ImageImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on TWC?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

FrozenIceCubes
Banned User
And1: 77

Thoughts on TWC? 

Post#1 » by FrozenIceCubes » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:17 pm

I wanna know what people think about the network and its global Impact...

I like the breakdown and all that from Worthy and the crew but something Truly doesn't seem to add up. Doesn't it seem like every team always seems to hit a game winner on the Lakers since TWC became apart of the Lakers... I'm not making
Excuses but the network seems to have a bad vibe for the Lakers.
SashaTheMachine
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Re: Thoughts on TWC? 

Post#2 » by SashaTheMachine » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:01 am

I honestly think it is Dave's fault. He's not a coach anymore.

James looks irritated with him too at times.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#3 » by PKABOOICU » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:28 pm

it sucks because it couldnt come up with a contract with dish network.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#4 » by Slava » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:17 pm

Stick to the topic, no more derailing. The thread is to discuss TWC's broadcast and even if the OP isn't good, the topic is valid.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#5 » by gts1 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:53 pm

FrozenIceCubes wrote:I wanna know what people think about the network and its global Impact...

I like the breakdown and all that from Worthy and the crew but something Truly doesn't seem to add up. Doesn't it seem like every team always seems to hit a game winner on the Lakers since TWC became apart of the Lakers... I'm not making
So to get this straight you think the Time Warner deal is jinxing the Lakers
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#6 » by mcscotty » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:45 pm

gts1 wrote:
FrozenIceCubes wrote:I wanna know what people think about the network and its global Impact...

So to get this straight you think the Time Warner deal is jinxing the Lakers

IKR. With all the cord cutting and layoffs going on at Time Warner, don't jinx the deal.
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#7 » by abark » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:38 pm

I don't know how to respond to the idea that TWC is making teams hit game winners on the Lakers. Sounds like we experience different realities.
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,095

Post#8 » by sogood » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Tired of Worthy defending Byron every post game.
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User
And1: 77

Post#9 » by FrozenIceCubes » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:43 am

For all the breakdown these so called experts have done on TWC it doesn't seem like it's making much difference.

The real guys that helped the Lakers luck were Jack Haley and the KCAL crew. These current guys don't bring much luck.
So Gutta
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#10 » by So Gutta » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:28 am

Outside of Lakers games, the channel is garbage. It wasn't a good idea to begin with, and is proving you can't build an entire channel around 1 or 2 teams. The best thing on the channel is Jamie Maggio.
"Put five thousand bucks on the Lakers." --Krusty The Clown
indilakeshow
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#11 » by indilakeshow » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:48 am

If they could get some personalities that would be cool. I wish they'd sign a deal with ESPN 710 to do a simulcast with the radio shows since half those guys are on the Laker payroll anyways. That and classic laker games. It would be cool to see that Nick Van Exel game winner against the Celtics in the 90s with Chick calling the game.
GreenWithEnvy wrote:
Lakers have absolutely nothing besides Kobe and Lamar to get Andre Miller...give it up Laker fans.
gotokyo
Rookie
And1: 283

Post#12 » by gotokyo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:10 am

MTV is to music videos what Sportsnet is on it's way to becoming with the Lakers.

In 3 years it's gone from 24/7 Lakers. To now a channel with soccer, high school basketball games, surfing contests and poker.

Aside from the games (which have been awful to watch) there's really no reason to stay tuned to that channel. Pre and post game shows are the same thing after every game, full of byronisms "Didn't play hard." "Lacked effort" "Couldn't get it done' while no one wants to mention the elephant in the room - byron's s*** coaching. The only thing that might be worth watching would be backstage lakers show, But they try to make everything so overly dramatic it's cringe worthy and unwatchable.
gotokyo
Rookie
And1: 283

Post#13 » by gotokyo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:10 am

MTV is to music videos what Sportsnet is on it's way to becoming with the Lakers.

In 3 years it's gone from 24/7 Lakers. To now a channel with soccer, high school basketball games, surfing contests and poker.

Aside from the games (which have been awful to watch) there's really no reason to stay tuned to that channel. Pre and post game shows are the same thing after every game, full of byronisms "Didn't play hard." "Lacked effort" "Couldn't get it done' while no one wants to mention the elephant in the room - byron's s*** coaching. The only thing that might be worth watching would be backstage lakers show, But they try to make everything so overly dramatic it's cringe worthy and unwatchable.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers