ImageImageImageImageImage

What is Lakers' Goal this year?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: What is Lakers' Goal this year? 

Post#21 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:01 am

Worrying about picks is what has made the 76ers not really matter. They want all of the top 5 picks they can get..... they have had a lot of them since Iverson left and their reward for that approach is more top 5 picks organically. Not sure we should try and rebuild that way.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,368

Post#22 » by baldur » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:40 am

we are almost in the middle of last playoff spot and the very bottom. dallas, minny and suns are all on the rise. 76ers have been doing very well recently. only miami and nets cant seem to surpass us. so we are likely to have the worst 3 record. it doesnt matter which selection 76ers will have if our pick conveys to them. what matters is if we keep our pick or not.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#23 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:48 am

If the front office is even remotely thinking about making a play with the team with that pick in mind then it does matter. It's also a road to having one every year for a while as well. That's my point. If that is the goal if you aren't on a playoff track after 50 games then it's a nasty cycle. You have to gamble with your chips sometime. Not many truly great teams are just "picked".
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#24 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:00 pm

lake_show wrote:I wasn't the one who said "miracle". The point I was trying to make is you're saying we just drop 2 spots and we have a 29% chance at winning the lottery. I'm saying dropping 2 spots is gonna prove a lot harder than you think. Even getting past the T-Wolves who are 2 games behind us for us to get to 20% is gonna be tough. Teams that have absolutely no incentive to win would have to start winning games for us to drop. We're basically saying the same thing so I won't "quibble", but 1-3 is a pretty big difference from 1-5, or 1-6.5. Everything else I absolutely agree with you on. The fight would be in trying to drop 2 spots though.

Yeah...I think we're pretty much on the same page. Couple of good signs: T-Wolves won last night, and they also seem to be playing a bit better. 2: Embiid is starting to ball for the 7-ers, and they get Simmons back soon. Those are two teams that could overtake us. I think the Wolves are only 1 behind at this point.

This is certainly not what I thought I'd be saying 16-17 games into the season. We looked much much better than we do now. The ball movement just stopped in it's tracks, and 25 games later....I see little sign that its coming back. It's confusing as all get out to me...but if that's how it's gonna be, I think we will continue to play rotten.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers