ImageImageImageImageImage

emergency GT : Memphis vs Los Angeles

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Re: emergency GT : Memphis vs Los Angeles 

Post#21 » by tugs » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:20 am

Most of the time yeah. Was hoping if he would improve his D and passing as he said post all star break.
The Prodigy
Starter
And1: 469

Post#22 » by The Prodigy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:24 am

tugs wrote:Most of the time yeah. Was hoping if he would improve his D and passing as he said post all star break.

That won't happen until the offseason when we (hopefully) hire a real NBA coach.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#23 » by TylersLakers » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:25 am

The tank rolls on.

How awful this D is -- just hilarious.
The Prodigy
Starter

Post#24 » by The Prodigy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:30 am

Fans like us who continue to punish ourselves by watching these games have earned to keep that top pick. The universe owes us.
DemLakersTho
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#25 » by DemLakersTho » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:30 am

What happened to Randle at least attempting jump shots? We need a real coach to get these guys to realize their potential.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#26 » by tugs » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:50 am

This is all a ploy. They won't fire BS so they can justify these losses. Hiring a new coach would ruin the chances for the pick.

As much as they deny it, these L's are almost pre determined.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,115

Post#27 » by Edrees » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:45 am

Didn't see the game but did Russell play as well al his numbers suggest? 8 assists 1 TO love that for a rookie.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,639

Post#28 » by Up-And-Coming » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:24 am

The Clarkson hate continues. I don't really understand it. Sure his defense is bad, but D'Angelo and Randle are not great defenders either. Don't get me wrong, D'Angelo had a solid game today, and I can see that he is improving; but Clarkson is still the Laker's best player and is also continuously improving but gets all the hate :dontknow:
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,464

Post#29 » by dockingsched » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:34 am

I think Clarkson's defense is noticeably worse than Russell's and honestly kind of frustrating. Russell at times appears lost as to where he should be helping and rotating but he also does a good job of challenging shots, recovering to his man, and trying to stay in front. I think aside from his off ball awareness his biggest weakness is his physical immaturity in that he gets pushed around at times. That should take care of itself in the coming seasons.

Clarkson on the other hand is quite physical nature, four yrs older that Russell i believe. I see a player that doesn't appear to be as active as needed and I feel like he shies away from his man a lot. Sometimes I feel like his D is on par with Lou. I honestly don't get why he's so bad and at his age and what appears to be an already mature physique, I don't know what it's going to take for him to get better but I take hope in that he has all the tools to be a very good defender.

Randle is also pretty bad in D but I feel like Russell he's confused about where to help due in part to this being his true rookie yr. I also believe his physical tools limit how good of a defender he can be so my expectations aren't as high.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
bah humbug
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#30 » by bah humbug » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:45 am

The Prodigy wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:Black has set like 6 illegal screens in two plays... i am guessing the refs start making their presence known on the next one.

... or maybe we lulled them to sleep

The fact that many are clamoring for him as loudly as we are says everything about this season. Dude's a good finisher at the rim but sucks at pretty much everything else. Still better than Hibbert though.

His defense isn't terrible. At least he can move laterally. He also rebounds. The point is that we clamor bc he's better than hibbert as u said. Nobody is calling him a future all star, just better than Roy
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#31 » by RingsDontLie » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:01 am

At least we are playing the young guys more. This is sad stuff however. All this losing has to be really bad for moral. We have to make big moves for next season, because the Lakers FO isn't going to be able to hide behind Kobe's farewell tour next year.
ratra_1211
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#32 » by ratra_1211 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:09 pm

My top two wish next season is we get a top 3 pick and byron fired. Just cant stand watching the stiff rotations and the no D. Hope our players play better d next year too with this years experience.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#33 » by One Love » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:06 pm

23 more games... There should be 1 more game thread... Utah... Make a stand Laker Nation... I turned the game off halfway through the first quarter...
The Prodigy
Starter

Post#34 » by The Prodigy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:15 pm

One Love wrote:23 more games... There should be 1 more game thread... Utah... Make a stand Laker Nation... I turned the game off halfway through the first quarter...

What happened to Noah?
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#35 » by The Skyhook » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:02 pm

The Prodigy wrote:Fans like us who continue to punish ourselves by watching these games have earned to keep that top pick. The universe owes us.

I'm on the east coast so I watch most of these games the day after already knowing the results. Now thats really punishing yourself.
warrenpeace
Junior
And1: 75

Post#36 » by warrenpeace » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:07 pm

Up-And-Coming wrote:The Clarkson hate continues. I don't really understand it. Sure his defense is bad, but D'Angelo and Randle are not great defenders either. Don't get me wrong, D'Angelo had a solid game today, and I can see that he is improving; but Clarkson is still the Laker's best player and is also continuously improving but gets all the hate :dontknow:
I don't understand it either. Clarkson is by far the Lakers best and most consistent player. He has a great attitude and great work ethic. It seems like they hate him more, when he is playing well. He might be the best offensive player the Lakers drafted since Kobe, and they stole him in the second round. He has changed his game to accommodate D'Angelo without complaining and yet that has not stopped him from playing well. He is on a team where no one plays defense, that does not have a defensive structure or culture, yet he is the one under the microscope for his defense.

With his great work ethic and mindset and attitude, Clarkson is only going to get better. He is going to put in the work in the summer and will be a much better player next season, offense and defense. Clarkson will always be the Lakers best player. There is no one on the current Lakers lineup who will supplant him. This is also the believe of the Lakers front office. And this team, is not going anywhere until we get that player through free agency or the upcoming draft.
The Prodigy
Starter

Post#37 » by The Prodigy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:43 pm

The Skyhook wrote:
The Prodigy wrote:Fans like us who continue to punish ourselves by watching these games have earned to keep that top pick. The universe owes us.

I'm on the east coast so I watch most of these games the day after already knowing the results. Now thats really punishing yourself.

Damn that's rough. We all have a pretty good idea of the result before the game even starts though.
politm
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#38 » by politm » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:10 pm

The Prodigy wrote:
The Skyhook wrote:

Damn that's rough. We all have a pretty good idea of the result before the game even starts though.

I'm watching the game the next day (job does not allow me anymore to wake up at 5 o'clock in the morning) without knowing the score, although sometimes I get spoilers from facebook with the final score...
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#39 » by The Skyhook » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:14 am

politm wrote:
The Prodigy wrote:
The Skyhook wrote:I'm on the east coast so I watch most of these games the day after already knowing the results. Now thats really punishing yourself.

I'm watching the game the next day (job does not allow me anymore to wake up at 5 o'clock in the morning) without knowing the score, although sometimes I get spoilers from facebook with the final score...

All the way until the end of college I was staying up for games but now I'm waking up at 5:45 am (2:45 am west coast time) everyday so there is no way I can do it anymore. The only thing I really spoil for myself is whether we won or lost. I try not to look at how much the guys have scored to keep it some what interesting when watching the next day.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,115

Post#40 » by Edrees » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:27 pm

The Skyhook wrote:

I watch the games before they air but I still know the result as well, so don't worry.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers