ImageImageImageImageImage

Is their a reason to be concerned? The venting thread.

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

MrWaffles
Rookie
And1: 225

Re: Is their a reason to be concerned? The venting thread. 

Post#41 » by MrWaffles » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:17 am

The tank is in great shape. Our washed up vets are doing a great job of killing us each game. Our defense is still trash as expected.

Lets keep the tank rolling and develop the players.

Fultz
Russell
Ingram
Randle
Zubac
Nance
Clarkson
Black

That's a core to Build around.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#42 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:27 am

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#43 » by Spens1 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:38 am

I'm now thoroughly worried that we don't have that franchise option.

Randle sure as hell ain't it, Clarkson ain't either. Rusell has done nothing to convince me that he is that either despite some flashes of absolute brilliance, he is a completely frustrating player to watch also.

At least Ingram is raw so lets hope he develops nicely into our own elite S.F.

Tanking may not be the worst option, get Fultz or Ball at P.G, move Russell to S.G, offload Deng AND Mozgov (even if it means moving a net positive like Williams to get them off the books).

This season, whilst not as bad as last season, is still below expectations lets be honest.

In saying that despite being third last in the conference on 15 wins. we're 3 wins back of Portland....... How bad is the west exactly
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#44 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:20 am

haha, lou williams ain't remotely enough to move either deng or mozgov's contracts
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#45 » by miggs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:40 am

The reality is...

1. No one will want Mozgov or Deng. Minny is the closest for Deng and even then. We'd have to attach one of the kids, no buts. Barring an insanely desperate GM/Owner, Moz and Deng are here to stay.

2. All of our young guys are two years away. Our trio is good but it will take time.

3. Mozgov and Deng in the lineup isn't helping. We have to mix it up out there. Ingram needs to be starting at the 3, it will further open that aggressive side we so badly need to grow.

We can start Tarik or not and begin giving Zubac a guaranteed 8 to 10 mins per game. The fact that Zubac has gone this far in his development with almost entirely nba dleague time begs for mins to be added. I don't think 8 mpg is asking too much for Zubac and at this point, why not?

I really do believe it was a monumental mistake to give Dlo the team. I don't think we should trade Dlo nor make trades to appease his game but instead remove the leadership role from him. He's just not the guy to lead this team, never saw that in him and still don't see enough. I already see much more from Ingram in that department.

Sent from my SM-G930P using RealGM mobile app
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
rogers49
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#46 » by rogers49 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:30 am

Pointgod wrote:Coming into this season I was saying that this team needed to tank and it turns out I was right. This team is full of young guys and we should have committed to developing them over some misplaced notion of contending for an 8th playoff seed. Signing Deng and Mozgov to those immovable contracts was also foolish. Not only will we most likely lose our pick this year, there's a danger of losing our 2019 pick as well. Just poorly played all around by the front office.

Is not a matter of 2019 "as well".
We'll lose a pick anyway.
2019 if we lose 2017 and 2018 the other way around.
WarriorsLakers
Junior
And1: 56

Post#47 » by WarriorsLakers » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:56 am

miggs wrote:The reality is...

1. No one will want Mozgov or Deng. Minny is the closest for Deng and even then. We'd have to attach one of the kids, no buts. Barring an insanely desperate GM/Owner, Moz and Deng are here to stay.

2. All of our young guys are two years away. Our trio is good but it will take time.

3. Mozgov and Deng in the lineup isn't helping. We have to mix it up out there. Ingram needs to be starting at the 3, it will further open that aggressive side we so badly need to grow.

We can start Tarik or not and begin giving Zubac a guaranteed 8 to 10 mins per game. The fact that Zubac has gone this far in his development with almost entirely nba dleague time begs for mins to be added. I don't think 8 mpg is asking too much for Zubac and at this point, why not?

I really do believe it was a monumental mistake to give Dlo the team. I don't think we should trade Dlo nor make trades to appease his game but instead remove the leadership role from him. He's just not the guy to lead this team, never saw that in him and still don't see enough. I already see much more from Ingram in that department.

you get blown off by the spurs and this is the energy you come up with? going against another top tier PG in CP3? his laid back attitude is trash to be honest with you

I would love to cut ties and get a team to sucker in for him. be it John Wall or PG13 or Butler.

numbers are numbers but didnt see any fire in his game today
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#48 » by Pointgod » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:23 pm

rogers49 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Coming into this season I was saying that this team needed to tank and it turns out I was right. This team is full of young guys and we should have committed to developing them over some misplaced notion of contending for an 8th playoff seed. Signing Deng and Mozgov to those immovable contracts was also foolish. Not only will we most likely lose our pick this year, there's a danger of losing our 2019 pick as well. Just poorly played all around by the front office.

If we keep our 2017 pick then we give Orlando 2nd rounders instead a first round pick in 2019. So yeah quite the difference between a 1st and a 2nd and two first. Just ask Brooklyn how hard it is to rebuild without full control of your picks.
Vesper
Junior
And1: 66

Post#49 » by Vesper » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:33 pm

I'm concerned about losing the pick.

WE lose 2017, we also lose 2019 first round to the Magic.
miggs
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: Is their a reason to be concerned? The venting thread. 

Post#50 » by miggs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Pointgod wrote:
rogers49 wrote:

If we keep our 2017 pick then we give Orlando 2nd rounders instead a first round pick in 2019. So yeah quite the difference between a 1st and a 2nd and two first. Just ask Brooklyn how hard it is to rebuild without full control of your picks.

BKN gave two unprotected 1st round picks, big difference

miggs
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: Is their a reason to be concerned? The venting thread. 

Post#51 » by miggs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:26 pm

WarriorsLakers wrote:
miggs wrote:The reality is...

you get blown off by the spurs and this is the energy you come up with? going against another top tier PG in CP3? his laid back attitude is trash to be honest with you

I would love to cut ties and get a team to sucker in for him. be it John Wall or PG13 or Butler.

numbers are numbers but didnt see any fire in his game today

I hear you man but trading Dlo seems a bit too much for me. I just don't see that yet but there are far better basketball minds in here than I so maybe there's something better out there for us that we can realistically get for Dlo.

Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Is their a reason to be concerned? The venting thread. 

Post#52 » by Laker_Kid » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:02 am

randle gets fired up by a text from luke, next thing you know he sucks again you can see him pouting on the bench.

russell starts playing well-shooting better, facilitating better, showing better effort on defense-he gets into it with lillard and he's disappeared since.

these guys are still kids. i get it. but i miss the passion, tenacity, and effort you get night in and night out from Kobe. sigh.

i'd rather start

zubac
deng
ingram
jc
lou

/rant

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
miggs
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by miggs » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:09 am

While Nance is out im hoping we see a line up Russ, Young, Ingram, Randle and Zubac. Really want to see more of this.

Hoping we see more mins at PF for Deng and pray Thibs wants to acquire him.

LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#54 » by LakersLegacy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:16 pm

There is reason to be concerned that after falling to 4th worst record in the league that Jim and Mitch have not traded Lou and/or Young to develop our future players and keep the 2017 and 2019 draft pick (we keep both if it comes up top 3) and we could use this as an opportunity to show what the core can do.

Free agents are not coming to play w/ Young and Lou. We've already tried that! Make our young core score!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers