ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA VII

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Re: Around the NBA VII 

Post#1681 » by Doormatt » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:17 am

Simmons is basically a bigger Rondo right now. His unwillingness to shoot or be a scorer will make or break his NBA career, doesn't matter how good his vision or passing is. Rondo has been a below average offensive player basically his entire career, outside of a few outlier playoff performances there's not much going on. I think Simmons has the talent and potential to be at least a good scorer, but he has to be WAY more aggressive. I think it was Zubac who switched onto him and gave him like 4 feet of space and he still wouldn't shoot it. If he won't even take that shot in summer league, God knows what he will do playing against NBA level defenses.

Right now, Ingram looks to be much more promising. His shortcomings are more easily fixed and his floor is much higher than Simmons because of his length and shooting ability. Simmons has a crazy ceiling if he ever becomes a legit scorer though.
#doorgek
Trips71
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#1682 » by Trips71 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:58 pm

Lakernut4ever wrote:
lakerRD wrote:Calvin Watkins
ESPN Staff Writer
Houston Rockets guard James Harden has signed a four-year contract extension, owner Leslie Alexander said. "I'm happy to be here for four more years," Harden said. "This is home for me."

Let us see if he is still that optimistic when the losses pile up because of their no defense....reject coach :lol:

That's why Harden signed the extension. Now Harden has a coach that hates teaching / practicing defense as much as Harden hates playing defense. Those two are a match made in heaven.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#1683 » by gts1 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:38 pm

No surprise here, Blazers true to their word

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/752248250896297984[/tweet]
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#1684 » by dipstick » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:36 pm

I was thinking of Ellington as possible addition as a shooter. He just got 2 years 12m after a bad year.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#1685 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:19 am

The Heat just matched Tyler Johnson.
That really is amazing.
He has 7 career starts.
I think he missed most of last season with a shoulder injury.
Formerly lakerRD
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#1686 » by iamworthy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:34 am

Ben Simmons is standing like 5 ft outside the 3pt line and the defender is picking him up at the freethrow line.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Post#1687 » by Slava » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:14 pm

Damn, Duncan retires! Likely the most consistent player I've ever seen.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#1688 » by Mirjalovic » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:22 pm

Slava wrote:Damn, Duncan retires! Likely the most consistent player I've ever seen.

if KG/DIrk retire this year, 2020 will be the greatest HOF class ever
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#1689 » by crazyeights » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Draymond Green arrested on assault charges:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16985783/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-arrested-assault-charges-michigan

Let's see what the idiot did this time.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,317

Post#1690 » by Ckay » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:11 pm

O M G
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/752497169299570688[/tweet]
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1691 » by Kilroy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Ckay wrote:O M G
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/752497169299570688[/tweet]

Just for the fools like me who have no idea what's going on there, it's the Drew League and that's Shannon Sharpe...

This one:

Not this one:

Although that would be a better story.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,298

Post#1692 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Kilroy wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv4Yy6aAWgw[/youtube]

also check out kobe's old man posterising kareem at 6:28
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1693 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:47 pm

Doormatt wrote:
WVlakerfan wrote:Does anybody else think that the Warriors are one draymond green injury from massively under performing. I'm not wishing that on anybody but they have given up a ton of depth this year and a injury to their defensive anchor could be awful. also hope klay becomes under appreciated and wants to spread his wings to LA when his free agency comes up.

Dray is clearly very important, but you can argue an injury to any key player in the NBA will severely hurt his teams title chance. We saw it happen to the clips last season. An injury to Lebron or Kyrie takes the cavs out of contention, an injury to Kawhi or LMA takes the spurs out, an injury to Harden, etc. Pointless to single out the warriors when you can say that about any team. In terms of importance Dray is definitely more valuable than Klay though with the addition of KD.

I also highly doubt Klay leaves because he doesn't feel appreciated, all that team has ever talked about is winning. I mean Curry has actually had to tell Klay to shoot more and be more comfortable taking over, he clearly doesn't have a huge ego.

While on the subject of GS, are they gonna be able to pay Curry when he becomes a free agent or will they be the next OKC.
Forum permissions