ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers vs Rockets 1/17/2016 6:30/9:30

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

warrenpeace
Junior
And1: 75

Re: Lakers vs Rockets 1/17/2016 6:30/9:30 

Post#81 » by warrenpeace » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:14 pm

PockyCandy wrote:I appreciate the detailed response, and I see what you're trying to say. But I have a problem with the bolded part. From what I saw, Ryan Kelly was responsible for at least 3 of his turnovers by botching the pass or not being in the right spot/standing right next to Russell when he should've been 10 feet to his right. If Kelly wasn't a scrub, Russell probably would've had 7 or 8 assists and only 3 turnovers.

This is the kind of argument that I don't understand. Blaming others when someone performs badly. Your argument can be made for every player in the NBA. Every player passes to someone who botches the pass (actually the player botching the pass is usually the player that receives the turnover), or passes to someone who misses the shot. Kobe threw a perfect pass to D'Angelo under the basket and D'Angelo blew a perfectly wide open layup, costing Kobe his 10th assist. Stuff happens. It's the nature of the game.
warrenpeace
Junior

Post#82 » by warrenpeace » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:22 pm

The Skyhook wrote:Its difficult to see exactly the type of player Russell will be because of how early into his career it is and the fact that he plays on a team with 3 other guards that also love to have the ball in their hands. Going forward into the second half of the season I would really want to see more of the Russell/Clarkson/Brown/Randle/Nance lineup together on the court. I think we could get a better idea then.

Yes. These are our most important players and the focus should be on them.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#83 » by gts1 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:47 am

The Skyhook wrote:I meant on nights when his shot isn't falling, there were times he would continue to shoot away rather then look to get his team mates involved. I'm not saying he should have been playing like Chris Paul throughout his entire career. Kobe would get into his unusually high assist mode anytime the media would bash Kobe for having poor shooting number and not getting his team mates involved.
Well you're asking a Leopard to change his spots... A very successful Leopard i might add.

Kobe is who he is because of his approach to the game and how he played it. You can find fault in any players game if you're asking him to do something different on the off night his best attributes aren't working for him. In hindsight looking at his career being critical of Kobe shooting too much when his shot isn't falling is a bit silly if you ask me... It's like looking for flaws in the brush stokes in the Mona Lisa

That being said, if you look back you'll find times when Kobe's shot wasn't falling and he did find other ways to contribute, game 7 of the finals against the Celtics is one example, he became a rebound machine and still despite a tough shooting night he still kept shooting and hit some very big shots down the stretch
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#84 » by Slava » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:39 am

:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
warrenpeace
Junior

Post#85 » by warrenpeace » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:03 am