Post#321 » by Slava » Fri Feb 3, 2017 8:18 am

Zu Tang ain't nothin to **** with
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
bobbeaver
Junior
And1: 246

Re: OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD 

Post#322 » by bobbeaver » Sat Feb 4, 2017 2:14 pm

Why is he playing single digit minutes though last few games? 4 minutes last game?
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#323 » by TKainZero » Sat Feb 4, 2017 8:33 pm

bobbeaver wrote:Why is he playing single digit minutes though last few games? 4 minutes last game?

Maybe a back to back and by wanted him to rest?
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Post#324 » by Slava » Sat Feb 4, 2017 10:19 pm

bobbeaver wrote:Why is he playing single digit minutes though last few games? 4 minutes last game?

He can't handle switching on pick and rolls (atleast not yet) and we happened to play two of the best PGs in the league back to back. Mozgov didn't get too many minutes either for the same reason.
RicardoQuaresma
Freshman
And1: 91

Post#325 » by RicardoQuaresma » Sat Feb 4, 2017 10:22 pm

https://youtu.be/pDasfq3Dpn8

World championship, final game, last year i think.
▄▀ █▓ █░ ██ ▀█▀ ▄▀ █▀ :roll:
▀▄ █▓ █▄ ▐▌ ▄█▄ ▀▄ ▄ 8-)
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#326 » by Landsberger » Sat Feb 4, 2017 10:41 pm

Slava wrote:

He can't handle switching on pick and rolls (atleast not yet) and we happened to play two of the best PGs in the league back to back. Mozgov didn't get too many minutes either for the same reason.

I don't necessarily disagree however Nance/Black/Ingram etc. couldn't handle it either. He had his way most of the night.

It's a double edged sword. If he's in the game in a mismatch situation on defense that is most likely true on offense as well. This is what I see that is the bigger issue. Zubac looks to be headed toward a career as a decent 2 way center. Our offense isn't well suited for a back to the basket type so we seem to make playing time decisions based just on defense and not on forcing the other team to make the change rather than us by using that mismatch on the other end. Granted he's not there yet but he isn't going to get there without playing time either.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Post#327 » by Slava » Sat Feb 4, 2017 10:49 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Slava wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree however Nance/Black/Ingram etc. couldn't handle it either. He had his way most of the night.

It's a double edged sword. If he's in the game in a mismatch situation on defense that is most likely true on offense as well. This is what I see that is the bigger issue. Zubac looks to be headed toward a career as a decent 2 way center. Our offense isn't well suited for a back to the basket type so we seem to make playing time decisions based just on defense and not on forcing the other team to make the change rather than us by using that mismatch on the other end. Granted he's not there yet but he isn't going to get there without playing time either.

I thought Mozgov did better than anyone else but none of the bigs can sustain that kind of pace unless you deny Wall on the ball. Nance, Deng and Ingram were the only options we had against switches. Zubac also had trouble on offense, nothing to slam him on because Gortat is a very good defender.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#328 » by Landsberger » Sat Feb 4, 2017 11:18 pm

Slava wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Slava wrote:

I thought Mozgov did better than anyone else but none of the bigs can sustain that kind of pace unless you deny Wall on the ball. Nance, Deng and Ingram were the only options we had against switches. Zubac also had trouble on offense, nothing to slam him on because Gortat is a very good defender.

Again, that's spot on IMO. I was at the WA game. Zubac was overmatched on the offensive end. I guess I'd like to see him get the opportunity to struggle a little. You don't learn watching and it isn't as if we're a team that can't afford having players struggle if the eventual outcome is an advancement.

Wall is one of the most underrated players in the game. If he had the talent of a top 3 team around him he'd be plastered all over the place. Thomas is a unique player. Not many in the league are as quick or fast with the ball. He's got the ability to both finish at the rim and stretch the floor. Boston uses him very well.

Zubac is somewhat of a throwback player. If he's a true two way center then we will have to rethink some of what we seem to want to do out there offensively to take advantage of that. Luke will need to get creative to play to his developing strengths. Actually Russell fits a high/low post offense fairly well. He's not going to burn it up in a P&R role without being able to finish a lot better but he has shown he can be effective shooting off the ball which is great for a deep post set. Those two may be a decent pair but not in a "newish" offensive way. Both are a little 90's it their games.
bobbeaver
Junior

Post#329 » by bobbeaver » Tue Feb 7, 2017 12:50 am

Landsberger wrote:
Slava wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

Again, that's spot on IMO. I was at the WA game. Zubac was overmatched on the offensive end. I guess I'd like to see him get the opportunity to struggle a little. You don't learn watching and it isn't as if we're a team that can't afford having players struggle if the eventual outcome is an advancement.

Wall is one of the most underrated players in the game. If he had the talent of a top 3 team around him he'd be plastered all over the place. Thomas is a unique player. Not many in the league are as quick or fast with the ball. He's got the ability to both finish at the rim and stretch the floor. Boston uses him very well.

Zubac is somewhat of a throwback player. If he's a true two way center then we will have to rethink some of what we seem to want to do out there offensively to take advantage of that. Luke will need to get creative to play to his developing strengths. Actually Russell fits a high/low post offense fairly well. He's not going to burn it up in a P&R role without being able to finish a lot better but he has shown he can be effective shooting off the ball which is great for a deep post set. Those two may be a decent pair but not in a "newish" offensive way. Both are a little 90's it their games.

But why would that be bad exactly? Any system is good if you got the right personnel for it. And Zubac has shown to be a very good low post facilitator aswell. On top with so few good true centers that might be an advantage. Look at Philly. even with Embiid and the low post game ball moves alot and fast and very nicely. They are winning vs big teams that have bad centers.
And i think Zubac will be more than decent 2 way center if he develops as he is now, body and skill, especially with the quality of centers today.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#330 » by Landsberger » Tue Feb 7, 2017 1:16 am

bobbeaver wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Slava wrote:

But why would that be bad exactly? Any system is good if you got the right personnel for it. And Zubac has shown to be a very good low post facilitator aswell. On top with so few good true centers that might be an advantage. Look at Philly. even with Embiid and the low post game ball moves alot and fast and very nicely. They are winning vs big teams that have bad centers.
And i think Zubac will be more than decent 2 way center if he develops as he is now, body and skill, especially with the quality of centers today.

No argument with anything you said. I'm fine with a center playing a traditional role as well as stepping out. Luke seems to want to do more of a GS style offense where the center is more of a roaming screener and utility infielder role. Zubac looks to be a dinosaur so to speak in being a back to the basket threat as well as being able to face up a little. I'd love to see him in a high/low post style offense with a stretch 4. I think he could be great in that type of offense.
bobbeaver
Junior

Post#331 » by bobbeaver » Tue Feb 7, 2017 1:42 am

Landsberger wrote:
bobbeaver wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

No argument with anything you said. I'm fine with a center playing a traditional role as well as stepping out. Luke seems to want to do more of a GS style offense where the center is more of a roaming screener and utility infielder role. Zubac looks to be a dinosaur so to speak in being a back to the basket threat as well as being able to face up a little. I'd love to see him in a high/low post style offense with a stretch 4. I think he could be great in that type of offense.

Yeah i agree, although this GS style (that Lakers dont have personnel for obviously) will make Zubac learn new things he didnt know before, but will be detrimental to his development of his strengths aka back to basket. But you can find easily a mix between the two. In general i think pushing a style when you dont have the personnel is fullish. For GS style you need a damn smart players with great shooting.
Vesper
Junior
And1: 66

Post#332 » by Vesper » Thu Feb 9, 2017 2:38 am

Zubac aint better than Mozgov...

and Black aint no Center.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#333 » by Landsberger » Thu Feb 9, 2017 2:56 am

Some tough minutes for Zu tonight. Drummond is a tough cover for anyone much less a guy like Zu at this stage. As hard as it is to watch it's a good thing. I'm glad Luke left him out there when he was struggling.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#334 » by TKainZero » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:02 am

Just noticed this

Zubac 3 double-doubles on the year
Mozgov. One. As in one game of 10+ points and 10+ rebounds

Zubac has 3

Zubac is legit
Black has 2
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,539

Post#335 » by stan francisco » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:34 am

Zubacca!!!
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#336 » by LakersSoul » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Vesper wrote:Zubac aint better than Mozgov...

and Black aint no Center.

Vesper, you are something else.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#337 » by Marionettetc » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:51 pm

You sound just like those Lin only fans.

And looking at your post history, low and behold - ante zizic, Dario Saric, Hezonja, :lol:

Luke is doing whats best for the team, not for your nationalist homer.
bobbeaver
Junior

Post#338 » by bobbeaver » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Marionettetc wrote:

And looking at your post history, low and behold - ante zizic, Dario Saric, Hezonja, :lol:

Lol your an ass. Its as simple as that. You are very superficial and dont bring anything relevant to the descussion. While my questions and statements have merit. So go eat your donut ya homer. Gluten free ofc. :D
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#339 » by Crooked-I » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:52 pm

bobbeaver wrote:
Marionettetc wrote:

Lol your an ass. Its as simple as that. You are very superficial and dont bring anything relevant to the descussion. While my questions and statements have merit. So go eat your donut ya homer. Gluten free ofc. :D

Wishing gluten free donuts on someone is going too far lol.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#340 » by iamworthy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:21 am

Read on Twitter

Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Return to Los Angeles Lakers