Per CBSSPORTS NBA stats

Lakers are currently ranked
12th Scoring
11th Rebounds
17th FG PCT
18th 3PT PCT
6th 3PTA
17th Opponents PPG at 98.8

Preamble: Preseason is obviously not directly representative of regular season due to typical sloppy play and teams experimenting with rosters. Also the next 4 games will show more than the first 4.

My takeaways
Even with horrible rotations that should never see an NBA court our defense is already much better than last year.(Hibbert's presence is felt.)
Despite Scott's quote heard round the world we are shooting the 3 ball more often and more effectively.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Re: PRE SEASON STATS 

Post#2 » by Slava » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:39 pm

You are looking at raw stats, which can be quite meaningless when not adjusted for pace. CBS Sports does not give offensive ratings which are more useful for comparison purposes. INstead if you look at per 48 min stats:

15th in defense
12th on offense
20th in assists
11th in rebounds
8th in blocks (Surprisingly Indiana is top even after losing Hibbert)
12th in turnovers

17th in team FG% (42.8%)
10th in opponent FG% (43.7%)

I'd be ecstatic if we maintained those positions for the regular season and see a bump in the assist rate.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
WVlakerfan
Junior
And1: 97

Re: PRE SEASON STATS 

Post#3 » by WVlakerfan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Either way it still looks much better than last year and i think the assists will bump up once we start playing real rotations. For the first 3 games the bench did not move the ball well with lou williams as the facilitator. I wouldn't be surprised if during regular season you always see one of Russel/Clarkson on the floor at all times. If Huerta can show that he belongs in the NBA he will take up some of the minutes obviously for short stretches where they both need a breather.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain

Return to Los Angeles Lakers