ImageImageImageImageImage

TMZ: Odom 'fighting for his life' after bender

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Re: TMZ: Odom 'fighting for his life' after bender 

Post#81 » by perempe20 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:45 pm

ardee wrote:What an amazing story it would be if he recovers and we give him a spot at the minimum and he actually is able to give us some minutes off the pine for a couple of years.

Godspeed Lamar, never gonna forget what you gave us.

let him play a game. give him a 10-day contract.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#82 » by gts1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Little update on Lamar Odom. I'll paraphrase/recap the misc reports from across the net (no TMZ stuff..lol)

Lamar will need a kidney transplant in the future, he's on dialysis for several hours per day now keeping him alive
Has some problems with his lungs that they don't know what the long term effects will be
He can speak "a few words" though total damage to his brain from the "dozens of strokes" he suffered will not be known for some time
Security is heavy around his hospital room after somebody claiming he called on the phone tried to get into his room late last night
Blood supposedly tested positive for cocaine but sheriffs department refuses to confirm report until prosecutors office looks at the findings
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
gts1
Starter

Post#83 » by gts1 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Another update:

Although Khloe Kardashian said last month that the 36-year-old former NBA star could be "mentally fully recovered" in a year and a half, a source close to Lamar tells ET that, currently, he's far from looking like his old self.

"He's not doing great," the source says. "His speech is still slurred and he can barely walk on his own yet. He forgets a lot of people's names -- sometimes even his own. He definitely has some memory loss."

http://www.etonline.com/news/178021_lamar_odom_not_doing_great_sometimes_forgets_his_own_name_source_says/
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,155

Post#84 » by Edrees » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:59 am

The best story would be if we signed him to a 10 day contract so he could play on Kobe's last game of his career.
gts1
Starter

Post#85 » by gts1 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:55 am

Edrees wrote:The best story would be if we signed him to a 10 day contract so he could play on Kobe's last game of his career.

That would be a nice ending but it sounds like he's miles/years away from that type of event in his life. The guy had a few strokes after all...

I'd hate to see him paraded out and propped up for some faux feel good moment, if he can't walk out on his own or can't comprehend why he's there then I say leave him in peace
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#86 » by Slava » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:15 am

Edrees wrote:The best story would be if we signed him to a 10 day contract so he could play on Kobe's last game of his career.

eh? Apparently he barely remembers his name or has psychomotor functionality working right now. The man suffered around 9 strokes in his drug induced sleep, the best story right now would be if he can spend the rest of his life with most of his significant memory recovered and walk on his own.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,155

Post#87 » by Edrees » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:22 am

Slava wrote:

eh? Apparently he barely remembers his name or has psychomotor functionality working right now. The man suffered around 9 strokes in his drug induced sleep, the best story right now would be if he can spend the rest of his life with most of his significant memory recovered and walk on his own.

I know it's not likely I"m just saying that would mean he was able to get better quickly so it would be a great thing to happen. Just that I pray something like this happens. Just wishing the best for him, sometimes quick recoveries to horrible things can happen.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#88 » by dockingsched » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:11 pm

i know this suggestion is coming from genuine concern and hope for lamar, but thats a terrible idea honestly. turning kobe's last game into a lamar odom/tmz circus is probably the last thing the team wants, and subjecting lamar to that type of pressure and public eye probably isn't good for him either.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to Los Angeles Lakers