ImageImageImageImageImage

Scott alludes Kobe will play SF. Clarkson Russell will Start

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Re: Scott alludes Kobe will play SF. Clarkson Russell will Start 

Post#21 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:57 pm

I think that the Lakers should prioritize the development of Russell, Clarkson, and Randle this season...so it's good that they'll be in the starting lineup. The Lakers are forming a little squad right now...I can't wait to watch y'all when the season starts!
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#22 » by Jakay » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:56 pm

EArl wrote:iPhone spell check you bitch :lol:

Scotch eludes Kite will play IF. Clarkson Russell will Starve?
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#23 » by Jakay » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Slava wrote:I hope Kobe takes a step back to let Russell handle the ball and let the team pass and run more rather than park his ass in the post and ask for the ball every time down the floor. For once it'd be nice to see him make it easier for himself when there is talent to work with.

I hope he takes a step back from the playmaking duties too, but honestly, there's no other player better suited to teaching Russell the art of playmaking on this team.

Playmaking from PG and SF coupled with a few targets who can actually score could really be a potent mix, if they can get some kind of well spaced flowing offence to re-emerge from the depths.

Throw in Clarkson of Lou at the 2 and, hypothetically, ball movement should be a major strength. I don't want to be too much of a downer here, but I have serious doubts as to whether or not that will actually be the case.
Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Post#24 » by Lakernut4ever » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:04 pm

It is natural to start Russell, Clarkson, with Kobe at SF. Every sensible coach would do it. Now that we have a nice young core, I'm a little bit worried that Byron Scott will not have what it takes to take them to the next level. Byron is a development coach and is not a championship coach that you trust to go all in. His insistence of playing the Princeton might stunt our young core's growth. Start looking for another coach asap.
lake_show
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#25 » by lake_show » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:49 pm

Lakernut4ever wrote:It is natural to start Russell, Clarkson, with Kobe at SF. Every sensible coach would do it. Now that we have a nice young core, I'm a little bit worried that Byron Scott will not have what it takes to take them to the next level. Byron is a development coach and is not a championship coach that you trust to go all in. His insistence of playing the Princeton might stunt our young core's growth. Start looking for another coach asap.

Eh...

Byron has 3 years left on his contract. The 3rd is a team option. So essentially 2 years if we don't pick up his option. I think that's perfect.

He'll coach all this year giving the young guys some time to develop while we run the Kobe Bryant farewell tour. Then he'll have one year to prove himself or he's out.

We still don't even know what the direction, or identity of this team is going to be. So 2 years seems perfect.
Talking about how bad Julius Randle is:
DEEP3CL wrote:... When dudes know ball we're just going to call out what we see period.
john248
Starter
And1: 651

Post#26 » by john248 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:59 pm

I hope Scott is gone at the end of the year. He sucks. There's no other way to put it.
The Last Word
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Scott alludes Kobe will play SF. Clarkson Russell will Start 

Post#27 » by Mirjalovic » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Lakernut4ever wrote:It is natural to start Russell, Clarkson, with Kobe at SF. Every sensible coach would do it. Now that we have a nice young core, I'm a little bit worried that Byron Scott will not have what it takes to take them to the next level. Byron is a development coach and is not a championship coach that you trust to go all in. His insistence of playing the Princeton might stunt our young core's growth. Start looking for another coach asap.

Can you explain why playing the princenton might stunt our young core's growth ?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#28 » by dipstick » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 am

During his interview during the sixers game, when talking about Young, he basically said Young was coming off the bench at 3 and that Bass was coming off the bench too.

Hopefully Anthony Brown pushes Swaggy to get better and get better trade value too.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#29 » by Mamba Venom » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:07 am

I want to see 1 last season of Kobe the 2nd best SG to ever play. Clarkson and Russell will learn from the best of guard of an era.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
jigga_man
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,098

Post#30 » by jigga_man » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:40 pm

It will be interesting to see how Kobe's offensive game will change when playing the 3. He usually has a size advantage when going to the post, that won't be there anymore.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#31 » by NBAWestFan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Kobe should start but play less than Clarkson

He should play more of a player/coach role

He doesn't really fit in.

If he wasn't KB at this point he should really come off the bench
Lakers415
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#32 » by Lakers415 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:17 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:Kobe should start but play less than Clarkson

He should play more of a player/coach role

He doesn't really fit in.

If he wasn't KB at this point he should really come off the bench

You really want us to be a top 3 pick next year.
Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Post#33 » by Lakernut4ever » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:24 am

Princeton system needs time for players to adjust and get used to it and bring out its full potential. We are better off playing simpler schemes that is easier for our rookies to pick up. Something tells me Scott will stick to it even if it is not working at all. If a team of all stars like Kobe, gasol, metta, nash and dwight didn't get it under mike brown, what makes you say that our rookie will get it asap? I have high hopes for the team but not byron scott. He will be the weakest link in the team because he is not a competent coach but a tank commander.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers