ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Trade Ideas Discussion

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Re: Lakers Offseason Trade Ideas Discussion 

Post#241 » by dipstick » Tue May 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Unless we fear that year 1 Randle was a fluke, we should not trade him this off-season. Smart move if there looks to be a logjam at the position, would be to showcase his improvement from year 1 to year 2, raise his value then trade.

I don't see the rush trading any of these guys unless we are already getting fair value.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#242 » by AcecardZ » Wed May 25, 2016 12:29 am

We don't really know what fair value is for Randle at this point. Given the fact he is being paid scraps I would like to keep him for at least the first half of this upcoming season.

My guess is he turns the ball over less and does everything else a little bit better than he did last season. I think he can be paired nicely with a guy like Ingram who is longer and has a better perimeter game. (Assuming we get Ingram of course)
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#243 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed May 25, 2016 7:31 am

MelosSoreWrist wrote:
TyCobb wrote:I disagree on Randle's value considering what he did this season as a rookie. If Bender goes 3 then there isn't a better PF prospect than Randle.

My main point is I want Murray on the Lakers with Russell.

Russell, Murray, and Clarkson are all very comboish. Not that it wouldnt work here but the suns had similar type of situation recently (Dragic, Thomas, Bledsoe) and had to break it up.

Well to be fair, the situation w/ the Suns definitely had a lot to do w/ ego mostly coming from Goran. All three wanted to be starters long term and I can't be mad at them about that. If the Lakers so happened to get Murray, I think Clarkson would be ok w/ being a sixth man IMO. He's a laid back guy.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#244 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed May 25, 2016 7:35 am

Bucks2585 wrote:What would you guys think of this type of deal?

Greg Monroe

For

Lou Williams
Brandon Bass

You take on salary, but get legitimate starter vs Lou as a 6th man. Defense might struggle, rebounding would likely be a dominant trait of the frontcourt though. If Randle develops his 3 point shot, you have the inside out game with Monroe being a decent passer. Also still have the cap space to go after another star player type.

Very good offensively w/ Randle and Monroe (plus both being lefties) but I'd have to pass on that deal just for the sake of Monroe's defense and Randle's defense isn't all the way up to par yet but it's getting there. We need a legit rim protector.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#245 » by Fresh360Waves » Wed May 25, 2016 7:38 am

MelosSoreWrist wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:Essentially...

Lakers trade #2, #32, Clarkson, and Nick young
Lakers get: Jimmy Butler, jae crowder, #17 and #23

Boston trades: #3, #17, #23, and jae Crowder
Boston gets: #2 and Nick young

Chicago trades Jimmy Butler
Chicago gets: #3 and Clarkson

Terrible terrible trade for Chicago.

Plus I dont think Celtics would do it either as they would be taking a big step backwards and wont be catching up for a couple of years.

Boston would probably want at least another player plus a pick
MrWaffles
Rookie
And1: 225

Re: Re: Lakers Offseason Trade Ideas Discussion 

Post#246 » by MrWaffles » Wed May 25, 2016 5:49 pm

twix2500 wrote:
MrWaffles wrote:
twix2500 wrote:How about go completely young. If the Lakers do indeed draft Ben Simmons. How about staying young and see if the Lakers can pull a two for one deal with the Celtics. The Celtics have to make move, because of too many players on the roster and 4 draft picks. Not a great draft, but the Lakers they might have high interest in the mid rounds. Something like a Julius Randle for Tyler Zeller and Boston 16th pick (Malik Beasley or Timothe Luwawu or Sabonis etc..). Something along that lines, because Boston needs to make a deal to lose bodies while the Lakers need to gain bodies.

And young big and young swing player or another big will give the Lakers solid young depth to move forward with in the future. Especially if the Lakers miss out on the likes of Harrison Barnes. And if the Lakers do add Barnes it will give the team a young fast past and fundamentally sound team.

Go into free agency with a nice foundation.

PG: D'Angelo Russell
SG: Jordan Clarkston
SF: Timothe Luwawu
PF: Ben Simmons
C: Tyler Zeller

And then target Harrison Barnes.

Tyler Zeller? LORDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. I'm tearing up.

This guy might be the biggest pussy in the NBA. Celtic fans are dying to get rid of him. Even Brad Stevens can't get him to play at a higher level and Brad is a top three coach in the league. I rather blow 30 million on Whiteside than have Tyler Zeller anywhere near a lakers uniform, i don't want Whiteside anywhere near a Lakers uniform and the kids.

There is not one center on the Lakers current roster better than Zeller. And no one never said not to go after Whiteside. Not only the Lakers need core players but adding young solid role players is better than old players who will be disinterested and just trying to get a pay check ala Roy Hibbert

Zeller is a smart big, and runs the court extremely well if the lakers want to establish a um tempo play.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Glad no celtic fans are seeing this post, they would have a hay day with this. 99% of the celtic fan base want Zeller gone. Not just him, but every Celtic big.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,249

Re: Re: Re: Lakers Offseason Trade Ideas Discussion 

Post#247 » by twix2500 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:06 pm

MrWaffles wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
MrWaffles wrote:
Tyler Zeller? LORDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. I'm tearing up.

This guy might be the biggest pussy in the NBA. Celtic fans are dying to get rid of him. Even Brad Stevens can't get him to play at a higher level and Brad is a top three coach in the league. I rather blow 30 million on Whiteside than have Tyler Zeller anywhere near a lakers uniform, i don't want Whiteside anywhere near a Lakers uniform and the kids.

There is not one center on the Lakers current roster better than Zeller. And no one never said not to go after Whiteside. Not only the Lakers need core players but adding young solid role players is better than old players who will be disinterested and just trying to get a pay check ala Roy Hibbert

Zeller is a smart big, and runs the court extremely well if the lakers want to establish a um tempo play.

Glad no celtic fans are seeing this post, they would have a hay day with this. 99% of the celtic fan base want Zeller gone. Not just him, but every Celtic big.

So what if Celtics fans do not want him. They wanted David Lee gone and he went to Dallas and his role fitted perfectly. Role players are not going to fit every team that's why they are role players. Bogut considered a bust in Milwaukee and goes to Golden State perfect fit. Boris Diaw in Atlanta not wanted and flourish in Pheonix. Danny Green in Cleveland.. etc

PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#248 » by PKABOOICU » Wed May 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Joakim Noah is leaving the Bulls and the Lakers need to be all over the phones right now. If he's healthy, he's a great great player to have around. He's one of the few 30+ year olds I would gamble on.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#249 » by Kilroy » Wed May 25, 2016 10:49 pm

I'd bring in Noah for the right price... But that price would have to be guaranteed not to impede bringing in other, better talent... Noah is an undersized center that's been forced to out-hustle bigger guys his entire career... As durable as he's been, he's got a LOT of miles on him, and those are some tough miles too... I think it's about time for him to start breaking down, and I would not want to bet a starting position on his health at this point. Honestly, I'd almost bet Pau has more to give at this point than Noah.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#250 » by AcecardZ » Wed May 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Pau??? Oh no! Love Pau for what he's given us but he has nothing left to offer.

And totally agree with your sentiment on Noah...
twix2500
RealGM

Post#251 » by twix2500 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:21 pm

What would be the purpose of signing a player over 30?

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#252 » by Spens1 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:38 am

Noah is great, so long as it isn't for anything ridiculous that prevents us from pursuing the two max players (ideally Durant and Whiteside)
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#253 » by Dr Aki » Thu May 26, 2016 5:19 am

twix2500 wrote:What would be the purpose of signing a player over 30?

depending on the length of the deal, a veteran presence in a locker room short of (life) experience could be very beneficial to the maturation of a team

GOTEMCOACH wrote:Joakim Noah is leaving the Bulls and the Lakers need to be all over the phones right now. If he's healthy, he's a great great player to have around. He's one of the few 30+ year olds I would gamble on.

can't, at least until July 1st
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#254 » by SlimShady83 » Thu May 26, 2016 5:32 am

Noah can fill in Jordan Hills role :0 I can see Noah in La if Whiteside doesn't come. Heck why not do both :) Whiteside then Noah coming off the bench and T.Black. I'd be happy with that Center position
Bring back Defense
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#255 » by SlimShady83 » Thu May 26, 2016 5:35 am

twix2500 wrote:What would be the purpose of signing a player over 30?

God! I can't stand guys like you. Every team needs experience players, helping out with the young guns.

This team would benefit with at least 3 guys in their 30's

I'd say Bring in Noah for the much needed experience, keep Metta as I believe he'll be back anyway for that reason and if you can't keep Bass then please bring back a Vet Guard.

The rest can be young
Bring back Defense
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#256 » by Penberthy » Thu May 26, 2016 6:30 am

AcecardZ wrote:Pau??? Oh no! Love Pau for what he's given us but he has nothing left to offer.

Pau put up 16.5pts 11rebs 4assts and 2blks in 31 minutes last year. Oh, and he is the most selfless and professional player in the NBA. No center we can sign will put up better numbers than that next year. You'd be hardpressed to come up with 5 C's who had a better year than him all around statwise. But ya, nothing left to offer.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#257 » by SlimShady83 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:55 am

Ok so I just spent about 5 minutes thinking of the most realistic
team I could come up with, probably should of spent more time thinking haha.

Durant and Westbrook aren't leaveing OKC so get over that

1) Sign whiteside for the Max
2) With recent talks about Noah, I'd make an offer for him (not sure how much he worth?)
3) Go for Derozan (yes I said it) just don't go for max something near the max.
4) Make a trade for Pg13 <> Would Randle/Clarkson be enough? If not keep both
5) Draft Simmons.

The team

C: Whiteside, Noah, T.Black < noticed no Sacre? haha
PF: Randle, Nance, Metta, Kelly < Yes I still want Kelly under Walton he'll be good
SF: Derozan, Simmons, Young < Yes for Young he'll be be better under Walton.
SG: Clarkson, L.Williams
PG: Russell, Huertas, #32 pic? or a Vet guard <<< wouldn't mind GP2 < not saying his a vet guard just pointing out I like him

This I feel is a Playoff team, 8,7 seed if there is a trade for PG13 I could see us going further
next year playoffs in the west is after the 6 spot is really up for grabs.
Bring back Defense
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#258 » by Spens1 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:32 am

even if Durant doesn't leave OKC, i still wouldn't bring Derozan in, the guy doesn't shoot any 3's at all. Whiteside though is a given, but if we get Ingram at 2 we don't exactly need a S.F either, if we get Simmons then thats a different story, then go after someone else like Dudley or pay Bazemore
twix2500
RealGM

Post#259 » by twix2500 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:34 am

Experience players not in their 30s. Most of these 30 yr old players are not motivated to played on bad teams. Get a young veteran add someone who been around but got something to prove.

AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#260 » by AcecardZ » Thu May 26, 2016 10:20 pm

Penberthy wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:Pau??? Oh no! Love Pau for what he's given us but he has nothing left to offer.

Pau put up 16.5pts 11rebs 4assts and 2blks in 31 minutes last year. Oh, and he is the most selfless and professional player in the NBA. No center we can sign will put up better numbers than that next year. You'd be hardpressed to come up with 5 C's who had a better year than him all around statwise. But ya, nothing left to offer.

You're right! Tough as nails Pau had an amazing season and led his team to the playoffs in the super tough Eastern Conference...

Oh wait...

Seriously though Pau can't defend and if he's on our roster our defense is going to find themselves in a lot of short handed situations as Pau is not a great rebounder and doesn't have the quicks necessary to get back and defend.

Don't be mad at me for telling the truth. I love Pau and would buy him lunch or dinner any day but the guy's best years are way behind him.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers