ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers vs. Sixers Summer League Game thread 7/11 (RECAP PG 12!)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

How many assists will Russell have?

<5
28%
5-9
66%
>10
7%

Total votes: 29

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: Lakers vs. Sixers Summer League Game thread 7/11 (RECAP PG 12!) 

Post#241 » by Spens1 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:56 am

Clarkson is love, Clarkson is life

but yeah, these summer league games don't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, more about players working out their game
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#242 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:16 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Too many people are overreacting about 2 summer league games. It's getting quite ridiculous tbh...
I'm starting to think that some here don't really realize why this league is for some of these players. Guys are expecting these guys to be damn near perfect in playing NBA basketball for the first time. Hell some of these guys have never played with all these NBA rules, speed of the game and different play sets before. It's a reason I'm not posting during the games B !....
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Whealy86
Ballboy
And1: 16

Re: Lakers vs. Sixers Summer League Game thread 7/11 

Post#243 » by Whealy86 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:04 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:I can't wait till Okafor plays real NBA centers. His points will go down by a looot.

What makes you think his points will go down by a lot? All I've heard over the last few months is how the NBA is a small ball league now. Plus all the good centers are in the west (Jordan,Davis,Dwight,Gasol,Duncan,etc.. ), the east really doesn't have dominant centers and after seeing Okafor last year and so far this summerleague I can't count on one hand 5 centers in the east that would shut him down. I'm a big Russell fan and do think he will be a stud in time , but that being said i personally think Wolves and Lakers made a mistake passing on Okafor.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#244 » by BEazy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:11 am

Whealy86 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:I can't wait till Okafor plays real NBA centers. His points will go down by a looot.

What makes you think his points will go down by a lot? All I've heard over the last few months is how the NBA is a small ball league now. Plus all the good centers are in the west (Jordan,Davis,Dwight,Gasol,Duncan,etc.. ), the east really doesn't have dominant centers and after seeing Okafor last year and so far this summerleague I can't count on one hand 5 centers in the east that would shut him down. I'm a big Russell fan and do think he will be a stud in time , but that being said i personally think Wolves and Lakers made a mistake passing on Okafor.

Just from those names you mentioned. I mean Philly does have to play 2 games against each team in the West. Chris Bosh, Andre Drummond, Joakim Noah, Vucevic, and even defensive center like Varejao will give him problems. In no way I'm saying he's going to be a bust like some of your other fans are assuming I'm saying. I was just saying it's going to be a problem for him when it comes regular season time. He's not exactly the leaper like some of those guys you and I mentioned. I'm sure the guards of the west are going to give D'Angelo problems too. Your fans just need to calm down when somebody talks about a player of theirs. We Laker fans get it all the time. I understand you lost Embiid for the whole season and it's not looking good for him, but lashing out on this board is unnecessary. Again, if I offended you or anybody on your board with that remark...my bad. I guess I worded that poorly.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Los5782
Junior
And1: 213

Post#245 » by Los5782 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:18 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Whealy86 wrote:

Just from those names you mentioned. I mean Philly does have to play 2 games against each team in the West. Chris Bosh, Andre Drummond, Joakim Noah, Vucevic, and even defensive centers like Varejao will give him problems. In no way I'm saying he's going to be a bust like some of your other fans are assuming I'm saying. I was just saying it's going to be a problem for him when it comes regular season time. He's not exactly the leaper like some of those guys you and I mentioned. Again, if I offended you or anybody on your board with that remark...my bad. I guess I worded that poorly.

Isn't Upshaw an athletic 7fter? Nonetheless, I don't think it'll be too much of an issue, Jahlil has never depended on athleticism, he's always dominated because of his footwork/mobility & IQ, I think he'll be good. An also with Russ. I think he's going to be fine too, he just needs to get the jitters out & have the game slow down for him, the pace is always a struggle for most coming into the NBA, he's going to be fine with some time.
MCDubz-?-KD/Lebron-Noel-Embiid SixerNation!
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#246 » by BEazy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:25 am

Los5782 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Whealy86 wrote:

Just from those names you mentioned. I mean Philly does have to play 2 games against each team in the West. Chris Bosh, Andre Drummond, Joakim Noah, Vucevic, and even defensive centers like Varejao will give him problems. In no way I'm saying he's going to be a bust like some of your other fans are assuming I'm saying. I was just saying it's going to be a problem for him when it comes regular season time. He's not exactly the leaper like some of those guys you and I mentioned. Again, if I offended you or anybody on your board with that remark...my bad. I guess I worded that poorly.

Isn't Upshaw an athletic 7fter? Nonetheless, I don't think it'll be too much of an issue, Jahlil has never depended on athleticism, he's always dominated because of his footwork/mobility & IQ, I think he'll be good. An also with Russ. I think he's going to be fine too, he just needs to get the jitters out & have the game slow down for him, the pace is always a struggle for most coming into the NBA, he's going to be fine with some time.

Upshaw is really tall, I think he's like 7'0 with a 7'5.5 wing span and 9'5 standing reach. I don't think he's a great leaper at all, just really big and long.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#247 » by Rosque » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:18 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
Rosque wrote:
moonpie wrote:Tip off in in 80 minutes!

why the hell does there have to be 6 hour difference between me and LA? ffs. it's already 1:30 am. not sure if i'm gonna make it. yes, stayed home for lakers summer league game on a saturday night...

That's a 9 hour difference with LA, 6 hours with the East Coast. Tend to have the same problem when i go back to Belgium. Really hard to watch games at 4am in the morning.

Yep, you're right.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#248 » by marcush » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:44 am

Maybe time to put Clarkson on ice? Seems a bit above this level.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,228

Post#249 » by EArl » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:13 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnoYiZjo738[/youtube]
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,228

Post#250 » by EArl » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:14 am

marcush wrote:Maybe time to put Clarkson on ice? Seems a bit above this level.

He should be getting less minutes in the next game. He's clearly ready to play in the season.
Scott should put russell by himself to see what he can do.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#251 » by tugs » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:36 am

Yeah save JClark's legs. Probably shift one of the Browns at SG. Let's see some PnR from Russ, Randle, Upshaw, Black. Or feature Randle more during Princeton sets.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#252 » by Laker_Kid » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:54 pm

agreed. give jabari 30min at 2 and let russell loose.
Lakers415
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#253 » by Lakers415 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

One thing I noticed about summer league in general is that a lot of the guys trying to make a team all play selfishly and jack shots up like no tomorrow.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,654

Post#254 » by dockingsched » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Clarkson is basically a man among boys, literally. He's like 3-4 yrs older than most everyone playing right now. Really not fair from a physical maturity standpoint.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#255 » by semi-sentient » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Damn, that was an ugly game from Russell. Nance and Clarkson were once again very solid.

Okafor looked damn good. He's going to be a fantastic scorer (great footwork, nice touch around the basket), and if he gets it together defensively he'll be downright dominant.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
MCDubbin
Junior
And1: 547

Post#256 » by MCDubbin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:44 pm

I apologize for my fellow sixers fan that came in this thread and started ****. Please next time, just ignore them.
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#257 » by Wavy Q » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 pm

kblo247 wrote:Russel, Clarkson, Kobe, Bass, Hibbert
Lou, Young, Nance, Randle, Tarik

That is going to end up being the line up because Bass defends better, that j is automatic, and he finishes at the rim so well. Won't mean Randle won't get his time, yet people will bitch despite that being the best balance

Didn't Byron Scott say in the last SL game that Bass is coming off the bench.
dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#258 » by dipstick » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:15 pm

dockingsched wrote:Clarkson is basically a man among boys, literally. He's like 3-4 yrs older than most everyone playing right now. Really not fair from a physical maturity standpoint.

Its the mental maturity that im worried about. He may be taking the chip on my shoulder bit a little too far. Although its great tp see him showcase his skills and make a statement that he is beyond summer league, I would hope that he'd make an effort to make our rookies better players as well by creating for them. Looking to dish to an open guy.

Hopefully someone would tell him that he has proven his point and its time for the rooks to gain experience and confidence, and to showcase what they can do.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#259 » by Slava » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:03 pm

dockingsched wrote:Clarkson is basically a man among boys, literally. He's like 3-4 yrs older than most everyone playing right now. Really not fair from a physical maturity standpoint.

Most of the Sixers guys were in the same age range too, Jakari Sampson is 23, Pierre Jackson 22, Scottie Wilbeken who defended Clarkson for most of the game was 22. That additional year of NBA experience is what I think separates guys like Lavine and Clarkson from everyone else on the floor. The game is a step slower for them.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#260 » by Slava » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Wavy Q wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Russel, Clarkson, Kobe, Bass, Hibbert
Lou, Young, Nance, Randle, Tarik

That is going to end up being the line up because Bass defends better, that j is automatic, and he finishes at the rim so well. Won't mean Randle won't get his time, yet people will bitch despite that being the best balance

Didn't Byron Scott say in the last SL game that Bass is coming off the bench.

Yeah but looking at Randle, he's still raw as a badger's ass. Unless he shows something between now till the start of season, he will be coming off the bench for Bass.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers