Lakers to face off against the Wolves on opening day

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Re: Lakers to face off against the Wolves on opening day 

Post#21 » by Sofa King » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:34 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Sofa King wrote:We should do a joint Game Thread with the T'wolves board. Classy fans there and worked out in the past.
Yeah but my harsh critique of their team made a lot of them pissed. Even their mod had to tell them not to quote me. This game is going to opening night and I'll be in battle mode on the post.

Here let me start it off....

Minnesota ain't that good.

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#22 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:57 am

“Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.”
– Yoda
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#23 » by Murphs56 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:19 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Sofa King wrote:We should do a joint Game Thread with the T'wolves board. Classy fans there and worked out in the past.
Yeah but my harsh critique of their team made a lot of them pissed. Even their mod had to tell them not to quote me. This game is going to opening night and I'll be in battle mode on the post.

Take that back!
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#24 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:23 am

Murphs56 wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:

Take that back!
Only if you beat us !
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#25 » by Sofa King » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:12 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Spoiler:

“Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.”
– Yoda

gotokyo
Rookie
And1: 283

Post#26 » by gotokyo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:04 am

Love this is the first game to start the season.

A lot of young, exciting talent going up against each other.

A+ to whomever scheduled that.
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#27 » by SF_Warriors » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:48 pm

LakersDynasty14 wrote:Wow, what an insult. The Lakers are the marquis franchise in the NBA, and just because they've had a couple of rough seasons due mostly to injuries all of the sudden we're relegated to opening the season on local TV against one of the NBA's perennial bottom feeding franchises?

Lakers should be opening the season with a nationally televised contest against a real basketball team. They still have Kobe Bryant, and they are still the most popular team in the NBA. I would hope that being that this could be Kobe's last season that the association would do all it can to celebrate him and his Hall of Fame career and feature them on as many nationally televised games as possible. Opening the season against a scrub team like Minnesota is total BS if you ask me.

The wolves are one of the most exciting up and coming teams in the nba...

wiggins, towns, and lavine are all big draws.All three are fun to watch for multiple reasons: AW because of his ROY status, lavine because of his athleticism, and towns because of his No. 1 pick status, passing ability & faceup game.
and rubio is one of the most entertaining at his position.

Also, the kg versus kobe dynamic will be there, and as some have pointed out, very interesting matchups.
sheefo13
Junior
And1: 79

Post#28 » by sheefo13 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:06 pm

It is genius by the NBA to make this the opening night game. The Lakers or Timberwolves will start the season undefeated. The best part is, it is going to be a fun game to watch! What is not being talked about is LaVine playing in LA. He had his breakout game against the lakers last year around Thanksgiving.
www.timberrebuilder.com
Like on Facebook, twitter, & Instagram @timberrebuilder
Rebuilding Wolves Fandom since 2004.
trevm37
Junior
And1: 215

Post#29 » by trevm37 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:16 pm

I've always enjoyed Wolves/Lakers games, so much young talent on both sides of the ball. Ill definitely be there opening night....
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#30 » by urinesane » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:23 pm

Don't forget about...

Spoiler:

If he's 100% it's a hell of a tough match up for Russell to start his career.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#31 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:03 am

urinesane wrote:Don't forget about...

If he's 100% it's a hell of a tough match up for Russell to start his career.[/spoiler]
Lol....how ? The dude isn't a scorer or a guy that puts extreme pressure on your defense. I saw this comment from you on maybe your forum or somewhere but I don't get how Rubio is a tough match up for D-Lo right out the gate. Sorry but it's not...keep telling yourself that though. It's not Rubio is some sort of defensive wizard either, pretty sure D-Lo and Clarkson will have their moments against him. It's not going to be some one sided fantasy you're making yourself believe.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by urinesane » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:53 am

DEEP3CL wrote:

If he's 100% it's a hell of a tough match up for Russell to start his career.[/spoiler]
Lol....how ? The dude isn't a scorer or a guy that puts extreme pressure on your defense. I saw this comment from you on maybe your forum or somewhere but I don't get how Rubio is a tough match up for D-Lo right out the gate. Sorry but it's not...keep telling yourself that though. It's not Rubio is some sort of defensive wizard either, pretty sure D-Lo and Clarkson will have their moments against him. It's not going to be some one sided fantasy you're making yourself believe.

He's one of the best defending PGs in the league and probably the best pure passer in the league.

You wouldn't know much about that outside of your Laker fan bubble of delusion though, would you?
indilakeshow
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#33 » by indilakeshow » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:40 am

DEEP3CL wrote:

Sure but its also not going to be as easy as you make it out to seem either. I mean, D Will? Yeah. I'd be pretty upset if Russell didn't destroy him. But Rubio? Still a decent pg compared to the unknown Russell.
GreenWithEnvy wrote:
Lakers have absolutely nothing besides Kobe and Lamar to get Andre Miller...give it up Laker fans.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Re: RE: Re: Lakers to face off against the Wolves on opening day 

Post#34 » by RingsDontLie » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:30 pm

FreakMaster wrote:With this being an opening day matchup, networks are obviously trying to move past the Kobe show. They want to highlight Russell, Clarkson, and Randle vs KAT, Wiggins, and LaVine.

I think the NBA wants to show the game with the best TV ratings. With this possibly being Kobe's last season, the top #1 and #2 draft debut, and to see how Towns does against a real NBA center with size in Hibbert....this will be a match up everyone wants to see.
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by urinesane » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:36 pm

LakersDynasty14 wrote:Wow, what an insult. The Lakers are the marquis franchise in the NBA, and just because they've had a couple of rough seasons due mostly to injuries all of the sudden we're relegated to opening the season on local TV against one of the NBA's perennial bottom feeding franchises?

Lakers should be opening the season with a nationally televised contest against a real basketball team. They still have Kobe Bryant, and they are still the most popular team in the NBA. I would hope that being that this could be Kobe's last season that the association would do all it can to celebrate him and his Hall of Fame career and feature them on as many nationally televised games as possible. Opening the season against a scrub team like Minnesota is total BS if you ask me.

You may be surprised by the Wolves roster you see opening night...

The past means nothing and the Wolves are currently in a much better situation to compete in the future than the Lakers.

You don't think the Lakers will be competing for a playoff spot this year, do you?
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#36 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:01 am

urinesane wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:

He's one of the best defending PGs in the league and probably the best pure passer in the league.

You wouldn't know much about that outside of your Laker fan bubble of delusion though, would you?
I can tell by your postings you're very young....probably just started watching ball maybe 5-10 years ago, but in what world is Rubio the best defending PG ?

Dude has NEVER made an All NBA Defensive team yet, talking about delusion and fan bubbles.....you're lost in your own sauce. Dude not only am I a Laker fan but I got knowledge on all of the NBA teams and their history.

I can take you to school on this if you want to go at it kid.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#37 » by Laker_Kid » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:11 am

urinesane wrote:The past means nothing and the Wolves are currently in a much better situation to compete in the future than the Lakers.
Like all other fans of loser frachises say.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#38 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:12 am

urinesane wrote:You may be surprised by the Wolves roster you see opening night...
No...we know what to expect.

urinesane wrote:The past means nothing and the Wolves are currently in a much better situation to compete in the future than the Lakers.
Oh please stop with this BS...yeah the Wolves are heading in a good direction but in no way they're leaps and bounds above the Lakers or any other young team on the rise. The Laker future is just as good if not better than everybody if you want to be real about it. I mean we'll be armed with the most cap space of any team for the next 2 years, enough money to offer up to 3 max deals.

urinesane wrote:You don't think the Lakers will be competing for a playoff spot this year, do you?
And you don't think the Wolves will be do you ? I mean by the looks of it we have a way better shot than your boys do. All your veterans are old as me and I'm older than they are....bottom line they can't play meaningful minutes anymore so they'll have minimal impact on games.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#39 » by Feilong » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:58 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
urinesane wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Lol....how ? The dude isn't a scorer or a guy that puts extreme pressure on your defense. I saw this comment from you on maybe your forum or somewhere but I don't get how Rubio is a tough match up for D-Lo right out the gate. Sorry but it's not...keep telling yourself that though. It's not Rubio is some sort of defensive wizard either, pretty sure D-Lo and Clarkson will have their moments against him. It's not going to be some one sided fantasy you're making yourself believe.

I can tell by your postings you're very young....probably just started watching ball maybe 5-10 years ago, but in what world is Rubio the best defending PG ?

Dude has NEVER made an All NBA Defensive team yet, talking about delusion and fan bubbles.....you're lost in your own sauce. Dude not only am I a Laker fan but I got knowledge on all of the NBA teams and their history.

I can take you to school on this if you want to go at it kid.

He didn't say he is the best defensive PG. He said he is one of the best.
I don't know if you like stats or not http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/1
#1 vs #2 pick and lot of young talent from both teams. It will be a very interesting game. Both fan bases should be excited.
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by urinesane » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:14 pm

Laker_Kid wrote:
Like all other fans of loser frachises say.

You know being a fan of a winning team doesn't make you a winner, right?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers