ImageImageImageImageImage

Pre Season Game #6 10/17 Lakers vs Warriors 7PM...San Diego,Ca.

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

The Prodigy
Starter
And1: 469

Re: Pre Season Game #6 10/17 Lakers vs Warriors 7PM...San Diego,Ca. 

Post#161 » by The Prodigy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 pm

I was so impressed with Randle. He took it right at a guy who got a lot of DPOY consideration and made him look like an absolute chump.

I also loved Clarkson's contained aggressiveness and Huertas, who looked like the season professional playmaker he is.

Finally, Nance Jr. Wow! Ezeli's gonna need some therapy for PTSD after that.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#162 » by Little Digger » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Randle is a beast..If he had a little more size he'd be a franchise type PF..Even without it, he could end up being a All-Star level player.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
chefy12
Junior
And1: 78

Post#163 » by chefy12 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:55 pm

russel needs to be more aggressive.
The Prodigy
Starter
And1: 469

Post#164 » by The Prodigy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:33 pm

chefy12 wrote:russel needs to be more aggressive.

I don't think aggressiveness was an issue. He took six shots in a quarter after all. He just needs to hit that three point shot at a similar clip as in his college career. He missed some open ones.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#165 » by iamworthy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:48 pm

The Prodigy wrote:
chefy12 wrote:russel needs to be more aggressive.

I don't think aggressiveness was an issue. He took six shots in a quarter after all. He just needs to hit that three point shot at a similar clip as in his college career. He missed some open ones.

Naw, he needs to be more aggressive. If the three balls not going in he needs to put it on the floor and get into the lane. His level of activity is not where it needs to be in my opnion. Marcelo Huertas was ultra aggressive and he only took two shots.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#166 » by Mirjalovic » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:59 pm

true.

but it's probably because he's only a rookie and freshman.

but to think Irving, Wall, Rose already made an impact in their first year, he needs to step it up.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

gutobr
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,222

Post#167 » by gutobr » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Very impressive the way how Huertas talk with other players during the game, great leadership.

would like to see him with the starters.

yesterday he brings the Lakers bench from 3 point deficit to a 9 point lead.
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User
And1: 77

Post#168 » by FrozenIceCubes » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:47 pm

The Warriors were missing Bogut/Thompson while the Lakers were without there best player and 2 good players in Bass and Lou... Hopefully this game is a sign that the team can keep up with the top-tiers....
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#169 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:05 pm

And here I thought the Lakers two best players were in the starting lineup. Considering how atrocious Kobe is on one end of the floor and his diminishing efficiency on offense, it's hard for me to see him as the best player on the team.
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User
And1: 77

Post#170 » by FrozenIceCubes » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:13 pm

As far as Impact he is without doubt the most Important player... If he goes down again with a season ending injury your so called opionion on his play at the other end of the floor and his offensive efficiency wouldn't matter cause the season would be toast... Kobes impact doesn't show on the stat sheet.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Re: RE: Re: Pre Season Game #6 10/17 Lakers vs Warriors 7PM...San Diego,Ca. 

Post#171 » by RingsDontLie » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:30 pm

Laker_Kid wrote:liked what little i saw from frazier. maybe a possibility in the future. but i dont think he showed enough. i hope holmes get some burn next game. otherwise he's pretty much gone. if he isnt already considered to be. jabari's too identical with other players we already have. he too should get cut. also sacre for obvious reasons. kelly is looking like trade fodder.

basically frazier, holmes, jabari, sacre, and kelly needs to get cut.

keeping world peace as insurance is a good idea imo. dont want to mention kobe but that sf spot seems fragile. nance upshaw and a.brown to the dleague/inactive list.

Kelly? Kelly has been looking good out there to me. He has good length, size, and can shoot the ball from distance. He seems more sure of himself out there as well. We want to keep him.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: RE: Re: Pre Season Game #6 10/17 Lakers vs Warriors 7PM...San Diego,Ca. 

Post#172 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:41 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:
Laker_Kid wrote:liked what little i saw from frazier. maybe a possibility in the future. but i dont think he showed enough. i hope holmes get some burn next game. otherwise he's pretty much gone. if he isnt already considered to be. jabari's too identical with other players we already have. he too should get cut. also sacre for obvious reasons. kelly is looking like trade fodder.

basically frazier, holmes, jabari, sacre, and kelly needs to get cut.

keeping world peace as insurance is a good idea imo. dont want to mention kobe but that sf spot seems fragile. nance upshaw and a.brown to the dleague/inactive list.

Kelly? Kelly has been looking good out there to me. He has good length, size, and can shoot the ball from distance. He seems more sure of himself out there as well. We want to keep him.
Yeah......only to move him in a deal. If we'd scored a 2nd rounder for him I'd be ecstatic if Mitch went gangsta like that. But one damn thing for sure he doesn't fit what this team needs, he can't just be a floor stretcher and provide nothing else. He has defense and rebounding issues that he hasn't figured out yet.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#173 » by Jakay » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:07 am

Marcelo, I just saw game highlights of him... I mean if that's third string PG that's just a no brainer, but really that was in keep Clarkson full time at the 2 and give Marcelo a chance as backup PG. His passing, what he can do to help Russell along and still be a useful player...

He just threw seasoned exceptional passes. Not brilliant ones, but just so strong and controlled. A good different look on the floor as far as running the team too.

I gotta watch an actual game with him in to say for certain though.

+only one game

Return to Los Angeles Lakers