to see them all play.

He's more efficient because he take's it to the hole most of the time. GUys like kobe, nick and williams love to shoot from the outside because they are good shooters. JC is not. When KObe gets the ball on the block for a good 10 seconds, clarkson wont have the abillity to dribble dribble drive.

In regarding defense, he can get steals like D russel, but his man to man and help d is not good at all. FOr someone as fast as JC, he sure loses his man quite a bit.

He isn't afraid to take those shots because last season no one was there to take them since all the guards got injured for a good chunk outside of JC. When Kobe comes back as do young and williams, no way does JC take any of those shots...
Lakers415
Banned User

Post#80 » by Lakers415 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:23 am

Laker_Kid wrote:

ok ill play along. let me ask you this. you really dont believe players "develop" or "improve"? i dont get why youre so against that idea. might as well tell the nba to trash the most improved player award.

Clarkson is already 23 years old... He might improve, but realistically, I don't see it happening. Even young guys that come in the league don't really improve. Their bodies might, but their skill set not so much...Which is the reason why people always say potential in regards to young kids because they're bodies didnt full develop yet.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers