65%

Total votes: 31

LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Re: What do my fellow Laker fans think *Jim Buss* 

Post#141 » by LakersLegacy » Fri Jul 1, 2016 8:04 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
LakersLegacy wrote:If the Lakers wanted a defensive C why not just wait for Noel to become a free agent. He's young. He could grow with the team. I would rather give big contracts to 22 year olds that will improve than a player that will decline.

Yeah, I hear it. To be fair to Jim, I don't think Jeanie has his back (but thats a 50/50 blame thing to me) and I think this was horrible timing for him, as the league and salary structure has changed so dramatically right when he was dumped in charge.

But all that aside, this is just a wretched signing. And it shows how low things are right now for us. I mean Whiteside won't even talk to us?
(I assume Jim at least tried to talk to him...even I dont think Jim is so inept that he forgot to even ask)
Who the heck is Whiteside? Guy is far from a great...and we can't even meet?

Whatever....honestly he just needs to step down. This isn't his thing. People around here have ZERO leash for coaches, and yet this guy just keeps getting a pass. It's weird.

We got Ingram. I am excited about that end of things. Our youth will be fun to watch (hopefully).

4 out of 5 of his siblings wanted him to step down. Jeannie thinks he made up some stuff about wanting DAntonie in poor health. The fact that she thinks her brother would even do something like that makes me uncomfortable. I just root for him to be an owner and do what owners do. Enjoy the good life. It's time. We have to hold him to his timeline and that is the end of the upcoming season.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#142 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Jul 1, 2016 8:09 am

I just pray we still have our youth tmrw, and that this guy hasn't traded Ingram for Bogut, or something.

Gotta say...it's still a shock to me. Kinda felt we wouldnt get Whiteside. I think he stays in Miami, or goes to Portland. But I never woulda guessed in 64 million years, that we'd be making that kinda deal with Mozgov. The second I heard, my mind did this "that can't be possible" thing...and I tried to envision the great plays I've seen Mozgov do to try and make it make sense. And it just never did.

Like for real....for about 4 seconds it was just swarming with ways this could possibly be good, or make sense..and then I accepted the reality. We just gave Mozgov 64 mil for 4 years. Bonkers. I'm sure he's all smiles.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#143 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Jul 1, 2016 8:15 am

Remember back when we first signed Luke, and he did an interview, and he talked about how they went over the guys they were looking at signing this offseason, and it was really exciting...etc etc?

Somehow I bet Luke is gonna call Jim tmrw, and be like "uhhh hey guys. I thought you said Whiteside and Durant". Somehow I really doubt Luke got excited about T-Mov. I bet Luke just had his first "oh boy, what did I just get into" moment a couple hours ago
Kirito
Senior
And1: 223

Post#144 » by Kirito » Sun Jul 3, 2016 5:39 am

wow in just a short time he just proved the MB right and us Laker fans wrong how bad is it for us to be Laker fans...
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#145 » by gts1 » Sun Jul 3, 2016 5:51 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Remember back when we first signed Luke, and he did an interview, and he talked about how they went over the guys they were looking at signing this offseason, and it was really exciting...etc etc?

Somehow I bet Luke is gonna call Jim tmrw, and be like "uhhh hey guys. I thought you said Whiteside and Durant". Somehow I really doubt Luke got excited about T-Mov. I bet Luke just had his first "oh boy, what did I just get into" moment a couple hours ago
:crazy:
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#146 » by LakersLegacy » Sun Jul 3, 2016 5:56 am

Do you think it Jim or Mitch that is targeting guys on the wrong side of 30 to take out cap space on Long term deals (messes up free agency next season)?

Mozgov next bday is 31
Dengs next bday is 32
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#147 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jul 3, 2016 6:27 am

I got an emoji. How cute. People are cute sometimes

Return to Los Angeles Lakers