ImageImageImageImageImage

Russell is Lakers best Post Player

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

B-Scott
Head Coach
And1: 94

Russell is Lakers best Post Player 

Post#1 » by B-Scott » Sat Jan 7, 2017 1:15 am

The fadeaway jumper from the post is MONEY and i thought against Portland we went away from it. Lakers had a 4 point lead in the 4th quarter and went away from what was working. He made Damian Llilard look like a high school player in the post and
Llilard had no answer. Part of that is on Luke Walton and the players. Lakers blow leads because they take so many bad shots

Russell, had the mismatch and could have easily got the Portland in the penalty and resulted in free throws rest of quarter

He is by far Lakers best post player. Hopefully Luke starts to get it and stop losing games that should be won
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Re: Russell is Lakers best Post Player 

Post#2 » by Mirjalovic » Sat Jan 7, 2017 2:03 am

He seems automatic from the post

even Kobe can't give you that feeling
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

ratra_1211
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#3 » by ratra_1211 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:06 am

Mirjalovic wrote:He seems automatic from the post

even Kobe can't give you that feeling

kemon man kobe is always around the top list of ppp for post play up until 2013
Vesper
Junior
And1: 66

Post#4 » by Vesper » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:32 am

Russell is Laker's best player.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#5 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 7, 2017 7:02 am

Wouldn't be surprised if it's statistically one of the Lakers top offensive options, but I'm glad it's not highly featured yet. Seems the focus remains on developing sets that test his play making and decision making as a PG.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Post#6 » by TyCobb » Sat Jan 7, 2017 2:20 pm

He seems to release a new shot around the rim every game. He has a lot of floaters he needs to work on in the offseason, but I like his craftiness with fades, up and unders, and footwork moves in general. Right now he is just a mismatch in the post against the opposing teams PG.

Ingram will be the most difficult to guard in the post though because of that length and stroke. His move on Ellington is a glimpse of what is to come after an offseason from him. Ingram also seems to have the fastest growth rate among the spects too.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
driver
Junior
And1: 60

Post#7 » by driver » Sat Jan 7, 2017 4:43 pm

TyCobb wrote:He seems to release a new shot around the rim every game. He has a lot of floaters he needs to work on in the offseason, but I like his craftiness with fades, up and unders, and footwork moves in general. Right now he is just a mismatch in the post against the opposing teams PG.

Ingram will be the most difficult to guard in the post though because of that length and stroke. His move on Ellington is a glimpse of what is to come after an offseason from him. Ingram also seems to have the fastest growth rate among the spects too.

I'm sure this is Luke's vision too. PG and SF that are just strange mismatches for other teams. And then you still have the roaming point-power forward in Randle.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#8 » by RingsDontLie » Sun Jan 8, 2017 12:30 am

He's the most skilled player out of his draft class bar none. The whole knee issue had me doubting, glad that it is starting to look like that is behind him.

He's really the best player on the team. Our offense is much more controlled and just flows better with him in the game.
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#9 » by Tee212 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 1:22 am

nick young has a higher per than klay...wonder why theres no thread for nick lol
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Re: RE: Re: Russell is Lakers best Post Player 

Post#10 » by miggs » Sun Jan 8, 2017 1:55 am

TyCobb wrote:He seems to release a new shot around the rim every game. He has a lot of floaters he needs to work on in the offseason, but I like his craftiness with fades, up and unders, and footwork moves in general. Right now he is just a mismatch in the post against the opposing teams PG.

Tiny Dogg hijacking the thread!

Sent from my SM-G930P using RealGM mobile app
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust

Return to Los Angeles Lakers