Lakers to face off against the Wolves on opening day

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Re: Lakers to face off against the Wolves on opening day 

Post#81 » by Jakay » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:16 am

LakersDynasty14 wrote:Wow, what an insult. The Lakers are the marquis franchise in the NBA, and just because they've had a couple of rough seasons due mostly to injuries all of the sudden we're relegated to opening the season on local TV against one of the NBA's perennial bottom feeding franchises?

Lakers should be opening the season with a nationally televised contest against a real basketball team. They still have Kobe Bryant, and they are still the most popular team in the NBA. I would hope that being that this could be Kobe's last season that the association would do all it can to celebrate him and his Hall of Fame career and feature them on as many nationally televised games as possible. Opening the season against a scrub team like Minnesota is total BS if you ask me.

As opposed to going against some top flight competition on TNT and getting dusted up hard during a (inter)nationally televised game?

Yeah, Wolves are a good matchup to start things off.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#82 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:23 pm

urinesane wrote:What if the Wolves win?
Then the Wolves will be 1-0.....it'll still be 81 more games to go and it certainly won't be a championship won on opening night. Other than being 1-0 what would the Wolves really accomplish ?
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Re: RE: Re: Lakers to face off against the Wolves on opening day 

Post#83 » by Laker_Kid » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:08 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
urinesane wrote:What if the Wolves win?
Then the Wolves will be 1-0.....it'll still be 81 more games to go and it certainly won't be a championship won on opening night. Other than being 1-0 what would the Wolves really accomplish ?

Lol well said. If i was him i'd just walk away at this point.
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User
And1: 77

Post#84 » by FrozenIceCubes » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:51 pm

A Wolves fans is harping on his team winning the 1st regular season game while we only talk championship banners that's the difference between the Lakers and teams like the Clippers/Wolves no matter how many times those fans start to use bragging rights you know they will fail miserably.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#85 » by RingsDontLie » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:33 pm

FrozenIceCubes wrote:A Wolves fans is harping on his team winning the 1st regular season game while we only talk championship banners that's the difference between the Lakers and teams like the Clippers/Wolves no matter how many times those fans start to use bragging rights you know they will fail miserably.

Well I'm harping on the lakers winning their first game. I'd like for the Lakers to get off to a good start. They got a pretty "easy" schedule to start and every game counts when you are fighting for those playoff spots. :D
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User
And1: 77

Post#86 » by FrozenIceCubes » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:55 pm

Yep. Season openers are always intense so I'm expecting the Lakers/Wolves game to be close.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#87 » by PharmD » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:13 am

TN3LL662 wrote:Was just reading the T-Wolves board. The Lakers shouldn't even show up on opening night because their gonna get ran out the gym by the Wolves. Even saw that Rubio is going to be the best player on the court if he's 100%.

That's true though right? Who is better in that game?

Rubio is the best player in that game, Wiggins probably the second best.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#88 » by Slava » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:38 am

PharmD wrote:
TN3LL662 wrote:Was just reading the T-Wolves board. The Lakers shouldn't even show up on opening night because their gonna get ran out the gym by the Wolves. Even saw that Rubio is going to be the best player on the court if he's 100%.

That's true though right? Who is better in that game?

Rubio is the best player in that game, Wiggins probably the second best.

Bennett is probably the third best, Shabazz the 4th, Kevin Martin 5th, Flip Saunders 6th, Stu Lantz 7th and that scrub Kobe is probably going to be mopping floors between plays.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#89 » by ak7 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Minnesota Fans saying Rubio is a better player than Kobe (at any point in Kobe's career) intrigues me to move to Minnesota upon retirement to smoke whatever good **** they apparently have there. They might be on that new ****... Flakka.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#91 » by PharmD » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:21 am

Sorry, i'm new. The prevailing thinking around here is that Kobe is still good??
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#92 » by Slava » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:26 am

PharmD wrote:Sorry, i'm new. The prevailing thinking around here is that Kobe is still good??

No, the prevailing thinking is that Kobe is a has been but Rubio is a never been.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#93 » by LApwnd » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:24 am

ak7 wrote:
urinesane wrote:
LApwnd wrote:Until your team does something important your past is what you gona get judged by....everybody wants to throw la under the bus and talk bout how bleak our future look but we're barely 5yrs removed from being b2b champs, when was last time Minn did anything note worthy besides trading away franchise players after franchise players and continuing to fail?

Changing the goal posts again are we? First you made up an argument that I said the Wolves future is "leaps and bounds better than the Lakers" (which I never said). Now that it didn't work, you change it back to the past and for some reason playing the victim.

Please quote where I threw the Lakers under the bus and talked about how bleak their future is (I simply said the Wolves future looks brighter). You're the ones talking sh*t and acting like the Wolves will be an easy win for you to start the year, even though you may have two rookies starting (Randle is basically a rookie).

Cling on to the past all you want, and act like you're being persecuted in some way, it won't matter.

Also the reason people hate the Lakers isn't because they are good, it's because of their fans.

Careful, you're being no better than a "Laker fan" right now gloating on another team's forum about how your teams future is brighter and then insulting them when they answer back.

I'd still be willing to bet the house on us winning a championship again far before the Wolves win one and not think twice about it.

considering where Minn has been and where LA has been, seems to me history tends to dictate both our franchise pretty well as far as future prediction goes. There's a reason why Minn has been lottery bound for 10+yrs straight now.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers