Lakers (10-15) vs. Knicks (13-10) - Dec 11 - 6:30 PM PST

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

lake_show
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Re: Lakers (10-15) vs. Knicks (13-10) - Dec 11 - 6:30 PM PST 

Post#161 » by lake_show » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:24 am

Landsberger wrote:
lake_show wrote:We just don't have any confidence right now. Team looks tired, out of sink. Too many bad turnovers late.

They need a consistent line up again. The injuries have put the entire team out of sync from the early success. Tonight we were as close to full strength as we've been in a month.

We missed Black tonight. Why we don't at least try Zubac in theses situations is beyond me. We needed some size in the game.

That's a good point. Even though I like what Luke has done with this team his obsession with his line-ups even through all these injuries has become a little annoying. To the point where we had to sit through Huertas, and a 40yr old MWP as starters during this stretch.

Zubac could've made a difference tonight. T-Rob had a couple good plays but he got torched by Willy Hernangomez tonight. Willy "Freak'n" Hernangomez. Let that sink in.
Talking about how bad Julius Randle is:
DEEP3CL wrote:... When dudes know ball we're just going to call out what we see period.
NoseBleedLakers
Lead Assistant
And1: 343

Post#162 » by NoseBleedLakers » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:25 am

Oscirus wrote:
NoseBleedLakers wrote:Lakers started the season 7-6 in their first 13 games. Last 13 games, 3-10. So **** tough to swallow.

And I think it's safe to say that the Lakers are the worst defensive team in the league. They've held their opponent to under 100 points only 6 times this season, and they're 5-1 when that happens.

To be fair, the Lakers didn't have their starting back court for a huge part of that.

Starting backcourt or not, the defense is still trash.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#163 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:26 am

adjacent2bench wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:The Knicks bench is utter garbage...we need to take advantage when they're in.

And Knick fans think this team is a contender for a title. ....shiiieeeed

We do?
Just reading some of the quotes on your board and from guys who are from NY and live here in LA...you guys seem to think the Knicks are better than they really are.

They're a 1st round out and many should know that...
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#164 » by EnigmatiC » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:33 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
adjacent2bench wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:The Knicks bench is utter garbage...we need to take advantage when they're in.

We do?
Just reading some of the quotes on your board and from guys who are from NY and live here in LA...you guys seem to think the Knicks are better than they really are.

Really don't know what board your reading...half the board still wants us to tank :crazy:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,501

Post#165 » by DaGawd » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:57 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
adjacent2bench wrote:

We do?

Yeah I don't see many people on our board saying we're a contender at all....
BaF
Washington Wizards
Ponchos
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,775

Post#166 » by Ponchos » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:32 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
adjacent2bench wrote:

We do?

Surely this is a disease that Lakers fans are completely immune to.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Post#167 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:19 am

Knicks fan coming in peace; i think Lakers 1 or 2 year away to compete for playoffs. B.Ingram is good prospect but he looks like last years d.russell. He just doesnt adjusted that NBA tempo and strength yet.
Also D.Russell is still lacking experience for both defense and offense. He is not good at reading defense. He stopped his dribble 2 times beyond the 3 line for no reason. 4-1 plays and he does the play just because he memorized the move. He had time to make right decision but he passed Mozgov who's going for rebound. He needs time.

Your 7-6 start was misleading and now 10-15 seems to fit your talent level more. I believe L.Walton is trying to implement his offensive system. He looks like a right coach for the job.
As a Knicks fan i dont think we're contender at all. If everything goes right and we manage to stay health we may make 2nd round in East but thats it for us. KP is getting his touches so i think we're fine.

PS: Lakers broadcast was great. I cant stand with homer announcers. They were talking positive for each side like true sport fans. MSG has similar mindset too. I wish every other team follow these good non-homer broadcasters.
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,482

Post#168 » by adjacent2bench » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:20 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
adjacent2bench wrote:

We do?

Really? Have you been to our board? Most of us realize that making it to the second round would be somewhat of a success. We know we can't beat Cleveland. We know we damn sure can't beat Golden St. And that's ok, being that it's a two team league anyway.

Just don't like when fans of other teams try to generalize a whole fanbase because of the thoughts of few. We know what our team is. Peace.
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#169 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:18 pm

All these home losses are a sign of a non-playoff team.

Even the 8th seed in the West is supposed to win the majority of their home games.
Blackfyre
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,498

Post#170 » by Blackfyre » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:34 pm

Hate to say it but we are still far from being good. The thing I hate the most is that I don't like our young guys (especially D'angelo). I would trade them all for a right package. Ingram is probably going to be a decent player in the future, but decent is not what we are after.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Post#171 » by Slava » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:21 pm

We did a good job of making Derrick Rose look like his MVP version out there. We desperately need some help at PG defense. Otherwise we can't fix a leaking bucket.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
MrWaffles
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#172 » by MrWaffles » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:01 pm

Blackfyre wrote:Hate to say it but we are still far from being good. The thing I hate the most is that I don't like our young guys (especially D'angelo). I would trade them all for a right package. Ingram is probably going to be a decent player in the future, but decent is not what we are after.

We have to remember D'Angelo hasn't played in 11 games.. he's going to be rusty..

Ingram will be special for sure, but he's 2-3 years away from contributing on the offensive end. He needs to learn how to adjust his game to this new pace, along with add some muscle.

Clarkson thinks too much about the game. He forces way too many shots up when nothing is falling for other guys. He's better off letting the game come to him like at the start of the season. He's a keeper for sure, especially on that contract.

Randle can't play defense. He also doesn't have a good basketball IQ on both ends of the court. He's top 5 in worst paint defensive players in the league. His shot has improved, but he continues to force shots and drives into the paint way too much to then only lose the ball.

Nance needs to retire a Laker, bottom line.

We have a great core. One thing that was working for us at the start of the season was our offense was working. We were moving the ball, we were setting screens. Nowawdays, we're playing hero ball (iso ball). We need to get back to moving and sharing the ball. Of course, our defense also needs to improve.

Mitch won't ever trade the core together.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#173 » by BEazy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:59 pm

Look at Giannis when he was a rookie. He looked exactly like Brandon Ingram. Have Patience!

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
lake_show
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#174 » by lake_show » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:26 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:Knicks fan coming in peace; i think Lakers 1 or 2 year away to compete for playoffs. B.Ingram is good prospect but he looks like last years d.russell. He just doesnt adjusted that NBA tempo and strength yet.
Also D.Russell is still lacking experience for both defense and offense. He is not good at reading defense. He stopped his dribble 2 times beyond the 3 line for no reason. 4-1 plays and he does the play just because he memorized the move. He had time to make right decision but he passed Mozgov who's going for rebound. He needs time.

Your 7-6 start was misleading and now 10-15 seems to fit your talent level more. I believe L.Walton is trying to implement his offensive system. He looks like a right coach for the job.
As a Knicks fan i dont think we're contender at all. If everything goes right and we manage to stay health we may make 2nd round in East but thats it for us. KP is getting his touches so i think we're fine.

PS: Lakers broadcast was great. I cant stand with homer announcers. They were talking positive for each side like true sport fans. MSG has similar mindset too. I wish every other team follow these good non-homer broadcasters.

Nah... I doubt it. We definitely aren't a .580 win percent team. Which the 7-5 start would suggest. But, we're also better than we've been. We've struggled with injuries over this losing stretch. We've played without our 2 starting guards, our starting PF, our back-up point guard, our back up PF, and our back up C. We've had to play long stretches with our 3rd string PF, SF, PG, and C. Guys who maybe shouldn't even be in the NBA. If you mean that our record more fits that talent level then, yeah of course. But, fully healthy this team is better than that.

Yesterday was the first day we've had Russell and Young in the line-up in weeks and the whole team just looked out of sync out there. Still missing our back-up C. Thomas Robinson is not a rotation guy for us. Confidence is real low right now. They'll put it back together but it was a good solid win for the Knicks. They just happened to catch us in the middle of a ton of struggles. Most of us here don't mind the loses, because we know this team is still growing... We're mostly upset at how they played yesterday. No energy, no heart, lazy passes, bad turnovers. And it's been like that for a few games now. Injuries and confidence have decimated us.
Talking about how bad Julius Randle is:
DEEP3CL wrote:... When dudes know ball we're just going to call out what we see period.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#175 » by The Skyhook » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:44 pm

Just finished watching the game. Shame that we couldn't take advantage of Deng playing what was by far his best game of the season.
NYKNICKPLAYA
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#176 » by NYKNICKPLAYA » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:36 am

Knicks fan coming in peace. I really did enjoy the Lakers announcers. I watch most of the games on VIPBOX/FirstRow so see a lot of different feeds- the Lakers announcers are among my favorite.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers