ImageImageImageImageImage

[GT] LAKERS @HEAT - American Airways Arena - TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10th, 7:30 PM EST

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: [GT] LAKERS @HEAT - American Airways Arena - TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10th, 7:30 PM EST 

Post#181 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:46 am

moonpie wrote:I'll start a prospect tracker thread once the NCAA season officially gets underway. We do have our 2nd round pick this year
I wouldn't get too high about this draft, it's gonna be really weak after the first 5 picks. Even though we have our 2nd, I hope we could land this dude....Alex Poythress (currently ranked as the 58th pick to be selected), had he not broken his leg he would've came out this year. He's not much of a scorer but he can defend being 6'8".
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Re: [GT] LAKERS @HEAT - American Airways Arena - TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10th, 7:30 PM EST 

Post#182 » by moonpie » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:50 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
moonpie wrote:I'll start a prospect tracker thread once the NCAA season officially gets underway. We do have our 2nd round pick this year
I wouldn't get too high about this draft, it's gonna be really weak after the first 5 picks. Even though we have our 2nd, I hope we could land this dude....Alex Poythress (currently ranked as the 58th pick to be selected), had he not broken his leg he would've came out this year. He's not much of a scorer but he can defend being 6'8".

Feels like Poythress has been in college forever
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User
And1: 77

Post#183 » by FrozenIceCubes » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:56 am

dockingsched wrote:There's really no need to talk about a "tank" when that term is mostly used for teams not trying to win. Unfortunately lakers just aren't good, nothing to do with a tank. Really the lakers are looking like they'll be last in the west and competing with the sixers and nets for a top 3 pick.

Have a feeling lottery day is going to be one hell of a stressful day for all fans.

The last few years was all about people making excuses about injuries/Identity and now that everyone is healthy we are not good? hilarious.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Post#184 » by Laker_Kid » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:07 am

can we not talk about the lottery and tanking yet. sigh. the bad vibes are back.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#185 » by Danny Darko » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:47 am

Well i am not at all as negative about this year as last... last year we had nothing until Clarkson emerged. This year we have some parts I like, it's just that evidently the hallmark of a Scott Team is favoring vets no matter how much they suck or are not in the future of the franchise and also talking about defense without teaching it (something Boozer obviously was correct about)
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#186 » by Danny Darko » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:07 am

Randle is still a physical beast with some skills and a lot to learn (but dude has not even played 10 games in the NBA)
Russell needs burn and really really needs someone to demand he drives more often to create better kick opportunity.
Clarkson is shooting great, but he needs to focus on D and gets knocked around a weird amount for some of the strength he shows.
Nance Jr has the makings of a really solid player in just about every aspect other than beyond the arc.
Brown- i think he deserves a few minutes. I don't expect much, but I always notice his off ball D and that is one of the areas we don't have much of.

Hibbert at the right price helps D and has a nice mid range stroke and ft percent. I'd prefer he was a bigger low post threat and rebounder though. I still think Upshaw has a bigger ceiling and would prefer we had gone Okafor instead of having convos about either Roy or Russell. (we'd be complaining about Okafor too, though)

I'm surprised Huertas has looked so bad, looks like he can't shoot a lick or guard anyone.

Lou is Lou... I don't hate him like many do here, but I think the real problem is that Scott doesn't know when to use him like Vinny the microwave and then sit him just as fast.

Metta is playing really well for the role he has. I feel he is a big bonus to the kids, his attitude is great, he doesn't need tons of minutes, and I almost think he should be an assistant coach priority with these kids later.

Bass- utter garbage, which I wasn't expecting.
Swaggy- i think is a bad example and redundant to Lou.

Black- I would call him a decent backup and he still has room for growth.
Sacre- at least we aren't seeing him play or complain.

Kobe- disappointed he can't just be efficient and let go of the part of him that has been hard on Laker teams for most of the last 6 years other than the vino stretch before the achilles.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#187 » by moonpie » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:34 am

Is it too early to make a 16' free agency thread?
Tarik_shaq
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#188 » by Tarik_shaq » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:45 am

DEEP3CL wrote:

We wouldnt have to worry if its only a top 5 pick draft cuz we'll only worry about it since we're going to have to pick in the top 3. Forget about that 2nd.

Anyways, jaylen brown sounds like a good consolation prize.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#189 » by Goudelock » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:28 am

From a Deadspin article:

So if Russell can’t play in the fourth quarter of close games, and he can’t play in the fourth quarter of blowouts, when can he play in the fourth quarter?

Anyone got the answer?
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
chefy12
Junior
And1: 78

Post#190 » by chefy12 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Edrees wrote:Metta is actually the best player on this team. (factoring in offense and defense) Even for one night, that's crazy

metta knows his role on the team and he accept his limitations, kobe needs to learn from him or start watching bowen or batier tapes if he actually wants to help the team
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#191 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:38 pm

PockyCandy wrote:From a Deadspin article:

So if Russell can’t play in the fourth quarter of close games, and he can’t play in the fourth quarter of blowouts, when can he play in the fourth quarter?

Anyone got the answer?

When he stops dating a Kardashian?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#192 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:05 pm

Danny Darko wrote:Well i am not at all as negative about this year as last... last year we had nothing until Clarkson emerged. This year we have some parts I like, it's just that evidently the hallmark of a Scott Team is favoring vets no matter how much they suck or are not in the future of the franchise and also talking about defense without teaching it (something Boozer obviously was correct about)

Do you think minutes and rotations 50 games into the season will be like they are now? The only thing I'm thinking is that maybe Scott is bringing DLO more slowly into the NBA game, by that I don't mean 2-3 seasons but 20-30 games to get a little adjustment. If so then the first 10 games are not necessarily an indication of how the season will largely play out.

If things are like they are now 50 games from now, it will are bad. But hopefully not?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,674

Post#193 » by dockingsched » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:15 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:Well i am not at all as negative about this year as last... last year we had nothing until Clarkson emerged. This year we have some parts I like, it's just that evidently the hallmark of a Scott Team is favoring vets no matter how much they suck or are not in the future of the franchise and also talking about defense without teaching it (something Boozer obviously was correct about)

Do you think minutes and rotations 50 games into the season will be like they are now? The only thing I'm thinking is that maybe Scott is bringing DLO more slowly into the NBA game, by that I don't mean 2-3 seasons but 20-30 games to get a little adjustment. If so then the first 10 games are not necessarily an indication of how the season will largely play out.

If things are like they are now 50 games from now, it will are bad. But hopefully not?

he probably is trying to bring Russell on slowly, but he's doing a terrible of it. Russell has been totally shut out of 3 of 7 4th quarters. He got shut out of a blow out, he got shut out of close games. Nick Young has logged twice as many 4th quarter minutes as Russell. From all of Russell's post game comments Scott has never given Russell any insight into what he can do to change that if there is anything he can do to change it. Scott is on record saying that Russell was working too hard to prep for the game, so its not like Russell's been loafing around not getting ready.

Russell being totally frustrated and yanked around without an explanation doesn't have to be part of the bringing him along slowly process.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#194 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:30 pm

dockingsched wrote:he probably is trying to bring Russell on slowly, but he's doing a terrible of it. Russell has been totally shut out of 3 of 7 4th quarters. He got shut out of a blow out, he got shut out of close games. Nick Young has logged twice as many 4th quarter minutes as Russell. From all of Russell's post game comments Scott has never given Russell any insight into what he can do to change that if there is anything he can do to change it. Scott is on record saying that Russell was working too hard to prep for the game, so its not like Russell's been loafing around not getting ready.

Russell being totally frustrated and yanked around without an explanation doesn't have to be part of the bringing him along slowly process.

I guess that's the Laker Way? That's what they said when they hired Scott.

I don't watch enough games to make knowledgeable evaluations of a coach and his tactics. But Scott strikes me as the most joyless, stubborn head coaches of a major NBA franchise. I get the need to be principled, but he's like the anti-Phil. As superfluous as all the zen and sacred warrior talk seems sometimes, Phil was able to keep the end goal in mind and then figure out the best way to get there. He'd do things and accept losing a game here or there early, if he thought there would be a benefit later in the season. Byron is not that guy.
Hank7
Junior
And1: 68

Post#195 » by Hank7 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:34 pm

dockingsched wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:

he probably is trying to bring Russell on slowly, but he's doing a terrible of it. Russell has been totally shut out of 3 of 7 4th quarters. He got shut out of a blow out, he got shut out of close games. Nick Young has logged twice as many 4th quarter minutes as Russell. From all of Russell's post game comments Scott has never given Russell any insight into what he can do to change that if there is anything he can do to change it. Scott is on record saying that Russell was working too hard to prep for the game, so its not like Russell's been loafing around not getting ready.

That's the thing about Byron...it's often impossible to understand what he is trying to accomplish.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,285

Post#196 » by Jedi32 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:05 pm

kblo247 wrote:Clarkson deserved to be sat the whole second half as did Randle ... Both played like lazy ass bums and should have been embarrassed. JC is awful on D and was a step down from Nick totally in this game like all road trip. And Randle is lazy when it comes to boxing out and doing fundamental hard work.

not you kblo247 but according to some here kobe is the problem,wondered why the team didn't play with grit and determination when he was out? fact is it is still early and there's still a lot of new faces. we basically have 3 rookies in our starting lineup along with a 20 year vet coming off injury. we have to be more patient guys,come on. this organization has given us to much to be proud of to be so down considering the circumstances.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers