ImageImageImageImageImage

T-8: Which of the latest signings would you like to see on the final roster?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Which of the latest signings would you like to see make the final roster?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Metta World Peace
58%
Thomas Robinson
42%

Total votes: 19

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

T-8: Which of the latest signings would you like to see on the final roster? 

Post#1 » by Slava » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:58 pm

T-9: LA Lakers vs LA Rams who will make the playoffs sooner? | LA Lakers (67%)
T-10: Which position will be the most productive for the Lakers this season? | PG/PF 38% each
T-11: How long will Yi Jianlian last with the Lakers? | 60-82 games (76%)
T-12: Which Laker do you see winning an individual NBA award next season? | Brandon Ingram (Rookie of The Year) (36%)
T-13: How many Lakers do you see participating at all star weekend? (All Events) | 2 (38%)
T-14: If the Lakers end up trading for a star/future star-ish player who will it be? | DeMarcus Cousins (52%)
T-15: Where will the Lakers finish in the Pacific Division in wins? ? 3rd/4th tied (36% each)
T-16: How many trades will the Lakers complete by end of season? | 1 (58%)
T-17: Which Laker will hold the season high for points in a game next season? | D'Angelo Russell (61%)
T-18: What do you expect to be the outcome of Jim Buss' timeline at end of this season? | Jim Buss retracts his promised timeline and stays to continue rebuilding beyond 2016-17 season (65%)
T-19: How many seasons will Luke Walton serve as headcoach of the Lakers? | > 6 seasons (56%)
T-20: Who will get majority of the back up PG minutes? | Marcelo Huertas (33%)/Jose Calderon(33%)
T-21: Who will get majority of the back up center minutes? | Tarik Black (35%)
T-22:Who will lead the Lakers in turnovers? | D'Angelo Russell (71%)
T-23: Which Laker is most likely to be top 10 in the NBA in a statistical category? | Julius Randle - Rebounds/Game (67%)
T-24: Which Lakers will be chosen as the new team captains | Luol Deng(33%), D'Angelo Russell (27%)
T-25: Which Lakers veteran will be traded first? | Lou Williams (43%)
T-26: Which member of the young core will get traded first? | Julius Randle (36%)
T-27: Who will begin the season as a starter and get demoted to the bench later? | Luol Deng/Julius Randle (38%)
T-28: Who will lead the Lakers in assists per game? | D'Angelo Russell (80%)
T-29: Which player will be the first to get cut from the roster? | Nick Young/Travis Wear tied at 44%
T-30: Which player will lead the Lakers in scoring? | D'Angelo Russell (56%)
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,165

Re: T-8: Which of the latest signings would you like to see on the final roster? 

Post#2 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:06 pm

MWP just because we have the youth :)
Bring back Defense
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Re: T-8: Which of the latest signings would you like to see on the final roster? 

Post#3 » by Wavy Q » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:09 pm

I don't think T-Rob brings anything positive so i guess I'll go with MWP
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#4 » by Slava » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:30 pm

Even if T-Rob finds a slight niche on the defensive end, he can be a poor man's Tristan Thompson. I love Metta but he should seriously consider investing in a suit rather than sneakers and find a clipboard to get on Luke's coaching staff. He is cooked as a player.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#5 » by Wavy Q » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:41 pm

Slava wrote:Even if T-Rob finds a slight niche on the defensive end, he can be a poor man's Tristan Thompson. I love Metta but he should seriously consider investing in a suit rather than sneakers and find a clipboard to get on Luke's coaching staff. He is cooked as a player.

I agree that T-Rob at this point is a more effective player than MWP, but I also think that there is value to the veteran presence, and this team is heavily lacking in those veterans. Luol Deng and Calderon are your veterans, I don't think that's enough personally.

I also don't think that the production T-Rob could offer is better than the impact MWP can have on the young players, especially defensively.

As long as MWPs minutes are severely limited, I'm ok with him being here
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#6 » by TylersLakers » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:47 pm

Robinson, and it's not even close.

Brings some much needed athleticism and rebounding. Knows his game, knows his limitations, plays within that. He's a developing player that under the right coaching staff should flourish. Still very young (25 years old).
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#7 » by The Skyhook » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:50 pm

As a player T.Rob hands down however with such a log jam at the 4 and 5, I have no idea where he'll find play time. I can see Metta being fine with receiving no play time and fully embracing the mentor role so I'm almost forced to go with him. Like Slava pointed out I wish he would do so in a suit instead of trying to do so as a player.
dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#8 » by dipstick » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:29 am

I haven't seen Robinson play. However to answer the question quite literally, I'd like to see him make the roster more than MWP just because he is younger. Its almost a given that the FO and coaching staff will choose whoever is the most ready, and based on age, I hope that Robinson shows that he is more ready to be a contributor that MWP. If he does, we could get another steal.

On the other hand, also a strong chance that none of the 2 make the final 15.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#9 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:37 am

I vote for Robinson and I hope MWP stays in the team as a special coach.
Rafer24
Junior
And1: 145

Post#10 » by Rafer24 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:08 am

I love Metta, but Robinson is a no-brainer to keep for me.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers